Maybe I should Edge-ucate your minds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Edge89

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I don't think I ever introduced myself when I first joined Interference so I thought I would take this opportunity to start again and do so.
Some of you already know me, others have probably seen my username before and most of you probably don't have the slightest idea about who I am.

My name is Simon.
I'm a Swedish boy born in 1989 and I live in the suburbs of our capital Stockholm. I've been listening to U2 since forever because I was brought up listening to Achtung Baby and Zooropa. Dad used to play me Lemon as a lullaby for my afternoon naps I seem to remember among other things.
I became a more active U2 fan in 2000 I guess with the release of All That You Can't Leave Behind, which was and still is an excellent record from the U2/Eno/Lanois team. Can't wait to hear what they've created this time around, roughly eight years later. My favourite song changes almost every hour but I really adore Kite, it's just something magical about that track.

I've seen U2 twice in concert so far, one gig during the Elevation Tour and one from the Vertigo Tour.
My taste in music is very mixed, I listen to pretty much anything except for different types of metal and more recent hip-hop. You can take a look at my Last.fm profile to get an idea although the stats are kind of messed up right now.

About a year ago I became one of the editors of the biggest Swedish U2 fansite U2.se and it is such an honour and so much fun to be part of a website that you admired and previously used to visit as just another fan, let me tell you. In my freetime I don't do much these days since school takes up most of my time and my band where I was the lead guitarist split up last autumn.
If you're the slightest interested in the music we made I'll recommend that you visit our MySpace page (make sure that you check out our blog too for further details!).

Before that I played basketball for five years, which should give you an idea about my height. If there's any further questions about me I'll be happy to try to answer them as soon as possible.

Here's a picture of me as well taken in Kilmainham Gaol in April, where U2 recorded the video for A Celebration back in the early 80's.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Edge89/E89/edge89-2006-09-29.jpg[/QUOTE]

OMG! I use to say Edge-ucate too! ha!

Hi Simon! Nice idea of introduce yourself properly... I also done the same few days ago.

When I read that you are Swedish living in Stockholm the first thing that came to my mind was... Roxette and Abba.

I particulary adore Roxette I grow up listening their music. Also I like Gyllene Tider even when I can't understand the language at all! But I love Per Gessle's voice.

Confessing... this I feel quite old!

Anyway, welcome!

Sounds like you have a cool dad :up:

Do you have that wristwatch up on your bulletin board for a specific reason, or are you just using it as a really tiny clock :lol:

:lol: Ooops! It seems like I linked the wrong picture! :giggle:
That's what you get for posting when you're half asleep, I guess. :D
The watch is there for no specific reason, though. I think it's my brother's watch actually. We used to share the same bedroom, back then.

Anyway, here's the Kilmainham pic:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Edge89/Dublin/minneskort2/Irland-skolresaapril2008016.jpg
I should probably add this link to my little Dublin adventure-story too: http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?t=185534&page=16

When I read that you are Swedish living in Stockholm the first thing that came to my mind was... Roxette and Abba.
I particulary adore Roxette I grow up listening their music. Also I like Gyllene Tider even when I can't understand the language at all! But I love Per Gessle's voice.
Confessing... this I feel quite old!
Anyway, welcome!
I have to admit that I don't listen to Swedish music that much, there's just so much better stuff out there.
And please forgive me for saying so but after 19 years of Gyllene Tider it easily gets quite repetitive, even though there are moments when I enjoy listening to their music as well, I guess. Abba can be good sometimes and Roxette doesn't get played a lot anymore so that's still listenable to my ears.

Thanks for welcoming me though, everyone! :up:

I have to admit that I don't listen to Swedish music that much, there's just so much better stuff out there.
And please forgive me for saying so but after 19 years of Gyllene Tider it easily gets quite repetitive, even though there are moments when I enjoy listening to their music as well, I guess. Abba can be good sometimes and Roxette doesn't get played a lot anymore so that's still listenable to my ears.

Thanks for welcoming me though, everyone! :up:

It's ok. I've thought that you won't probably listen that kind of music because wasn't in you Last.fm profile. Btw, nice list!

I understand you... I'm Argentinian but I don't listen country music at all.

^^ I know :lol

I would've gone upstairs if it wasn't for the chains that sealed off the staircase.
I could've jumped/stepped over it of course, but I assume that the chains are there to ensure that no unauthorized people go up. It's just not something I'd do in as a guest in a foreign country, besides those cells seemed very unpleasant to "live" in.

And again, we were visiting Kilmainham with school so at least we had an excellent guide to give us a tour of the place. :up:

Back
Top Bottom