I'm ready for laughing gas!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WillyMullen

Babyface
Hello U2 lovers! My name is Will, I'm 30 years young, a drummer in a U2 Tribute Band in Los Angeles and have been on board with U2 ever since Achtung Baby.

I heard that album and saw Zoo TV in my hometown of Houston, TX (one of my first concerts!!) and became hooked immediately! Of course I knew about The Joshua Tree and Rattle and Hum but I was too young at the time they were released to really appreciate what they were all about, otherwise I would've been on board long before Achtung Baby. Hell, if I were 16 in 1980, I would've been hooked then, I imagine. I began buying the albums that came before AB and just fell deeper in love with them and they are now without a doubt my number one favorite band!!

I think what I love best about them is their dedication to stick together and their team unity. I love their organic sound. Even when it wasn't as organic during the Zooropa and Pop days, there was still an element of earth to what they were doing.

I think Bono said it best, something like 'We're more of a really loud folk band than a rock band but when we rock, like on Elevation or Vertigo, man it rocks!!'

I love the approach each band member has toward their instruments. The simplicity they utilize is something to be admired. Where so many artists will do all they can to out do the next guy or over do it as a musician on their instrument, U2 dares to be themselves and oddly, that's a rarity found in the human experience.

They greatly influence me to be a better musician, a better man, and a better human being. Just to be me, that's enough, and that's sexy!

I'm looking forward to meeting fellow U2 fans and making new friends on here! I'm also looking forward to talking about Larry's drumkit and his current configuration. I'm always trying to stay up to date with his set up so I can be as accurate as possible for gigs and accurate on how he's currently playing U2's music live.

Cheers!
-Willy Mullen Jr. (Will)

P.S. If anyone has any insight on how to meet the band (Especially Larry and Bono) at any point in time, PLEASE, feel free to let me know how I might make that happen!

:wave:Hello and Welcome!! i hope you are catching them on this new tour? houston? Well, for me Chicago!! Whoo_hoo...U R right about them as a Band! All parts working together! :up:

Yeah I've got my tickets for LA and Dallas and will have others worked out soon. Hopefully New York, Phoenix, Vegas, and Houston.

Back
Top Bottom