New to the forum, but not new to U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elehman1

Babyface
Hello,

I am 14 years old and have been a casual fan for a few years, but really became a diehard over the last year. I saw my first show on the Joshua Tree 2017 tour at MetLife Stadium, and it's definitely in my top 5 for concerts I've been to. My second show will be on the Experience tour in Newark (last show of the leg!) I'm so excited!

I would say the threshold for "diehard" fan would be whether or not you appreciate Pop.

Hello,

I am 14 years old and have been a casual fan for a few years, but really became a diehard over the last year. I saw my first show on the Joshua Tree 2017 tour at MetLife Stadium, and it's definitely in my top 5 for concerts I've been to. My second show will be on the Experience tour in Newark (last show of the leg!) I'm so excited!

I would say the threshold for "diehard" fan would be whether or not you appreciate Pop.

I would say your spot on about about POP and die hard fans. I became a U2 fan when I was 13, but that was back in the 1980s. The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 was great. I'm also looking forward to seeing two shows on the Experience Tour. They will be my 22nd and 23rd U2 shows.

Many would probably see it that way.

I've come to find the following segregation among U2 fans:

Those that think U2 only existed for the first 3 albums and after that they were crap (Boy, October & War).

Those that think the only good U2 album is the 4th one (UF - yep, met enough of these people as to actually think that's a thing).

Those that think the 5th (JT) is the only good U2 there is, save for a track or two off of Rattle & Hum.

Those that think only the 80's U2 is good U2.

Those that think the 7th album is the only good U2 (AB).

Those that think 90's U2 in general is the only good U2 (not counting ATYCLB)

Those they came to know U2 with ATYCLB & HTDAAB and like them for that.

Everything after ATYCLB is a mixed bag, though many lump ATYCLB & HTDAAB together.

I've really liked or loved every album U2 has put out so far, so it is interesting (but understandable) to me, how people will only like certain phases of U2. Probably happens for any band that's been around long enough.

Back
Top Bottom