Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 06:36 PM   #76
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Local Time: 04:42 PM
WOW
I've brought the chattiness out in you two, haven't I...*pats self on back*
ANYHOO time for some quick responses (I seem to have fallen behind - for shame!!)
Mucca- Over- protective parents are fun....
I can't wait for the obstacles i must overcome to see U2
1) Find someone to go with me
2) Convince parents that GA seats will *not* be a miosh pit full of alcohol and druggies and bad, bad men...
3) Convince parents to let me go to TO to stand in line forh hours to get near stage
4) Oh yeah..get tixs!
LOL - fun no?

Susan - I'm excited and they aren't even coming here yet! lol...and don't mind ur chattering, I do it too! And you most certainly are *not* boring me!
Ha, I guess I do notice a lot...I can't help it...apparently I'm a psychopath...
OMG I *so* want to be in touching/biting distant
Ha ha...what gals will do for bono..anything!!!
Susan you make me laugh! (You make me laugh too Mucca)

We're all crazies aren't we!! Ah well, we're crazy together, and that's all that matters.
BTW *any* concert advice at all will be greatly appreciated..cause I'm la "concert virgin" ...Anyhoo, I think thats more than enough....but have no fear...
I'll be back

Old 01-24-2005, 10:43 PM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:42 PM
I see your name less and less on the forum, What's happening Brightest??
My parents think I'm going to get trampled to death in the moshpit so I need to somehow convince them that I'll survive and walk out in one piece. If U2 does 2 concerts in Vancouver I want to go to both but my parents will probably think it will screw up the rest of my school somehow and make a big fuss about it. Yes Brightest, over-protective parent's are fun
I think I'll be having just as much fun as you!

I want to be in touching/grabbing/squeezing/biting distance too. But I've been hearing people talking about how bad GA can get, hopefully when I go people won't be animals (drunk, loud and obnoxious)

Old 01-25-2005, 11:04 AM   #78
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:42 PM
Brightest - Thanks for the compliments! It's very nice of you to say such things. Is it because of your parents that you'll need to find someone to go with you, 'cos otherwise it can be good going on your own. I've gone to some by myself. I can totally understand that if it's your - first time! - You would want to find someone to go with&because of your parents. As for getting crushed, you do have to be careful with some gigs. U2 fans normally seem to be quite considerate on the whole, i find at gigs. I think that you should just check out what everyone's doing, you know just try to find a spot, using your gut instinct. By looking out for who's around you&if you get the feeling of any loonies (unless they happen to be a harmless one like yourself!) that are near you, then you can always move! Does that make any sense? I suppose it's trying to put myself in the place of someone who is a concert virgin! The first one i went to was Duran Duran back in the 80's - giving away my age, i'm not that ancient, honestly! well, 36 actually ( still 8 yrs younger than Bono! ) so not too bad. People always say i look around 10 yrs younger which makes me feel good that's for sure! oops, got kind of off the point then, well anyway my first gig was really brilliant. No trouble at all, but it was quite a small venue so no huge crowds. I felt right at home going to concerts from the word go - Love 'em!

It sounds so Scottish that - anyhoo!

Mucca - have you got membership for U2.com&tried getting tickets? How did you get on if you did? I'm trying in the general sale on Friday&I hope i don't have any bother like all these people today

speak to ye crazies later!
Old 01-25-2005, 04:02 PM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Susan - 36 isn't old at all! Old is when you hit 50. I hear the back is much safer for GA but I want to be up close and personal! Hope no one drinks too much.

I didn't get the membership actually so I can't help you there sorry But I hear alot of people in Europe weren't able to connect and their codes wouldn't work.
I have to attempt the general sales too but I still have no clue when they're starting to sell them in Vancouver.

Best of luck to both of you!
Old 01-25-2005, 06:21 PM   #80
Blue Crack Supplier

I you guys..so fun to talk to!

