Hola!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooooh I want to get the Boston DVD...I think I saw it selling for $44 at HMV so I was kind of turned off from buying it....:madspit:
Why' is it so expensive?? For sure I'm going to buy the DVD for the Vertigo tour!

You know today I started to really obssess about getting the U2 ipod. And I started plotting on how I was going to get it. But now I look at it and it's not really that worth it. I still really want it but when it costs $500+ including tax it's really really expensive.

By the way what does TTFN stand for? I'm sure I'll be knocking my head against the wall after I find out.
:banghead:
:hug:

Actually, I was meandering in HMV and found an open and kinda used looking Boston DVD and I thought for sure I'd get a discount! So I went and bugged them..and they were like, we'll give you 10%..and then i was *really* mad...So I left.
And then I was telling my mom, and she went and bought it (a new one)! :hug: :hyper:
Stupid HMV *grumble* And I think it's exspensive cause it's got a bunch of extras and stuff...sadly U2 stuff is expensive *sigh*
However, I have *really* enjoyed watching it...:drool::combust:

I've looked at Ipods..but I;m not sure they're worth the money...but the U2 one *is* pretty nifty :)

Lol! I say such obsucure things...like I *actually* say "nifty" :shrug:
However TTFN - you ain't a Disney kid eh? As Tigger always says:
"Ta Ta for now!"

(I have no idea why the sites being slow :shrug: )

Last edited:
Your mom is so awesome!! If I were to tell my mom about that she would've been like "Why would you waste your money on that? You'd only watch it once and after that it'll just sit there and collect dust...blah blah blah".
But you know HMV has always had prices that were higher than any other place. I should go check out Futureshop or something see if they have it cheaper. You know watching all this video clips of U2 performing just makes me want to go to the concert even more. And if I don't go I think I'd be even more crushed than ever!

The U2 one only adds in a poster and $50 discount for some box set and already its like $70 more expensive. Although it is pretty cool how their signatures are on it. I think that's the main reason why I want it so much. My consumer smarts is telling me it's a rip when it comes down to it but my fan side is telling me it's totally worth it. Sigh.....I think I'm going to rip myself apart thinking about it.:slant:

Nifty is a fun word. It sounds better than "fiddle-sticks" (I don't say that by the way, and you probably won't believe me and now you probably think I'm a geek:huh: )

You know I've never really been into Winnie the Pooh. I hever really liked Pooh, but Tigger has always been my fav. character in it. :wink:

Well TTFN :D

*sigh*
I had a big long reply and it got deleted!!
GAH! :mad:

ANYHOO
Let's see....(summarise maybe?)

:lmao: I couldn't resist when I saw ur name on the board..I had to say it...

HMV is a rip off, generally, but Future shop is out of the way, so I don't go there oftn. Am very happy with DVD, plan to use often to make worth moola spent.

Mom *very* nice.

I've looked at Ipods, but decided it's easier and cheaper to burn...

:laugh: Fiddle-sticks is hilarious! (no ur not a nerd..but I bet u use it sometimes :p)

I'm quite the Disney gal. Tigger and eeyore are my favs.

Anyhoo...sorry for the Cole's note's version. I wasn't in the mood to type again!
TTFN
(Until I *see* you......:mac: :wink: )

Too bad your long message got deleted. It's just wrong for you to have such a short message after all you are the chatty one!:)

I should ask my friends to buy me the DVD for my b-day. At least I'll know that my present won't be something that I won't like!

I haven't burnt a new CD in awhile but I like to put songs in my mp3 since it's soo much smaller than my extremely chunky and old panasonic Shockwave CD player.

Wonder if anyone says "shucks" anymore, that used to be pretty popular and "gosh-darnet" Any other amusing old sayings?

You know I actually cried in Lion King. But the strange thing is I cried the second time and not the first time. And I'm not a cryer either:eyebrow:

Well see you later! :hug:

Notice we keep losing Susan? (we're not cool enough for her anymore :p )

Anyhoo
I was quite upset about the deltion of my last messge, I'm quite sure there were witty and amusing things that have now disappeared into the remorsless void of the net. (I can be alittle dramatic)

Anyhoo, I asked for HTDAAB for xmas (omg, it killed me to not just buy it, ever time I was in the mall, I went to hmv to listen)..Anyhoo, I got the spiffy *special* edition thing, which I actually found rather nifty. Like in the lil book they have hand prints of he boys..and I was comparin my hand to Bonos (I feel so dumb saying that...but it was amusing at the time) And Bono really needs to improve his penmenship. But what defineatly made the special addition woth it was this one scene on the Dvd, where Edge plays...wait for it...the *banjo*...you here me? A BANJO :lmao: ...and he's not jus fooling around..He, the banjo, and Bono do a crazy little version of...VERTIGO! I'm sorry, but it's too much..I don't know why..it just amuses me so. :p

I highly recommend asking for exspensive U2 things as gifts, I think thats what I'll do for my Bday (in August), say all want are awesome U2 tix!!!

Hmmm...I like my discman...it's my buddy. I haven't burned any CDs in a bit tho - U2 has been supplyin me well enough.

Mickey mouse says shucks...I've said Gee whiz once or twice..lol
I :heart: disney, it jus makes me happy. I grew up with it, and I've been to Walt Disney world a couple of times. I'm a big kid at heart..so I love it.

Anyhoo...wow....I *am* chatty, lol..and if this deletes I'll cry...I'm trying to fill my chatty quota!
TTFN :hug:

(ha - this time I'm taking precautions!)

Last edited:
Maybe Susan doesn't pop by anymore cause she found out you're a crazy chatty stalker!! :wink:

Had I known there was a spiffy book that came with the special edition I would've gotten it, but I didn't so I'm stuck with the plain ol' CD. But I still got the DVD with it which is cool. Yea, at first the banjo thing was kind of funny but then I find it pretty cool now. I actually really like that version. Plus Bono's little dance moves are very amusing! :dance::dance::dance:
And my favorite part is the end where Bono and Edge do that little finger/hand shake thing, it's so cute.:D

What do you think? U2 DVD's or all the other albums that I don't have?? or a mini ipod so I can shove all my U2 songs in it and carry them with me everywhere?!?...My all this talk about presents is getting me very pumped up for my bday (Feb.18 :D)

Gee whiz...nice one.
I use to love peter pan and 101 dalmations sooo much. I would watch either one at least once a week. Never really liked Sleeping Beauty though..the evil witch always freaked me out as a kid. Have you ever watched Disney's House of Mouse???

PS: I know I'm a very cool person, but please stop stalking me!:laugh:

*Gasp*
Who told my secret?!? :shifty:

There are so many cute things on that DVD - I'm so glad I've got it! Hee Hee - it's like a secret handshake..on the caption board someone made a crack about that (something about this never leaves the room..)

Hmmm....such choice....I vote getting at least one DVD...cause you can always DL songs..as for the ipod... as nifty and spiffy as it is..it's still alot more moola then it's prob worth....
But thats just the opinion of a crazy stalker..:shrug: :wink:

Ha Ha! House Of Mouse - when I spotted that on tv, it amused me so...it's a guilty pleasure when I catch it on weekends. Hmm...fav movies..I used (and still do )to love 101 dalmations, lady & the tramp, Aladdin (mostly b/c of Genie...he's the coolest lol)...*sigh* I'm such a disney freak.

Anyhoo...I'm prob goin to bed...

PS, one day we should really jus add eachother to MSN..but for now this is waymore fun....
PPS. You know, it's even more stalkerish and freaky cause I can see you, but you can't see me...maybe oneday I'll change my setting so I'm no longer invisible :hmm:

LOL

DVD - I love the part where Bono talks about songs and smells, it's the funniest analogy ever. Does Adam have braces or am I just seeing things?

Since the opinion of the crazy stalker matters to me then the DVD it is! You know ever since I got obsessed with U2 I haven't d/l any songs and with them I want to actually own their albums. For once I'm following the law LOL.:wink:

House of Mouse is sooo cool. Sadly I can't catch it on TV usually since it's on at 12:00 and I'm still stuck in school...I really want to see the House of Mouse movie where all the villains take over. I actually went to see Aladdin on Ice. That was fun. Their finale had like 50 Genie's skating around, it was the coolest thing. (Geez, I really need to widen my vocab...What can replace cool?)

