Mount Temple joins Interference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mount Temple

The Fly
To the Interference U2 community,

Starting my first thread and post in a introduction capacity.

I have been a U2 fan since 1985 when first hearing "Pride" on the radio and viewing the music video on music TV . The event that really solidified my passion was during the last quarter of 1987.

I was 14 at the time and my Dad had just won a very prestigious music contest from a local radio station. The prize included: front row seats, music library and t- shirt PLUS backstage access to met Bono, Edge, Adam and Jr!

Many years later and this concert still is my favourite. The experience of meeting the guys and then sitting front row as they ripped into an amazing "Joshua Tree" era set was truly an "Unforgettable Fire"! ( insert laugh track here)

After that musical life changing event, I become a dedicated U2 fan from that point on.

Going forward, I have seen locally and via travel U2 14 different times. One of the most memorable was Slane Castle during the "Elevation" tour. I would expect most on this site own a copy of that show, so the WOW factor involved around that night is very apparent .

Now that I have decided to join an on- line community. What are my expectations?

To read and view and discuss U2 related topics with cool people who are fans of a fantastic group of artists who began many years ago in Mount Temple school.

It is a slice to meet all of you.

Thanks.

Hello and welcome. :) Wow what a great experience to start off your fandom. Do you have any photos from that contest winning event? Either of the show from first row or your meet up backstage? That would be pretty cool.

Hello BonoComet,

Thank you for the greetings. Unfortunately in the pre-digital age of 1987, photos were not as easy to work with. My Dad took some shots of myself with the guys backstage. Those were shot on a old Kodak camera using a film role. It is so handy now with the ease of posting and using photos in whatever space you care to use them in. 26 years ago that was not the case.

I remember the harsher rules during those days about cameras being used at concerts which meant that photos were not allowed, especially in the front row with security standing a few feet away.

I am amazed at the freedoms we concert-goers now have. Today when you attend a show, you can use your smart device to snap high- def pics and even film HD video footage. I love the stuff people upload onto You Tube as it has a great "gorilla" feel to it.

Anyway thanks for the question and I appreciate the welcome message.

How long have you been a member of Interference?

Mount Temple

That's totally understandable about the photos. I definitely know it wasn't easy to take photos at concerts too for all my life as well! It's only been in the last few years I've been able to get them myself. I thought you might have got a few backstage meeting them and those might still be around. It's ok though!
I've been hanging around here on Interference since 2005 when I joined during the Vertigo tour, and I've ways enjoyed it. :) This place has its ups and downs, but mostly it's a lot of fun, and a good way to feel connected to U2's fandom.

Thanks Jeevey and BonoComet.

I am looking forward to a lot of fun on this site.

2005 puts you into the "seven year itch" standings. Considering your history, I am sure you are familiar with the goings on come U2 album releases and all the hoopla surrounding the tours.

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer.

Cheers!
Mount Temple

It does get crazy during new album and tour time. But it also gets stir crazy between times, so it's just a lot of crazy all the time. :wink:

During the tour, you can follow the shows here with the setlist parties, that is if you want to know what is going on and what songs are played at every show. Sometimes there is an audio feed (or even video once in a while) and we hear them live, but you never know. They can be shaky and sound like they are at the bottom of the ocean sometimes, but once in a while we get a really nice clear one. They can be a lot of fun if you can't be there in person!

Enjoy your summer too. :wave:

Mount Temple, what took you so long? This place has been in existence for over a decade. :wink: Welcome and enjoy! Looks like the boys will putting out some new stuff this fall.

Mount Temple, what took you so long? This place has been in existence for over a decade. :wink: Welcome and enjoy! Looks like the boys will putting out some new stuff this fall.

Thanks Mr.Pryck2U. Yes I did take a long time didn't I ? Here's hoping for Q413 new album release. I am realistically thinking Q1 or Q2 of 2014 though.

Have a good summer.

Mount Temple

Back
Top Bottom