Anyhoo, I doubt my rents will let me go to TO, let alone stand outside for hours alone if I don't have at least one friend..otherwise I think I'd be fine alone...well, I'm a lil nervous about GA, I'm not especially tall (well, actually, I guess I'm average..5'5), and don't weigh that much - I don't wanna get swept away!
I have found that most ppl say U2 fans tend to be considerate...and hey, maybe a group of PLEBAns could mass together..that would be safe..maybe?
Susan - your advice does make sense - and you are not old!
Mucca- I hvae no idea whats happening to me - I'm falling behind....actually, I've jus been a bit busy *gasp*...and have been trying to curb myself a bit. And I so wanna be bitten!

Anyhoo...You guys don't have u2.com memberships either? I was starting to think I was the only one!! Sounds like the presale was a lil sketchy...U2girl1978 wanted GA but I guess she ended up in a balcony.. All this excitement and I have to wait til at least Sept..ah well...I'll live vicariously throught you two crazies!
TTFN
Old 01-25-2005, 07:15 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I popped on to check up on how the sales went and WOW there are ALOT of complaints! I feel so sorry for those people who ended up in the nosebleed section. TM really made a mess of things didn't they! Did you guys see the petitions that they have going on here against U2.com and U2 themselves? Alot of people aren't very happy with our boys right now.

Now that I've read all those complaints it doesn't seem like the membership does that much in terms of getting good tickets. Hope TM doesn't fudge up the public sales, for all our sakes.

Brightest - I'm just barely 5"4 so I'll be fighting for my life to not get swept away but the wave! Maybe I can grab on to Bono's leg so I can stay anchored! I sure he wouldn't mind!
I forced my friend into going with me, he had no choice and lucky for me I was able to meld his mind. He now likes U2 as well and has become a fan of Bono.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:08 PM   #82
Blue Crack Supplier

I've been trying to avoid..it only makes me worry...and I sense a lot of anger emenating from there...
I really don't know why it is so mucked up...and I really don't know who's to blame. And since I didn't have to expereince it today, I guess I don't have much to say.

As for the 'wave'
You grab one leg, and I'll grab the other! And of course he won't mind...
Ha ha..you converted him! I'm slowly workin on one of my friends, she's somewhat neutral at the moment...my other friend...he may be beyond help...
I think it would be awesome to meet a bunch of PLEBAns at a show...have like front row by the stage reserved for PLEBA...think we could pull it off?
Old 01-25-2005, 10:12 PM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

You're a War Child now!!! Congrats Still working on becoming an acrobat.

Tomorrow I plan to get ATYCLB. I just got really really obsessed with Walk On (I know I'm a little late with the album but I'm working on it! )

I tried introducing U2 into another friend of mine and she just wouldn't accept them. She totally didn't like Vertigo and neither did her brother. They say it's too repetitive...that I don't think I'll ever understand. I can't say that her taste in music is the greatest considering she likes Linkin Park (no offense to those that do) but I find their music much more repetitive.

It'd be awesome to have a bunch of PLEBAns at a show! Pulling it off would be kind of hard though considering we're all so spread apart but definitely would be could to try out! At least we'd know we'd be surrounded by equally crazy fans that respect personal space
Old 01-26-2005, 03:58 PM   #84
Blue Crack Supplier

You'll make acrobat yet!

CDs- Over the last few months I've been stocking up...you see, back in the day I only had the 'best of 90-00' CD and then I got the 'best of 80s-90s'...and *then* vertigo came out..and I died until I could have 'HTDAAB', and then HMV had a sale and I got 'JT' for 5.99, and then the other day I bought 'Achtung Baby'. So U2 makes up a pretty good precentage of my CD collection right now....(you see I'm weird, I own very few CDs )
I don't know why some of my pals ain't into U2, ithey just suck . *pout* (I kid, I kid). ctually, one of my cousins (who's really into music) told me the same thing about repetitveness..I'm like "It's a freaking *chorus*! Of course it repeats...*duh*" lol....
That would be an awesome show..and ya, we would respect eachother and stuff..now they boys...*they* might not be safe
Old 01-26-2005, 06:25 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

CD's - You're not weird for owning few CD's cause I'm like that too. I stopped buying CD's a looong time ago cause it just wasn't worth it. I always buy and CD and end up only liking 2 or 3 of the songs. Plus they're so expensive these days (spent $22 on ATYCLB ) The last couple years I've just been burning stuff, it's cheap and it guarentees that I'll actually listen to it!
You know if it wasn't for my friend that I converted for taking me to A&B Sound I wouldn't have bought HTDAAB and I wouldn't have become the U2 freak that I am today. Isn't that crazy how one single act can turn someone into a crazy obsessive U2 freak?!?! Who would've thought huh! Well I am forever greatful to my friend

After I got HTAAB I kept talking about U2 to my parents and for Xmas they got me the 2 best of...CDs and then a couple months after that I got JT and Achtung Baby And now they are all I listen to.

