i'll try again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dandiddlyan

Babyface
thank you for making me feel unwelcome at your forum. i am relatively new to forums and blogging (being in my 40's) and was surprised and a bit embarrassed at the nature of your 'locking' me out. I am certainly not doing anything commercial, i merely wanted to introduce myself with something that might be of onterest to other U2 fans. These are two original adverts for some of the bands earliest gigs, which i happened to attend. I have met the band on a number of occassions and know many of the Cork crew who worked with them over the years. I must say i find your welcome , or lack of it a bit surprising, that's definately not what the band are about. If this is some kind of misunderstanding , then fine, but what you rather i do, earn my stripes in some way?, post some boring comments, i would rather cut to the chase and share stuff i know or feel about this great band.

Hi,

I'm sorry if you felt unwelcome. That is certainly never our intention. It is sometimes hard for us to decipher what may come across as advertising (and not just selling items, we normally dont allow any advertising of personal websites/etc as a first post. )

In any case I hope you will stay and make yourself comfortable.

thanks for that

Thank you for that, maybe , at my age i'm a bit naive about these things. I have some great meories of the band, aprticularly in the early days, before they were the phenomenon they became later on!

I've been a fan for about 22 years myself and am close to your age. :yes:

Aww, I tried to be as nice as possible. I didn't want to make you feel unwelcome, I was just trying to be fair in following the rules.

You are most definitely welcome, and I hope that you enjoy posting here! :wave:

Back
Top Bottom