All those lucky americans get their tix tomorrow!!!

TTFN:hug:

PS: MSN would be fun although I tend to slack on typing long messages :uhoh:

PPS: Glad to know you won't be spying on me without me knowing anymore :D

Hey cool cats - fear not for i'm back!!! I'm not deserting ya, just got lots to do, believe me if i was able to, i'd be on here all night but it's just y'know having to everyday, normal mundane tasks&it
does my head in
:madspit:
I'm pleased to know that you both have missed me aww :hug:

Anyway want to know the fantastic news?

I GOT TICKETS WHOOHOO!!!! :dance: :dance: ROCKIN' MAN!!

I am so over the moon, but the bad part is I'm way at the othere end of the stadium(unless, like some here have suggested, the stage might be in the round, YES PLEASE!) but, hey I'm damn lucky to be there at all&I can't exactly complain when i have been within 'feeling distance' of Bono after all! Yes, i know don't go on&on Susan i hear you cry! No need to rub it in! Yes, i know how MEGA lucky i actually am! But seriously, I really appreciate the fact that i'm able to be there at all, especially after reading that the Internet received 3 MILLION hits for just one show!

I am hoping for a 2nd night to be added so that i can hopefully get to be in the GA area and be on the receiving end of a spontaneous dracula Bono attack!! Oh, if only,: one can dream.........

I love Tigger too, but come on Mucca how can you not love Pooh!

The banjo part of the DVD is hilarious, i love it. I am always laughing my hed off at daft things so as you can tell i tend not to act my age (It's great!)

Mucca - when will you be able to get tickets for the vancouver show? I did think it was the same day as US, but i must have been wrong! Fingers crossed&good luck 'cos it sounds as if you'll need it! Be back soon, looking forward to the next crazy reply, I'm becoming pretty tired here& I'll try&give a bit more info on getting the tickets later! :wink:

I've just noticed the insane systamatic way in which we reply to each others respones..it's crazy! We label, and often respond in separate co-ordinated paragraphs....I take notice in such strange things...

Oh yeah...Welcome back to the crack Susan! (mundane tasks are boring!)

Dvd - I'm gonna have to watch that one again (I'll keep an eye out for the "braces" :eyebrow: ) And the DVD amuses me so much...OH...btw, I have to find the site again, but apparently it's got one of those "eastereggs" , you know, hidden extra footage...I will strive to locate and inform!
And I want to watch the banjo part again...:wink:

Glad you find worth in my advice, but maybe a serious look should be taken into what it means when you actually value the opinion of a crazy stalker person? Does that make you crazier? :wink:

I haven't been to disney on Ice in years, but I've got good memories. And I haven't caught HouseofMouse in awhile either, but I still love it. Yay Disney!

Hmm...besides cool? There's *ahem* awesome, hot, tubular, rockin, funky, neato, nifty, umm....and more... :p

Susan - Congrats on getting tix, you can spill all you want here, I promise not to hate you...much :wink::hug:
3 million hits? Holy freakin crap! And somewhere I heard u2.com has over 90 thousand members??? That's insane!
Actually, about the happy to be there part, leads me right up to something I've been thinking about. You see my dad has a friend who owns a box at the ACC (in Toronto), which means I can probably get into it "free", however, it is a *box* ...so I was thinkin if my rents don't want me in GA, or if I can't get tixs, or whatever, it might be a good last resort...afterall, it's better to at least be there (watching U2 as ants..) then to not be there at all..right???
Congrats again on the tix...BONO DRACULA ATTACK :lmao: That's too much!
Which reminds me, watchin the Boston dvd is giving me some sense of what GA is like..a lil like swarming sardines, but not too rowdy (except for the odd beer raised in..toast? :eyebrow: )
Anyhoo...I think I've written a nice book now...
Until next time, same blue crack channel, same blue crack time....

Brightest - hey, i was beginning to think you were going to be watching the Boston dvd for the next week or something, since i noticed that you said you may not be on for a while! - It is THAT good! I've stayed up 'til 4. 05 a.m here 'cos i've been desperate to catch up on all the goings on, especially to read of peoples' stories of trying for tix. Some v happy, some not. At least a lot of people seem to be getting things in perspective to a certain extent....

Well, I am mega tired(although not as bad as yest. after waiting in queue!)&need to get to bed now, but will be back with story on queue experience!

p.s - I think your spot on there about how it is to be in GA!

:wink:

Hey welcome back Susan!! Congrats on the tickets!
Vancouver sales are still TBA :( Getting really nervous about it now. I've been reading too many stories about people not getting tix. Plus Vancouver is the only show in Canada so far and people from Seattle and Alberta are going to come too:huh:
It's 4:15am and I'm at a friends house....my eyes are drying up :huh:
Post more later today when I've slept :wink:
I guess it would be good morning to you guys!

Brightest - Hey, i like that: NiteNite! I'm up the next day though reading it, cool anyway! :wink: I wasn't quite sure what you meant about how we send replies to each other :confused:

Yep, that concert is great eh? I think that is such an amazing version of The fly - brilliant the way it sounds like a different song, then......whoosh! Don't ya just love the way Bono runs around the stage like crazy? And then OOHH GOD, when he grabs hold of that girls' hand.......:ohmy: and the bite! It's just mental the way he jumps on top of the crowd, it worries me just a tad; could be quite dangerous! There was a story i read on Intereference where some guy actually tried to punch Bono and that on bootlegs of the show, you could hear some commotion happening with Bono trying to shake this nutter off.....ARG! Bad eh? :(

Yeah, i've been hearing all about the Bono moans thing. It's from the melpop video, isn't it? Thing is, I've been using my friends' computer but....no speakers :shrug: I do go to the library from time to time&go on the net but, well you know it's something you would want to listen to in private eh?! I can well imagine what it's like though. Have you heard their version of Pop Muzik? He sounds, um...very excited shall we say!:eeklaugh: He does those sorts of sounds on Hold me, Thrill me, Kiss me, Kill me too! Have both of you heard those? I have seen that melpop vi, though OH GOD that is too much to bare, isn't it? Oh to be that lucky! I read here full story. Mel had a separate website you were able to link to and read the details! She writes it very well&all the build up to him pulling her up ...it's so tantalizing!! She has a rose and she taps the back of his leg with it, getting his attention&wow does she get it or what! I mean kissing his neck!!! OH golly, the very thought!! :drool:

Wow, Mucca - your up late too huh? I also got up late too! 4 in the afternoon! Terrible eh! I had plans to go out today. I was booked up on an introductory hill-walk to get myself out and about&got a note in the post from the organisers cancelling it...bummer :( All psyched up&nowhere to go! It's a bit crap that they've yet to announce the Vancouver gig, bah!I really feel bad for all those missing out. That's one thing I've had luck with, all things U2! This will be my 4th time seeing them!

Hope you're both back on soon. I wish i was a faster typer, I think I'm only about 22 words a minute!

Hey, both of you!: Here's a thing i wanted to mention but i was getting tired at the time&getting my message deleted...Grrr, but speaking of Tigger, there was a thread once on PLEBA, when someone put a cool question: Which Winnie the Pooh character would you compare the members of U2 to? That is a good 'un. So, i was thinking, what do you think they'd be?

My comments on our reply's are just random...don't worry yourself over that, I ramble a lot sometimes (haven't you noticed?)

At one point in the DVD I swear he jumps right into the crowd, and disappears...how did he *not* get mobbed? Honestly! I think I would die if all of a sudden he was right there...That girl is so darn lucky!!!

I've heard of the melpop roll, sadly, I've never seen the vid or pics..But I want to..even if it wll make me insanely jealous.

The Moans are great....ummm....well, they give me bad thoughts...but that's just the horomones :laugh: And yes :yes:, I don't recommend listening in public! lol He's such a sensual person, and he *so* knows he's sx on legs, he moans and stuff like that just to torture us.....:wink:

I got up at noon, and I'm *still* incoherent :shrug: ....

Hmmm...thats a good Q Susan...hmmmm :hmm:
Let's see....
Randomly off the top of my head....
Bono - Tigger
Larry - Rabbit
Edge - Christopher robin? hmm..maybe not...
Adam - eeyore

I dunno, I think that requires more thought lol....

well, TTFN

BTW
thx to starsgoblue, I just dl two songs, of Bono and the Corrs
"Summer Wine"
and "When the Stars go blue"
Great songs, he and the female lead singer (name???) really compliment eachother nicely......
I especially like the summer wine one..I don't know why...
Toodles! :wave:

BTW - I see you susan :shifty: :ohmy:
(I'd hate for Mucca to be the only one I've scared..I'm equal opertunity..:p)

Last edited:
Brightest - The singer is Andrea Corr. She's another lucky thing! There was some VH1 show, or something like that&she was on stage singing that song, i think&she was dancing with him: hand in hand; arm in arm Grrr... i saw the pics on PLEBA!
:mad: LUCKY LUCKY!!! I haven't heard that song, another disadvantage of not having speakers! Must get some when have some more cash.....hopefully soon! Speaking of all things Andrea&Bono... there were rumours going around of those two having an affair 'cos Bono was seen having dinner with her and apparently flirting like crazy..... but then what woman doesn't Bono flirt with? He does it with 'em all, me included! :flirt:

Yep, our Bono is a class A MEGA flirt, alright eh eh! Yes, you are SO right, he knows that he's SUPER hot! There's been tons of threads on PLEBA about that very subject; Bono knowing he's feckin' sexy n all! Hey you should read the melpop tale! It shouldn't take long for you to find the story on Band meetings.....

Have you heard that version of Pop Muzik?

TTFN :D

She is lucky..Stargb had vid of it on PLEBA one day...:combust:
I'm jealous of so many people!
Bono *is* a class A flirt and a charmer....He could convince *me* to do *anything* anyday..:wink:
And I will have to look for this Pop Muzik thing...
TTFN :wave:
(OMG BITING PICS ON PLEBA :combust: ..my god I :heart: the boston dvd )

Yes, aren't the biting pics on PLEBA totally :drool: :drool:

You just try to imagine that is YOUR hand so bad don't ya? YESSS

Time to wonder where Mucca is? It's crazy man, to keep wondering where everyone has gone to? der, such addicts we are eh! Like, we don't have lives!! Only PLEBA lives now....don't let it get away! Pop Muzik is on the b-side of the single of Last night on earth, by the way. I wish you could hear it, love to know what you think. You'd really be quite 'excited' over it as with everything to do with that man! He's really sexy as hell on it, OH YES!! :drool: One of the PLEBA girls might be able to send it to you, somehow?

Wow I didn't go on for a day and I'm already so behind! I couldn't come on and post too much yesterday cause my friend's comp is loaded with viruses and spyware...it took forever just to load this page without having it crash on me! Goodness it's hard to spend a day not being able to come on to here!
I went out early with my parents to look for a new couch and I'm so deprived of sleep.:crazy: I didn't get to sleep in for the whole weekend.:(

I really need to get my hands on that Boston DVD! I crave!!!!!

You know I looked at the Bono moan thread and I still haven't gotten the guts to actually go and listen to it. I wonder if I'll be disturbed or turned on....hmmmm......anyways! Well I gotta do it when my parents aren't around which is kind of hard since they don't go out too often.:huh: Imagine what they would think if they heard it! Wouldn't that be embarassing....

I saw the vid for "When the Stars go Blue", I really liked it and ughhh I wish it was me dancing with Bono instead of Andrea!!!
Did you guys see the vid of I think it was Ave Maria? OMG Bono singing in Italian!!! HOTNESS!!!

Bono's flirting isn't an issue as long as we get the priviledge of experiencing it too!:wink:

I need to go read Melpops lovely experience, although she'd just become another person that I'd be EXTREMELY jealous of! She even got to kiss his neck eh? That lucky lucky girl......

