New from Florida! What does PLEBAN mean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Momfulltime

Babyface
Do I have that acronym correct?

I keep seeing it on this site. :)

Going to the Tampa concert in November... would LOVE to dance on stage or be close. I have seat tickets, though. :( Wahhh!

I thought about trying to get GA, but I'm going w/my 14 y/o son and not sure I want to be in the crowd. But U2 fans are pretty decent... I'm sure we'd be fine.

Any thoughts?

Tori

Hi Tori, welcome to interference!:wave:

Pleban is an acronym (I think that is the correct word!) for Paul McGuinness, Larry, Edge, Bono and Adam! It is a specific forum on the site dedicated to these guys:drool:

Have fun at the concert!

For GA, if you are in the very front on the rail, either inside or outside of the ellipse, you are very unlikely to get squashed. If you are on the back of the floor near the soundboard, there is plenty of room back there. Inside the ellipse overall is generally less squishy. But to get up close, you need to be in line all day. Otherwise, the middle part of the floor can be pretty squishy and hard to see over people's heads.

And PLEBAns are crazy girls (mainly) that like to drool over

Paul
Larry
Edge
Bono
Adam

:D

Last edited:
Hi and welcome :wave:

I've been to 7 U2 concerts, and encountered absolutely NO problems with the fans whatsoever. No pushing, no shoving, etc has ever happened to me.

However, things can and do happen in large crowds... so, I couldn't advise you of anything... all I can do is relate my experience.

At one of the Toronto concerts this year the girl next to me got the wind knocked out of her very badly as she got pushed into the rail when Bono walked around, but security had her over the rail and to medical help really quickly and the fans regulated themselves after they saw that, they all calmed down and were very sorry about what had happened.

Other than that I've never had a problem myself in my 3 GA experiences. Of course it took me no less than 12 hours in line to get a decent spot, but it was worth it to me. I can't say how a 12 y/o would fare, it's sort of an in-between age. :hmm:

Pleba is, as others have said Paul, Larry, Edge, Bono, Adam and a Pleban is a fan who lives/breathes/eat/sleeps U2.
And generally speaking think the 4 boys are rather handsome :love:
Thats why we share a lot of photos of them in Pleba.

Welcome to interference :wave:

Last edited:
^That is scary to hear. Good goign for security to have moved so quickly. That's partly what they are there for. Nobody better be pushin me in GA or they'll be sorry! :eyebrow:

Hi momfulltime!
I was in your state this summer... missing it...

Have fun at the concert!

It's great you take your son with you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom