Hola 2U!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wave:

How is everyone today?? Didn't miss much yesterday did I?

Oh today in the paper I found a contest to win U2 tix!!! Its one of those text messaging ones..an evil scheme for phone companies to make money:madspit: But Oh well....:shrug: I sent 4 messages, I have my fingers crossed!!!! :huh:

The trivia question they had was "what was the title of U2's latest album, How to Dismantle..."

a) My toaster oven b) Swedish "easy to assemble" furniture c) an atomic bomb

I found the swedish answer pretty amusing :laugh:

When are tix going on sale Brightest? Next week?

TTFN!:hug:

HI again :wave:

I have severely missed being on here, even though it's only 2 days! Even then it's only for an hour!! It's crazy the withdrawal symptoms you get!!!!!!! :help: :scream: I NEED my fix!!

The latest news is that i'm able to use friends' comp again and they have sent for a new one, but the faster system won't be in operation for 2 wks! At least i can write all the dirty stuff in privacy again!! :rockon: :shh: :giggle: :hyper:

Hey, Brightest - just saw the confirmation of TO!!!!

You know how you said you weren't ready? Will you be able to buy tix??? I sooo hope you can!!!!! Hey! Beg, borrow or steal!

You simply MUST see Bono! Oh, won't it be great when i can find out how close you got&what you thought of the concert in detail?!

:hyper:

It was Mothers' day here yesterday&got her a good few pressies, due to my friends' generosity with cash! Got her Aristocats DVD, Roses, a purse with a gorgeous cute cat pic!, 2 Irish coffee drinks,(you put them in the microwave!) a box of Maltesers(they're small round chocolates with honeycomb inside! Heard of them over here?) and a lovely big card!!!

We went to the pub too! Both my mum&me had steak pie&i had a pint of Stella with my dinner&then i had a pint of Guiness!!!!!

Oh all the Irishness, don't i love it!!!

that's all for noo&looks like i will actually be on for an hour or two later! Tata!!

Susan! We've missed you!! :hug:

lol I'm sure you have alot of naughty thoughts cooped up in your mind just screaming to be let out.

Your mother must be so happy with a daughter like you to pamper her!
Mmmmm...Maltesers...:drool: I love them!!! Although they come is such small packages here, it never fills your cravings!

Gah...I have so much homework:sad:....Why can't it just be Spring break now!!! I have a math midterm next week too....:huh:

Hey Brightest did you guys have to do exit interviews to graduate when you were in highschool?

Anyhoo hope to catch you guys later (if I don't drown in my stack of homework sigh...)

:wave:

That's Awesome!!!!! :applaud::applaud:

So how'd you convince them??
Did you use some of that Bono charm?? :wink:

Omg I'm so excited for you!!!! Now you can be in touching distance of the B-man!!! :hyper:

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

:dance: :dance:

:bow:

:hug:

OH MY GOD YES!!!!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY BRIGHTEST!

I CAN'T BEGIN TO DESCRIBE HOW EXCITED I AM!!!!!!!!!

GO GRAB BONO BABY YEEHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Girls!

Have you ever heard Dancing Barefoot....I dunno why...but that song is really growing on me.....must be Bmans voice :drool:

Oh yeah Mucca, I don't have any idea what these exit interviews of yours are...I don't think I had anythin like that.

So according to ticketmaster.com, the general sale for TO is on the 19....of course they choose the weekend when I have two *major* papers due, one on monday and the other wednesday *rolls eyes*

Ah well. The sale won't last long anyway :crazy: :crack:

:hug: TTFN

Last edited:
Hey! :wave:

Never heard that song before...didn't even know it existed until now...lol

Sigh...We have to get interviewed by people from the "real" world and pass the interview in order to graduate...:( Not fun....

lol well at least the sales are in the morning so it won't take up too much of your time. Do you plan on buy from ticketmaster.com or .ca? Some people had problems with .com last time I think.

Well better get working on your finger exercises cause you'll want them in top shape when ticket sale time comes! :wink:

Catch you girls later! :hug:

Hey! :hug:

I've been randomly dl some u2 songs...
Including this live version of 40...where omg..I love his accent...
"Come on and do it with me now...come on..sing it..this is forty"
:drool:

What? Do all school's in your area do that? Is it a joke? For people round here to graduate you just need passing marks, all your prerequistite classes, and 40 hrs community service..oh and the literacy test (dumbest thing ever).

I guess I should prob use .ca...since I am canadian lol

:hug:
TTFN

Yup. It's extremely dumb....we also have to write a personal reflection, 30hrs/80hrs of work experience. And if you do the 80hrs you have to do this huge portfolio on your employablitiy skills. It's absolutely horrible. I don't understand what is wrong with our school system, it's like they enjoy making gr.12 a living hell....:madspit:

Have you done a couple practise runs on ticketmaster just to get an idea of how it works and stuff?

lol I'm sure you'll figure it out before you even start doing your major assignments :wink:

You know, the funny thing is, our teacher's know it's insane and they tell us it's insane! Sadly my grade was stuck between the transition of a new CAPP program. We are the last gr.12's to have to go through the old system. Although I think I'd prefer the old one over whatever new thing they're imposing on those poor younger grades next year!

Actually highschool is getting worse and worse. Now gr. 10's have to write a socials studies and english provincial plus a math final. Back in my day we only had math to worry about! (boy I feel old :huh:)

lol, I don't think anything will be able to come between you and your tickets!

I never understood the whole gr.13 thing. Isn't it weird then when you go to university? Do you end up going into second year or something??
Why'd they take it out?

:yes:

But you know even with the 5 years I've had in highschool I still don't feel prepared for uni. I didn't find out what courses I needed for certain faculties in uni until last year. The counsellors at my school aren't doing a very good job on filling us in!

Well anyway I'm off, I'm actually going to practise my clarinet for once :wink:

Maybe I'll catch you later! :hug:

Hi there you mad girls! :wave:

You are going to be busy by the sounds of it! Bummer eh?

I am too, pretty much! I've got to send in my first assesement in a few days time&i think i will only just pass, if at all!It's got quite tough on this music course, but i'm determined not to quit! Remember when i mentioned the call centre work? Well i start the 3 month training for that next Monday, so i am going to be MEGA busy! How will i do it all? Work, study, COMP, housework.........AAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Wish me luck anyway&vice versa for you two!

48 hours 'til tix time is it Brightest? Nervous?? :uhoh:

you know Brightest, i keep meaning to tell you that i absolutely love your avator of B-man!!!!! :drool: I can never stop staring at it! What an animal he is!!!!!!!!!!

I dropped into the library for an hour, but i don't think i'll be on for that long later on, sadly :( Got so much to do& i so wish i could be here MUCH longer with all of you, believe me!!

TTFN! :hug: :hug:

Hey Susan! I see you're having as much fun as me and Brightest :wink:

You've put so much work into your music course! I'm sure you'll do fine!! :)

I hope you have strong will power cause this place his hella hard to keep away from! :wink: You could always skimp out on the housework, or replace everything with stuff that's disposable, that way you can just throw everything away once your done. No hassle!:wink:

Oooh I'm going to Tofino (beach on Vancouver island) for 4 days during Spring break!!!! I'm so excited!! It'll be nice to get away from everything and just relax! All I have to do is survive the next two weeks :huh: lol

Funny thing happened today in school. The door to my first class was locked this morning so my chem teacher came to open it. He noticed my ipod while opening the door and then he was like, "OMG IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS?"....he's a U2 fan as well. My math teacher came and then he's like "we'll talk U2 later."
So halfway through math my chem teacher walks into the classroom and takes a seat beside me, then with a really childish grin asked "Can I listen to it?" So then we had a whole discussion on ipods and stuff.

I seem to have become his U2 buddy, kind of creepy :huh:

Well TTFN:hug:

Hi Mucca! :wave:

that's nice of you to suggest that but the thing is that i've put it off for WAY too long!! It badly needs done, but yes it's incredibly hard to stay away! That's what i've been saying too! :mad: Work! :madspit:

Hope you have a good time on your trip! That sounds a lovely place, is it?
:wink:

I can do some catching up on the music course 'cos your allowed a crap mark on 1 assignment only, so it's head down from now on or else i'm afraid!! Yikes!:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom