Migrating from @U2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shogart

Babyface
Hello, all!

My name is Shogart, and this is officially my first post on the Interference forum. I've been a somewhat active member of the @U2 forum since its birth about half a year ago, but I thought I'd do some scouting about to see what happens in other U2 fan bases. :)

I'm among the younger generation of U2 fans, having been born in '86. I like to think that my journey with U2 began in utero, but that's only partially true. My parents, particularly my dad, were avid U2 fans, so I've been exposed to their music ever since my fetal ears developed, but I didn't become a fan in my own right until about 1999.

Sadly, I've only seen one show, but it was enough of an experience to have me eagerly anticipating the probable tour next year... I saw them in early October of 2001 in Hamilton, Ontario, in the wake of both 9/11 and the death of Bob Hewson. I think it goes without saying that it was an emotional show...

Anyway, I'd love it if you'd introduce yourselves to me, and I look forward to many interesting discussions here!

-Shogart

P.S. If there are other @U2 members here... no, this doesn't mean I'm abandoning our home forum, just dabbling... ;)

welcome

yes I remeber your name from atU2, it's pretty distinctive.
And welcome as a long-time U2 Fan to you-younger U2 fan!.:yes:

This is in general a more active site in fan participatiop. AT is a *very nice* site but it's mssg Brd is not the most lively in terms of plentitude/fast responses, you must admit.

I think you'll have a lot of fun here.

Hello there Shogart, I also was born in 1986 (in New Mexico, so I feel some connection with the Joshua Tree), but now I live in wisconsin

Back
Top Bottom