just sayin' hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4EVRU2

Acrobat
Uh, just posting for the first time here, even though I registered a few weeks back-- I feel so "green", like I've never used a computer before. So forgive me if I make little boo-boos!

Even though I've been a fan for years, it's never occurred to me to join a fan site. I guess, in a way, I stopped being "obsessed" over U2 (as I was in my early teens, writing fan fiction, dreaming about them, fantasizing about running away to Ireland to try and meet them-- sheesh!) and simply enjoyed their music, etc., watched their shows, but didn't constantly worry about being the most manic-- follower, for lack of a better word. Now I'm a mom, and I'd feel silly obsessing over every news item, or photo of the band I came across, or even collecting photos/memorabilia (although I still cut photos out of magazines and store them away); heck, it may be sacrilige, but my only U2 concert tee is stained with hair dye and has a giant hole in it! I'm ticked at myself for that, but hey... I could just kick myself for passing up on an opportunity to meet them outside their hotel after a concert they played here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (this was before I had kids,) but I was tired and didn't want to wait :sad: and later I read they showed up at their hotel and greeted fans and I've regretted it ever since. To meet Bono-- ah, now that would complete my life!

Nice to be here though. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom