My love for U2 and Achtung Baby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AchtungBaby81

Babyface
Well, at last i figured out how to upload an image to a forum! I'm not so good and handy with computers and the internet......
although i'm only 28.

Here's my story!

My name is Joris and i'm from the Netherlands. I fell in love with our four Irish lads in 1992, at the age of eleven. Heard 'The Fly' on the radio and that was the beginning
of my love for their music and especially their record Achtung baby! Nowadays this record is still the number one in my record collection. Never been beaten from that position...

I saw the video of The Fly and was blown away! This was how a true rock 'n roller had to look! This was what they tried to say with the word 'cool'! This was going to be my band:)... In the years that followed i bought every record, started collecting and saw the band for the first time during Popmart Rotterdam.

As a U2 collector i searched a long time to get my hands on the Achtung Baby Poster Collection..... Finally found it as a complete set and now i can show everyone that visit my apartment my love for this record and the great pictures of our Dutchman Anton Corbijn. Forever in my heart 'cause this record pulled me out again and again during moments that life at school was hard, or on my way to become a grown man. Achtung Baby has always been there for me!

U2 Art Solutions, Another Berlin Wall....

Cheers!

Afbeelding%20063.jpg

Hi :wave: Welcome! :)

What an awesome idea! :shocked: The Achtung Baby cover on your wall is stunning :love:

Hey Joris, welcome to the forum! :wave: Achtung Baby is one of my favourite U2 albums too!! But I never knew there's actually a set of posters of the album cover!?! :ohmy: And I love the way you have them displayed on your wall! :love: :drool: :faint: *dies of envy*

WOW! I have a few of those. I was given them by a record store clerk. This is amazing! I need to get on e-bay and find the rest. If I remember right they are two sided. I am so glad someone did this.

Can I post this on my FB page and give you credit? Drop me a note.

Back
Top Bottom