i subscribed a while ago, but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

achtungjulie

The Fly
i'm one of those people who never introduced herself - so here goes:

i'm 22 now, and when i was 16 my life changed with a simple mix tape that my friend gave me. i was having a bad day at school, and i put her tape in my walkman and listened to it as i walked home. the tape was entirely u2 songs! when i got to the top of this hill where i had to start walking through some trees to get home, 'some days are better than others' came on, and everything started to make sense. i know it's not a popular song, but i just identified with it so much. and then the obsession began.

so, i've written essays on how u2 have changed my life, saved me from myself, made me a better person, stopped me from listening to horrible music, etc etc. i'm sure everyone has been there. during the past six years, my obsession has gone through different stages, and i think it has finally peaked. as cheesy as it sounds, this band has managed to make me feel better about every crap thing that has ever happened in my life. and whether i'm bawling my eyes out to 'ultraviolet' or jumping around my bedroom to 'out of control', i'm happy to let them keep doing whatever it is they're doing to me. :)

Back
Top Bottom