New here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Valoria

The Fly
Hi everyone,
I just joined this forum. I am 33 years old, female, a librarian in a small town, and for years was simply a casual U2 fan, familiar with their hits but not much else. When I married my husband 4 years ago (he is a diehard U2 fan), I became more familiar with their lesser-known material and found myself intrigued by a number of things, namely: 1. The U2 songs I hadn't heard; 2. the themes of the albums; 3. The depth of the lyrics; 4. live performances; 5. what dynamics of friendship help make the band last as long (I think I might be a PLEBA-girl-in-waiting); and, 6. *ahem*...Adam! :)
So, I just wanted to introduce myself to you all, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and learning more about U2!

Valoria

Hi Angel-of-Harlem,
Yes, my husband deserves a lot of credit. We were set up on a blind date by a mutual acquaintance and dated to the strains of "How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" in 2004/5. Every time we hear "City of Blinding Lights" and the words "Oh, you look so beautiful tonight" come on, my husband sings them to me! :) He proposed to me 2 months after we met and we got married about a year later.

Thanks, everyone!!

Nice to meet all of you!! :wave: This looks like a lively, multi-faceted forum so I regular contributor!

Hi all,
I realized I forgot to proofread my previous message; it's missing some words! Anyway, I hope you know what I meant! As an English major, spelling and grammar errors drive me crazy, but I am guilty of them myself sometimes!

Hi Angel-of-Harlem,
Yes, my husband deserves a lot of credit. We were set up on a blind date by a mutual acquaintance and dated to the strains of "How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" in 2004/5. Every time we hear "City of Blinding Lights" and the words "Oh, you look so beautiful tonight" come on, my husband sings them to me! :) He proposed to me 2 months after we met and we got married about a year later.

Aww, cute!! :heart: Especially the part in which he sings :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom