It's been a long time, but I'm back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Greeting fellow U2 fans. I am happy to see that the Interference community continues to thrive. For the many who may not know me, I originally joined back in 2002 and was a very active member (over 20K posts) until the middle of 2006. I participated in multiple forums and got to know many people over those years, some of whom I remain in contact today. I was most active in FYM and was one of a small rag-tag group of conservatives who enjoyed spirited debate with a wide range of left-leaning progressives, intellectuals and, of course, people who like to argue on the internet.

During the last six months I was on Interference, I went through a forced job change (merged out of a position) and obtained a Conservatorship over my father (dementia left him unsafe to live on his own), all while juggling the busy schedule of two very active children. The extreme polarization of FYM (and prevalent anti-Christian bias) didn’t help. If there is any clear indicator of stress, a dose of shingles must be it. Once that hit, I realized something had to change and with much sadness, I had to leave the Interference community.

Life has changed for me and changed for the better. I am now seven years in my new position, and it has grown in both scope and responsibility. My father passed away, the ravages of Alzheimer’s taking its toll, and I was able to bring all his children together for a time of remembrance and reflection (we literally live in four corners of the US). My eldest child graduates high school with a full time summer job lined-up (as a beach life guard) before he heads off to college. My daughter is now a teenager and will keep me busy with a full schedule of swim practices.

I look forward to rekindled friendships and more spirited debate, all under the umbrella of a common love for U2.

Hey, sorry about what happened with your dad. My mom had to take conservatorship over one of her brothers for dementia too.

Yeah, FYM is a little rough now and I hope you can bring some diplomacy there - we can use it!

But anyway, glad to see you back!

So sorry for your loss, and happy for you that things have changed for the better right now. (I too can relate to the difficulties of caring for parents with that illness.) Welcome back. And just in time for a new album! Hopefully. ;)

Wow, one of the old guard returns. I just about fell off my chair a minute ago when I saw a post from you on FYM was not in a thread bumped from years ago, but was made today.

Back
Top Bottom