Repetitiveness - LOL apparently U2 can't have choruses but everyone else can but it's not consider repetitive when that happens.

If a bunch of us PLEBAns girls were at one of their shows they'd probably need a fence to keep all of us off them! And even then it might not even be enough to keep us of our boys!
Old 01-26-2005, 07:18 PM   #86
Blue Crack Supplier

CDs- That what I always found too - I would buy a CD and only like a few songs, and then I started previewing CDS (read dl songs first), and never liked enough of them, so I just burned my own CDs - it really is cheaper. But I find that U2 CD's are certainly worth it!!!
Hmmm...I'm trying to think how I got converted...I think it all traces back to an art project and the song beautiful day......
What's A&B Sound? A store?
It's true tho, eh? A little thing, and then you're hooked. I guess thats why U2 is the "worldest greatest band" ...
You're right...poor Bono (and the others) wouldn't stand a chance against us PLEBAns..
Hey Bono! Come here! I'll protect you from those crazies!

Btw...where'd susan go?
Old 01-27-2005, 09:52 AM   #87
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:42 PM
AHA - Here i am! I've had some personal stuff to deal with, mostly boring mundane crap but i did go& see one of the films nominated in the Oscars, called Sideways. It was very funny in parts Great!

I did have a look at PLEBA yesterday but the thing is, that after reading all of these negative comments about U2, i was kind of 'numb' and in shock. I mean 'U2 are bastards', and 'I hate them now&will never listen to them or go&see them again'
I got really upset& i couldn't quite put my thoughts togethar about it but i'm beginning to think more clearly now&it bugs me, it really does. I think it's really over the top&i'm sure that the two of you agree with me! It's a sad week for U2 What are these people on? I agree that the ticket sale has been a shambles&that it's maybe a wee bit too expensive for some of the tickets but everything that's been said is too strong. In fact i was actually thinking, i hope some fans who are saying all of this back down on it&realise that they were just temporarily mad!
Old 01-27-2005, 12:55 PM   #88
Blue Crack Supplier

Awww
It'll be alright Susan...just stick with PLEBA - Cause (I know, I keep sayin it..but it amuses me...)
PLEBA is for lovers...

Ya, I can seriously feel anger and venom ementating from my computer, and it's starting to reach the news too
I'm sure a lot of them will calm down in time, they're just frustrated and upset...Give it time, and stick with us for now!

I'll be back, I have to go hand in a paper!
TTFN!

PS. Glad to see you haven't disappeared into an Abyss or void or somethin Susan!
Old 01-27-2005, 05:18 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Good to see you again Susan! We missed you!

Alot of people are still venting about it but I'm sure they'll get over it. When I first read those comments I was pretty shocked too....Everyone here seemed to love U2 so much...
Tickets are kind of expensive but they put so much into their shows so it's gotta be worth it!

I haven't watched any Oscar nominated movies yet...I really wanted to watch Finding Neverland...guess I'll have to rent it.

Old 01-27-2005, 08:21 PM   #90
Blue Crack Supplier

Finding Neverland was good, I really liked it. (It also gave me an excuse to stare at Johnny Depp )
As for people ranting and sayin such extremem things...
People *will* bloody well move on...even if I have to make them! *tries to look intimidating* (Sorry, I'm jus sick of such anger, PLEBA is one of the *only* safe havens)

I'm so excited! I just bought the Boston DVD...
If I really wanted to stir the pot I'd go to one of the angry forums and say I paid 40$ bucks and got the best bloody seats in the house...(they don't need to know I mean my couch...)

I'll see y'all later! I've got some serious drooling to do! *runs off to watch DVD*
TTFN

( I U2 )