New member from the UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emmaking

The Fly
Hi there,

New member here, from England, been a fan since Nov '04. Not long i know but i was mis-guided as a child, hehehe.

I'm 18 nearly 19, I adore bono and my dream is to meet Bono atleast once in my lifetime.

Would love to make new friends and meet new people.

Hope you are all well.
Thanks, Emma x

Hello :wave: !
Bono gave me a drumstick and i saw him in dublin on saturday
aha!
im called emma too! *high five*

You lucky thing. I am going to Dublin for my birthday in August, fingers crossed one of the boys are in town that weekend! :)

Thanks for the reply.

I'm new to interference...been a long term member of U2.com, fancied a change though! ;)

interference is better than u2.com!
and dublins the best for u2 fans, make sure you check out the u2 collectables shop quite near the clarence. the man that owns it must be a millionnaire!!

Not biased are you by that response hehehe

oh ive been to that place, it is heaven, it is the first place im planning to go to once im over there!!

Carek1230 said:
Hello Hello and welcome to Interference, Emma. Where in the UK are you from?

It's kinda difficult to explain where i am because some people know an some poeple dont. Usually i say i leave near-ish to london, other times i say im close to Cambridge. But really i live in a town called Sandy that is just outside Bedford.

Not sure if anyone in the UK knows where that is :)

Hey there Emma, welcome to the forum. :wave: I'm an ex-pat who's been living in Finland for the last 24 odd years but before that I lived in Bletchley! Small world eh?! :wink:
Be sure to check out Pleba, lots of great photos of Bono to be found there!
I was lucky enough to meet both Bono as well as Edge in Copenhagen last year! Here's a few photos...

BonoinCoppenhagen2005.jpg

MeetingEdgeinCopenhagen.jpg

:D

hcbiggs2002 said:
Hey there Emma, welcome to the forum. :wave: I'm an ex-pat who's been living in Finland for the last 24 odd years but before that I lived in Bletchley! Small world eh?! :wink:
Be sure to check out Pleba, lots of great photos of Bono to be found there!
I was lucky enough to meet both Bono as well as Edge in Copenhagen last year! Here's a few photos...

BonoinCoppenhagen2005.jpg

MeetingEdgeinCopenhagen.jpg

:D

wow you lucky thing. im heading to dublin for my birthday so hopefully i will see one of the boys there, if i ever meet Bono, oh god i dunno what i'll do, dream come true that would be ;)

Those are very cool pictures hcbiggs2002, bono looks DAMN sexy in that tight purple shirt :up:

hcbiggs2002 said:
Hey there Emma, welcome to the forum. :wave: I'm an ex-pat who's been living in Finland for the last 24 odd years but before that I lived in Bletchley!

:ohmy: I didn't know that! I thought you were just a Finn who spoke (OK, typed) exceptionally good English! I'd love to visit Finland some day :D

partygirlvox said:

Bono gave me a drumstick and i saw him in dublin on saturday
aha!

How jammy, I mean, brilliant is that?! ;) What did you say to him? :hyper:

emmaking said:

It's kinda difficult to explain where i am because some people know an some poeple dont. Usually i say i leave near-ish to london, other times i say im close to Cambridge. But really i live in a town called Sandy that is just outside Bedford.

London- Yes
Cambridge- Yes
Bedford- Y-e-a-h in a kinda it's dahn sarf somewhere sorta way...
Sandy- :confused: Nope, never heard of it...Oh wait, isn't that that town just outside Bedford? :wink:

Hello and welcome from a crazy Northerner!!! :wave:

emmaking said:

:ohmy:

i used to live in Bedford, so needless to say i know where Sandy is :wink:

welcome to interference :wave:

TheQuiet1 said:

:ohmy: I didn't know that! I thought you were just a Finn who spoke (OK, typed) exceptionally good English! I'd love to visit Finland some day :D

I'm actually half Finnish on my mothers side but I've still retained my British nationality. :wink:
Would you believe we still have about 50cm of snow around here!?! The spring thaw started late this year!!! :huh:

Welcome Emma :wave:

I know exactly where Bedford is - i know my geography very well :wink:

Good luck with meeting Bono! :up: it's quite easy if you go looking&it helps if you're in the right place at the right time! I was lucky first time :wink:

I'm in Glasgow :)

I've always thought Finland would be a great place to visit hcbiggs :wink: do you see any wolves? :ohmy:

susanp6 said:

I've always thought Finland would be a great place to visit hcbiggs :wink: do you see any wolves? :ohmy:

Yes but very rarely. We mainly see their tracks in the snow as well as lynx, hares, moose and all sorts of game birds and rodents (we have two cats to keep the rodent population down!) and all manner of criters! And in the summer, miges by the milloins!! :huh:

Back
Top Bottom