I broke my g-string the other day (my guitar string by the way
:wink: ) and I couldn't play any U2 songs for a day. No blue crack and no guitar for a WHOLE day!!! Torture!!! Well I'm off to restring my guitar.
See you crack addicts later! :D

Last edited:
It's so awkward (gah, can't spell that word for some odd reason, is that right?? looks weird to me) when I go to the guitar shops and ask "Can I get some G-strings please?" especially when it's a guy working behind the counter!:reject:

Hey Brightest you should put your imagination to good use and write some fan fics! Although they'd probably all contain X-rated content but I'm sure most of us PLEBA girls won't mind! :wink:

Lectures - I can sympathize...midway through bio class Edge pops into my head...luckily we're not learning about the reproductive system....YET! LOL:wink:

"It's so awkward (gah, can't spell that word for some odd reason, is that right?? looks weird to me) when I go to the guitar shops and ask "Can I get some G-strings please?" especially when it's a guy working behind the counter! "
I don't mean to laugh at your pain or anythin but..:lmao:

Fan fic....*blushes* I *have* wrriten a fanfic or two in my day (not U2 related tho...) SHHH...it's a secret!! :shifty:
lol You know how they say "dream out loud" well, that me and my vivid imagination..I jus try and be loud in a quiet way...
I've played so many lil stories in my head, I should really write one down....lol..X-rated! :lmao: How'd you guess? Aw cmon, I'm not *that* bad...

I remember spacing out in class one day, and envisioning Bono being there...and he was in leather (if I wasn't distracted before I was then)..and then...ha ha..I must've been *really* bored, b/c he turned around and was like does my arse look ok in these pants? :lmao: I almost cracked up in the middle of class...
Ok..that was embarrassing to say..:reject:...see why I don't write fanfic? I'd never be able to put it out there for the world to see...:p

Ok, I think I've embarrassed myself enough, and looked like enough of a freak...

*snicker*
"Lectures - I can sympathize...midway through bio class Edge pops into my head...luckily we're not learning about the reproductive system....YET! LOL"

I hope i don't sound like a total eejit here, but i've been wondering for a while, does LOL stand for laugh out loud? :huh:

Good that your back Mucca! What do you reckon to the Pooh characters question? Yeah, that is funny, asking for G-strings!
You play guitar then eh? Ah yes, my fav instrument! Doesn't Edgy baby play it so well? What would you both say is your fav Edge guitar riff? I reckon either The fly, bullet the blue sky or 'til end of the world(ah the magnificent bullfight eh! luv :drool: ) It's a hard choice!

Brightest, girl - you are out of your mind imagining you see Bono before you in class - uh, oh: That's very naughty! What are you like, honestly! She's a complete nutter, ain't she Mucca? :yes: :laugh: All the same, my mind tends to wander to Bono in leather trousers too! When i saw him up close at the Zoo TV concert wearing those shiny leather trousers....OH MY :drool:

That sight certainly made my year, i can tell you! :combust:

I really love those fanfic stories meself actually, oh yes! Some of that stuff is quite near the knuckle. That Bono in my drawers one is ace! The bit when he starts licking the choc off her fingers, well that is just....too much!

Yes, it means laugh out loud! :)

Aww...everyone thinks I'm a few cards short of a full deck...*pout*
Really though, I'm an only child, I grew up having to find ways to amuse myself...and if you had to sit through some of my high school classes, or some of my university lectures..well, self amusmant is a must....(as is passing notes!!)
My gosh..reading all this, *no one* would beleive I'm actually a good student, eh?

MMmmm.....shiny bono leather trousers..:drool:

OMG all the fanfics are so good....I've made it my duty to routinely bug them to update though...I'm addicted to some of those stories, I keep wanting more! :laugh:
Bono licking chocolate...:combust:

Back to my nuttiness...I'm not weird, I'm eccentric (minus the money)..or possibly quirky....
Remember folks
"Normal people are freaks!" - a pal o mine

(The more I talk, the nuttier I seem...*sigh*....ah well.....:shrug: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom