Jumping in feet first...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allanah

Acrobat
I probably should have made this my first post, I suppose, but the Bob Rock/Metallica/U2 thread was way too tempting. I've been lurking for about a year (mostly in EYKIW) and am finally taking the plunge.

So, uh... hi? What do you say in an introductory post, anyway? I'm a Southern girl from Atlanta, current college student, part-time bartender, and full-time smartass. And why am I here? Because I love U2. I always kinda liked them and had The Joshua Tree at 17, but that's about as far as it went. My first musical love was Metallica, if that gives you any idea of where my music fandom was (I got over the "If it's not hard rock, it sucks!" phase pretty quickly, thank God.) I liked "Beautiful Day" when it came out but didn't buy the album. Then I got the chance to see them in Atlanta in 2005 -- holy crap, y'all. Words cannot express how blown away I was. I was also shocked to discover that, in a 25-song set, I knew at least 20 of the songs. Everything clicked, and I started buying albums and DVDs like mad, and now I'm here.

:wave:

Glad to hear you were blown away!!! :wink: They kind of have that effect, don't they? :drool:

They certainly do. :yes: The week before, I saw Nine Inch Nails (with Queens of the Stone Age opening, no less) in the exact same venue, and at that point, it was the best concert I had ever seen. The thing about every rock show I'd seen up to and including NIN was that I left the venue feeling exhausted -- in a good way, of course. I like getting my ass kicked by a live band. But seeing U2 was a whole other kind of experience; I'd never actually left a concert feeling uplifted and full of energy before. Even with my crappy seats.

Thanks for the nice welcome, everyone. And Bono-jour back at you, waynetravis. Est-ce que tu parles français? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom