Hola!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Brightest, Mucca&Mullen - Is this becoming, like an orgy or something???!!!
:eeklaugh: :eeklaugh:

You all seem to have been VERY subdued&quiet today!!
You all been busy??

I've been drinking!!! OOHHH!! Red wine, no less.........YOWZA!!!!

:drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Yep, let it all hang out baby!! Sorry, if i let go a little here!!!

Ah what the hell eh!! You only live once&all that stuff!!! :huh:

Hey, Brightest - I was watching RED ROCKS early this morning&let me tell ya - Bono is SMOKIN' HOT on that show - OH YEAH, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :drool:

Talking of rocks, you get your rocks off watching Bono on that!!!

Have you seen that, any of you? If not, i hope you do get to see it as soon as poss!! :yes:

Hello everyone!

I've been busy watching my new U2 best of 1990-2000 DVD!! The little dance they do at the end of discoteque just cracks me up!!!:lmao: My DVD player won't play the documentaries for some weird reason so I had to watch it on my dinky little computer screen :madspit:

I was watching Ray yesterday with a bunch of friends. A very good movie!!! Any of you guys watch it yet??

Susan - lol how much did you have to drink?? You sound super duper cheerful! It's so fun finding out what kind of drunks people are....there's just so many....the crying drunks, the extremely jolly drunks, the crazy laughing drunks...etc....:wink:

What is red rocks exactly????

Hey, what do you mean, JUST a U2 concert!!! :wink:

Only one of the best, let me tell ya Mucca! Hey, have you got a lot to find out about U2, you two!!!!!!HAHAHA!!! :laugh:

'Twas a FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC concert live from Denver, Colorado, when U2 were still growing in popularity!!! Ah, yes.....them were the days, i tell ya!! Word of U2 was growing! :yes:

It is quite simply, an electrifying performance from Bono!!

I have made mention of it in a thread on PLEBA, incase your interested, Mucca! I think it's on the thread about Bonos' smile!
that's 'cos he has this adorable smile on that show!

I've had half a bottle of red wine! Not that much, really!!

Haven't you had a drink before then, Mucca??
And you, Brightest?? What is your tipple, if any?(mind you, i should know, from reading the Octagon, shouldn't i?!:drunk: )

Hope you're all back soon, somewhere! :rockon:

LOL I do have much to discover and much to invest in. Well I guess I'd better save up! :D

I've had a drink before but I'm not too fond of the taste. Although I really want to try Baileys :drool:
My family isn't known for alcohol tolerance:madspit: A glass of champaign will get me cherry red...quite sad really...:(

I'm really getting into coffee now...mmmm starbucks....I hate the fact that it'll stain my teeth though!!

I was watching that best of DVD again :wink: and I noticed that in one of the documentaries..I think it was for Electrical Strom, Bono's accent gets heavier and then it disappears again...what's up with that?? :confused:

Hey Everyone!!!
:dance:
It's monday and I don't have school! WOOOOO!
*please excuse extreme giddiness*
lol

Anyhoo, I've never seen the best of DVD, but as for his accent, I think it's been noticed before that it sometimes comes and goes..I really don't know why...all I know is that I once commented that I bet when he's drunk it's pretty thick (and that being the good science student that I am, I should test this hypothesis :wink: )

Anyhoo, Susan, I've never really had much to drink (lol - then what am I doing in the octagon?). :shh: I'm actually underage....but once or twice I've been *allowed* to have a bit (my fams pretty strict on the alcohol business - ah the life of an only child...). So my alcohol evaluation skills are limited...I do enjoy bubbly for New Years tho :p

Anyhoo, what else is goin on...:hmm:
Oh, my local radio station is doing a contest where I could automatically win all of U2's cds and be enetered in a draw to win a trip to San Diego for their opening night!!! :hyper:
(So now I listen religiously so I can call in at the right time...)

Did I mention no school? :wink: :dance:

Errr.. can't think of what else to chat about right now..but I'm sure I'll be back...so, hope everyone's been having a marvelous monday.

TTFN you crazies! :hug:

Just got time for a quick word!!

I was back at the vets with my mum&friend&they said it could be quite risky to take an x-ray, but we said that we think that Sweep may just appear a little breathless, due to the stress of seeing the vet! She is quite a timid cat, and so he sounded as if he was quite happy that normally, she doesn't really get breathless! We go back in 2 months' time, so everything sems fine for the mo'! :wink:

Do you guys have the same underage law as the US? Is it 21, the same as them? 'cos in this country it's 18, so you would have been allowed, Mucca! You spelt Champagne wrong, by the way!!

