Kansas City Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aviastar

The Fly
Hello. I have been a U2 fan for 30 years now / my dad was a part-time DJ while he was working on establishing his law firm so he would bring a lot of station promo records home. I got hooked on TUF and TJT when I was about 8 or 9 - that would be 1987/1988. I was too young to attend the original TJT shows, but I have been to 360 tour in St Louis, I+E in MSG, and am going to the Chicago show in June. I am really looking forward to seeing them again, and I have turned my wife into a U2 fan as well.

My favorite record is TUF, followed by AB and TJT. I would say that it took my a while to really like Pop and Zooropa - mainly because I was 14 and 17 when those came out and at the time grunge was all the rage. But I have developed a strong appreciation for those records over the years. I really enjoyed SOI, but I think NLOTH has a lot of great tracks that don't get a lot of love as well.

Little known thing - U2 filmed the Last Night on Earth video in downtown KC in the 90s when the downtown area was pretty desolate. I wasn't living here then. But in the past ten years Downtown KC Missouri has become a lot more lively...

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! Haven't been to KC for a show yet, but I'm hoping to someday as I've always liked the area.

Back
Top Bottom