Howdy from an old fan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian_C

Babyface
Howya. Massive U2 fan and have been since, Oh le’me see, probably 1986, when I woulda been 14 phew. First U2 album I bought was The JT and have been pretty much hooked since. I suppose I got it from my sis and bro. My sis often talks about going to see them play in the Dandy-line market in Dublin in 197*, when they were just another band. I grew up not too far from where Larry lived, and in fact he went to my school before being kicked out and going to Mount Temple. I can remember I used to play their songs at close to full blast on the family stereo and play air guitar, thinking I was Edge, hehehehe!!! :hyper: I now play guitar and play a load of their songs, Edge is, in my opinion a musical and guitar genius. Anyway, that’s me, hi.

Yeah sure did. You'll often hear Bono saying in the introductions, ya know the way he does, ".....and on drums we have Mr. Artane Boys Band.....". (he says it on the Slane DVD) The Artane Boys Band is based in my old school, and he got kicked out 'cause he had to get his hair cut.

Bear in mind it was run by the Christian Brothers. Very strict!!

Back
Top Bottom