In I come and out you go, you get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LastNameonEarth

The Fly
Usually I'm the type who slips into/out of the party when there's least chance of people making a big hullaballoo, but I thought I'd say hello since it's been requested.

The Fly video, on Top of the Pops in the UK, was when U2 first made it onto my radar. "WOW!! What the hell is this!?!" was what went through my ten-year old mind. I still get a buzz on the all too rare occasion it comes on a pub jukebox.

The combo of Running to Stand Still and Where the Streets Have No Name on the Zoo TV VHS I was given one Christmas in the early '90's - this was when I realised U2 were more than a band to me.

I spent my time at uni defending U2 from all the usual dad rock, greedy, hypocritical, boring etc allegations, as my friends became obsessed with and then discarded one too-cool-for-school band after another. I made them compilations, they would never "get it" - I still think some of them will eventually, but I've long since given up trying to convert them to the bright side! For now I take some consollation in knowing some of their - and my - favourite bands can now see the light (Noel Gallagher telling his brother to see U2 live to learn where the bar is set, Eddie Vedder's love of Bad, Chris Martin playing A Sort of Homecoming to his new born baby, Michael Stipe rating HTDAAB as one of his favourite albums in '04, Thom Yorke's citing of U2 as an early influence).

Looking forward to further discussing the new album as the anticipation grows and excitement reaches fever pitch. Anyway, off with the horns :macdevil: , on with the show...

Back
Top Bottom