That's the correct version!! I've had it myself quite a few times&i totally love it!! It's so gorgeous&makes me very giggly!! (Share it with me, Bono!!) :drool:

Well, that's all for now folks as i'm off out to have a chinese takeaway, yum: Singapore chow mein!!

See you all later!! :wave: :hug:

I should also say hello. This looks like a great forum.

I'm new here but not to u2. I home taped the War album in summer of 1983 and as I started listening to it daily during my first year at the University of Florida (hence my screen name) it dawned on me that I had never heard anything like this before. Musically and lyrically, this band, this album, was everything I had been looking for (pardon the pun.)

I am probably unique among U2 fans in that War is my favorite U2 album. Indeed IMHO, it's their best album.

To record that masterpiece, to be that bold in the early 80s, while still so young, with only the smallest amount of commericial success behind them, is just....wow, I don't know, astounding and incredible. I had not seen anything like it. I still haven't.

Everyone jumped on the U2 bandwagon with Joshua Tree 4 years later . But I'll never forget discovering this Irish band in 83 when most people either never heard of them or were dismissive. At that time U2 became personal to me, like my own sweet little secret.

That's it for the introduction. I'll try to not be so long winded next time.

Hi all (as it is now!) :wave:

Yeah, alcohol Brightest! Well, Bono sure does seem to need it!!

Our secret lair doesn't seem to be so secret :shh: :yikes: !!

Well, really enjoyed my takeaway plus Stella!! :drunk:

May i ask out of curiosity what you all had to eat today for lunch/dinner/tea???

By the way, Mucca, I'm not a coffee person myself! I'm into tea, so i'm not really a Starbucks person, although i do like a cappucinno&muffin! It's fairly expensive, though that's the thing!

I do hope to get a bit richer soon!..........rich enough to book a trip/U2 concert to Dublin!!!! :yes: :D

Sweep seems to be quite active&well, so that's a relief!!

See yous back soon, hopefully!

TTFN

:wink:

Wow it's been very busy in here compared to last week! I like! :up:

I think the drinking law for us is 19....and thanks for the spelling correction susan! :)

Brightest - I'm glad to hear you're having a great monday! You should test out that hypothesis if you have time to get away from the radio! By the way good luck! What do you have to do to win? Just call in when they say some special word or something?

Susan - It's good to hear Sweeps is better!! :hug:
What's the difference between Singapore chow mien and regular chow mien exactly??? By the way I had beef stew for lunch :drool:

You know our school cafeteria food actually isn't that bad. All those cartoons really give the wrong impression. Our school has the best onion rings :drool: My friend doesn't like onion but she likes the outside so I would eat the onion and give the outside to her....it really defeats the purpose of having them but o well...It's fun trying to take the onion out without breaking the whole shell apart...anyways getting a little to carried away....I'm easily amused what can i say:shrug:

Welcome GatorDistantLover! I envy you...being able to grow up with the band and all! Wish I was born earlier!:tongue:

We're slowly losing our safe haven!:yikes: Now where will we share our secret thoughts??? :wink: lol

TTFN

Hello Y'all! :wave:

Susan, I'm really glad to hear that Sweeps is doing ok! :hug: See? What did I tell you? Nothing to worry about. :)

As for lunch yesterday...well...actually I didn't get up till noon :D so my breakfast was my lunch, and I had pancakes with good ol canadian syrup.

I must be the odd one out cause I really dislike coffee (taste and the smell bugs me too :shrug: ) and I'm not big on tea..unless you count Nestea Ice Tea (yum).

It does seem we're getting a lot of visitors lately eh? They don't stick around long tho...maybe we scare them away? Ah well, that just means this can continue to be our safe haven (of naughty thoughts lol )

As for the contests, if you hear 2 U2 songs back to back and are the 9th caller in you automatically win all their CDs and your entered n a draw to win a trip to either LA or San Diego for their first shows!!! :hyper:
(hence the religious listening)

Anyhoo, hope you're all having fun. Chat with y'all later!
(I've got meself a hypothesis to test :wink: )

TTFN!

G'day everyone!

Mmm syrup....ohh last week on thursday we had a pancake day at school! The grade 12's didn't get the pancakes until 11:30 or so which kind of defeats the purpose of breakfast since our lunch was half an hour away....plus the pancakes were either a little raw or they were burnt :huh: but o well...it was free :wink:

Wow maybe I'm the one that's the freak....neither of you like coffee! Anyone like eggnog here??

Well our only constant visitor now is M4P! :wave:

Brightest - do you have the number to the radio station memorized yet? I'm sure it's probably second nature for you now to dial those numbers! Good luck! :up:

TTFN!:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom