Long time U2 fan and viewer of the forum, first time poster!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoocarolina

Refugee
Hi All,

This forum is fantastic! It's a great source for news, rumors and lots of interesting posts and I've been reading the posts for about a year and a half now. I've been a fan for 19 years and I can't seem to get enough of the boys. I enjoy collecting every piece of U2 music I can get my hands on or download and I have approximately 100+ original cds with U2 material, 500+ mp3's (growing everyday with the help of some great FTP sites by Sicy and Brian) and lots of video.

It's hard to say what I like most about the band, but the main thing is the fact that they're willing to stick their necks out and experiment musically while tackling the big issues such as love, war, politics and religion. I like every album in some shape way or form, my favorites being Achtung Baby, the Joshua Tree and ATYCLB, and I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I like every song because there are some that I can't force myself to like just bc they're created by the boys. I've been hooked on the remix circuit lately, mostly early 90's b-sides and definitely looking forward to what they'll do next.

I've read a lot lately about arguing between 80's U2 fans and new U2 fans from the Zooropa & Pop era and I think it's fairly trivial. When I listen to the latest albums I hear a lot of the same sounds and techniques from the early days and ATYCLB and POP wouldn't have happened without the journey from Boy to Achtung Baby. We're spoiled bc we want them to do what we think they should do, when in fact we should just sit back and enjoy the ride bc they'll go in full circle again and evolve over time, making them unique and a band that can transcend multiple generations. And again, it's entertainment, but it's also a business so I undertstand why the Best Of is coming out late this year, the new album probably late next to give the other sometime to sell, even if I need something new now. They're not only great musicians, but great businessmen as well and I hope they'll keep producing great music for the next 10+ years!

I've been to 3 concerts (Toronto 10/97, Charlotte 3/01, & Atlanta 11/01) and enjoyed them all. I wish I could duplicate the anticipation and exhiliration and watching the Boston DVD is as close as I can get.

Looking forward to the Slane TV show later this year, the new Best Of and hopefully a new album and tour later next year.

Thanks folks and I look forward to chatting with you all in the future!

Welcome! Glad you decided to jump into the fray. Ignore the bickering, we still all love each other (for the most part;))

Thanks, I know most of it's in good fun :sexywink: I say let's enjoy what we get and enjoy it while it lasts, they'll be plenty of time for what was the best who was the best after they've decided to hang it up as the greatest band ever!

Not that I'm biased or anything!

Welcome Welcome!

Hope to see you around the Forum!

North Carolina is such a beautiful state. My sister lives in Raleigh. :)

Thanks for all the hellos! My parents actually live in Cary outside of Raleigh and my wife, little girl and I have been in Charlotte for the past 4 years after relocating from Rochester, NY so I'm a U2 fanactic amongst all of the country bumpkins!! You'll never find my radio dial on a country station, just U2 in the player!

AcrobatMan(well... or boy...) your evil face welcome scared me!! :ohmy: :eyebrow:

Hehe... Welcome and hello!! Glad you finally come out and post!!! :D:D :) Come join the fun!!

Back
Top Bottom