My son likes U2 now.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kinddeed

Babyface
I am here partly for my son who is into the band since the Virtigo album, I think he thought he had discovered a new band....bless. But also for me to reminise, I enjoy playing U2 songs on guitar so am more interested in the Tabs/guitar section.
I must be unusual on here as I have not seen the band live since 1985 at Milton Keynes bowl and 5 years before that at the Nags Head in Wollaston, where I only watched the sound check before going to the beer garden as did most of the other punters, well it was a hot september evening. A cocky teenager who was the singer dressed in a mohair jumper, leopard skin trousers and heeled boots came outside and tried to persuade everyone to come back in, he was very sure of himself, £1 entry. Of course no one really knew who they were. Bono need not have worried the beer garden though because a large crowd did eventually turn up, Word must have started to get around about them , but not with us locals.
I am not really into big gigs(too much screaming) but who knows one day again perhaps. It would be nice to take my son if U2 ever tour again, its hard to persuade my kids to come to a gig by other bands I like.
U2 really are a band that crosses the age groups more than any other.
I am off to the guitar section now,bye.

That is so awesome! Being a U2 fan is great in itself, but to share it with your son is extra special. I know, I do the same :wink: My son is in college and he is getting more and more into U2 as he gets older. I love it.

:wink: That's really cool..sharing your fave band with your son! Not too many groups have that!! lol@the cocky teenage Bono..in a mull hair jumper? I am surprized HE wasn't drinking on that hot evening! lol:wink:

I'm new here but had to reply to this one.
My son is 3 and we watch my U2-18 DVD at least once a week. His favorite is "The Saints are Coming". I try to watch a couple of songs from my Red Rocks video (USA Network 'Night Flight' program recorded to Beta, transfered to 8mm tape) but he likes the newer stuff better.

AlJ

I must be unusual on here as I have not seen the band live since 1985 at Milton Keynes bowl

I don't know if it can interest you but I'm selling the double vinyl bootleg of that concert. If the thing interests yourself send me a private message. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom