hola amigos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeychild

The Fly
I just posted my first post after lurking for a while so thought I might as well go the whole hog and introduce myself! I´m from Scotland but moved to Costa Rica last year... so if anyone can suggest a good venue in the states cos I hope to travel up there to catch the tour, but have no idea where to go! other than the obvious NY, Miami. I guess I should post this question on the tour forum!! Anyhoo... I have been a huge fan since my brother bought the R&H video when I was 12! Embarrassingly, wrote a long rambling letter to Bono when I was 13 (God I hope he never got that!) and have seen the band 4 times (was on the confessional at celtic park!). Never saw the last tour as I was teaching AIDS awareness in S. Africa when they were touring Europe...so definately don´t want to miss them this time round!

Hello and welcome again! :wave:

That's a great thing about you helping out in Africa! Much respect for that! :up: Can I ask you why did you moved to Costa Rica and what do you think of HTDAAB? :)

hello again! my boyfriend (now fiance) was working here...after afew years of the long distance thing I moved out here. i was also attracted by the opportunity to learn spanish and do some meaningful work here once my spanish is better!
I´m really enjoying HTDAAB, I´m often drawn to the lyrically touching tracks (as long as the music is good of course!) and there are some good ones here! I think its uplifting. How do you like it?

oh, and thanks for the:up: it was a great experience...the people there are fantastic, but the whole thing is so sad.... where i was working 1 in 3 were believed to be HIV+

That's horrible. :(

I'm loving HTDAAB, my favorite tracks are Love And Peace Or Else, City Of Blinding Lights and Vertigo! :) It's a great reocrd but my favorite one is Achtung Baby! :drool: What's yours?

I think it would have to be The Joshua Tree....and then Achtung Baby. Such different albums but both great!

Hi there from a fellow female scot!:wave:
wow, you were on the confessional at Celtic park, i was at that show. Was that out of this world or what?!:ohmy:
I got into the band pretty much from the start. I reckon i started to 'notice' Bono from when i watched RED ROCKS when it came out in 1983. I thought to myself now there is something about him that is indescribable (although at the age i am now, i sure can find plenty ways to describe what i think now! - just read PLEBA Bono threads for examples on this!) I was right at the front at the side of the B stage and let me tell you i had a VERY good view of Bono's ,ahem, assets! OH YEAH!!!:drool: How close to the front were you honeychild? Welcome to the forum of fun&madness!

I wasn´t near the front at that gig. The only time I have ever been didn´t exactly work out! lol!!! The first gig I went to was ZOOTV at the SECC - I had never been to a gig before, and having seen footage of people waiting all night outside concerts thought this was the thing to do! So myself and a friend from school got a bus down to Glasgow from the highlands the night before, wandered around Anderston (later learned this is where the prostitutes are :huh: ) looking for the SECC, getting quite lost...eventually found the place, walked all around it and found........ no body else there!!!!:lol: and my friend wasn´t even a fan, bless her! we didn´t even have blankets or anything cos we didn´t have anywhere to put our stuff during the gig. about 10mins after we got there 3 girls came along. they had arrived even earlier than us and because they were the only people there the security had let them go inside. they came back seeing as people were starting to arrive. two 15 year old girls!!!!:wink:
actually the security were really sweet, they brought us out a couple of those big bright jackets they wear to keep us warm! and some tea! anyway.....after all that, we got in the front row, right infront of bonos microphone... near the end of the support act my friend got pulled out as we were getting crushed agianst the barrier. I thought I´d better go see how she was so got pulled out too.:( I thought I was alright but when I got back stage I started hyperventilating. So there I was breathing into a paper bag when we heard the screams - U2 were on stage! so we ran out, me still with the paper bag in front of my face! hehe!
In the end we got pretty near the b-stage, only a few rows back, but it was disappointing after everything! Oh well...the concert was still fab! So, a very rambling reply to your question Susan. Sorry! Its a long time since I thought about that and I just got a bit lost on memory lane!!!!
:wink:

Last edited:
That was a good little story, so it wasn't rambling to me at all!
I want to hear every little detail as far as U2 are concerned!
I was at the SECC concert as well and it was my 1st U2 concert&it was incredibly special, believe me :D

Welcome to Interference!

I´ve been to Costa Rica and Nicaragua this summer.

la pura vida ... have some Imperial for me, will ya :)

Back
Top Bottom