Hola!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL - I know, my pic collection has sky rocketed since coming here..I haven't really sorted them yet..maybe we'll have to start quizzing eachother - "what bono era is this?" lol
Aww..that sucks Mucca, I was taping the grammy's but they started and I had to do a mad dash to find a blank tape! Luckily I found one (or so I though)..it sadly ran out of tape halfway thru the tsunami song..but at least I got u2..and we all know that's all that matters!!! lol
I hope your knee doesn't hurt too bad
And You have *no* idea how excited I was when they said u2's name!! lol
(I also had fun "u2 spotting" - aka lookin for even brief camera shots of the boys lol)
TTFN
:hug:

Well. How to begin? First of all, it has not went well at all with my tutor :( I went into the 1st tutorial tonight& Honestly i just feel so awful about the whole thing. I have been sooo looking forward to getting on here to speak to both of you!

Mucca - I REALLY appreciate you coming on&making the effort for me V much, cheers for that, you're a life saver :wink: You came on early just when i needed a laugh!!! :yes:

I barely had a chance to mention this missing item 'cos he did not shut up to catch a breath&i felt as if everyone else in this class knew soo much more than me&it seemed too far advanced for me! In the course material, it clearly says that it's ok to be a beginner but it felt like he was WAYYY ahead of my level! I decided that I'll either e-mail him or phone&then i will have his attention, just for me! I walked home tonight feeling such an idiot&was almost crying :sad: I really hope that it was maybe a case of him getting ahead of himself&there is still a chance for me to succeed in doing this, 'cos i really want to as music is my passion, even when we're talking about classical as well! On top of that, i was with my mum at the vet today, as we were having her cat checked out. She's called Sweep! She has been going on a regular basis, but mainly for minor skin&weight probs. The thing is that today, the vet thought she detected some sort of breathing difficulty, like a feline asthma or something&I got so worried :( I really love cats&have always been SO attached to our pets, and i still am now, even though i'm older and all! The vet said i'll give her an injection for now&come back in a week&we'll see if that has done he trick, so i'm hoping&praying that Sweep's fine&that it is just something which is perfectly curable! Please keep your fingers crossed for us!

:(

I really hope i haven't brougt either of you down in mood by going on about about all of that, but i just felt that i had to get it over with, so that you might understand if i sounded slightly weird!

Brightest - Hey, so glad that you're finding more time to post some stuff here - that is so :cool:

You know on the whole, i thought U2 were totally brill as usual, but it's funny. I was actually watching The Grammys at my mums' place 'cos she does like them! Yep, she's not one of these parents who slag 'em or go :rolleyes: if i go on about Bono this, Bono that!.....She actually realises what a great guy he is! Although, i don't go into all the Bono is a sexy beast stuff!!! Gosh no, that is something you don't like to discuss with parents, is it?

Anyway, to get to the point.......! I do agree with you to a certain extent about Bono singing Sometimes. I actually told my friend that i did think that he sounded slightly strained or like maybe just a touch hoarse! maybe it's a bad time for him, with all of the stuff on the bands' minds or something+he does drink a bit&I'm sure you both are aware that fans keep on saying Bono should stop smoking&drinking so much 'cos he's probably done his voice in a bit.....oops! :shame: Naughty Bono!!! Go to bed now, or ,or.........Hmmm....what do we do to him as punishment?!
What do you suggest, Brightest? I'm sure you have a BAD idea in mind lined up already!!!! :ohmy: :giggle:

Brightest - the first Edge sighting got my jumping and screaming at the tv...my mother was there to witness it all and I think it was a real eye opener for her and not in a good way either.....it'll just further her impression that U2 will distract my schooling...:rolleyes:

Susan - awww...You can vent anytime, we're here for you! :hug:
I'm sure you'll do great in the course! And I'm also sure that most of the other people in your class probably felt the same way as you did. Most of them were probably just as clueless and felt too embarassed to ask anything since it was the first class and everyone is still trying to settle in. The second class will probably be better, don't worry about it! :wink:

Sweeps...now that is original. Does the name have anything related to brooms or something? I love hearing stories on how people named their animals/kids/bands....etc....
I've got my fingers crossed for Sweeps! Hope she gets better soon!~

I had read about Bono's voice issue in another forum when I just got into U2. People got really heated abouted the topic...I was kind of shocked how big this whole thing was. But I have to say all that drinking and smoking is bad for him! Personally thought, I kind of like the hoarse part of his voice...it kind of adds a little something to the song.

LOL we do need Brightest's ideas for punishment!

Hi again Mucca - It's Sweep, not Sweep&it's funny that you say has it got anything to do with brooms! Well, no but i suppose it could be connected with that as in chimney sweeps! Another reason it could be called Sweep is down to a British childrens' TV show which was on years ago&you probably haven't heard about it........it was called Sooty&Sweep!! They were these cute hand puppets&they squeaked a lot! They were quite cute, so she may have named it after that, but i'm not sure!! I used to love that along with heaps of other great childrens shows we had over here. Many of them are still talked about a lot 25 years later!!
Nostalgia, etc i dare say is part of the reason! :wink:

I would like to think you are right about managing the course, but the thing is that there were a good few peole who did actually sound as though they had lots of musical knowledge already&this rather added to my feelings of being left out :( Ah well, i always have U2 and you two!

Can't wait to read Brightests' latest suggestions!!

Yep, it is great some of the time when Bono has that hoarseness in his voice......kind of adds to its' sexiness!! But it is naughty for him to smoke&i do wish he'd pack it in, even though i do agree with a few other of the PLEBA girls that he DOES look sexy doing it! He shouldn't, though! :shame: :uhoh:

It was awful for you to fall over like that, BTW! What's strange about that is that i was chatting to Brightest over at Lemonade stand when The Grammys were coming on&she almost did what you did - described how she was sprinting to the TV in the other room as i had told her i'd seen some pics of Bono at PLEBA! - so she gets it in her head he's actually on TV at that moment!!!
I told her to be careful&don't trip up&what happens? You do it for real!! Oh you crazy gals!! :rolleyes: :laugh:

You must be careful now......don't get over excited trying to get an eyeful of Bono!! :drool:

Brightest - Hey! I was doing the EXACT same thing, you know!!
I kept pointing and managed to see Edge&Morleigh a good few times, but the only times they really had the camera on Bono&Ali was when they announced the award! They won 3, BTW! :applaud: :applaud: :rockon: :rockon:

I thought that was cute too, when he did that little turn! Ooohhh yeah that was quite sexy as usual!! How on earth does he manage to make it all look soooo utterly cute??:giggle:

:eek:
Wow ladies!
Would you look at that..go away for a few hours, and come back to find myself behind again!
Ah well!

Let's see..
Susan, Have faith in yourself girl! Trust me, almost everyone always feels like they're the "stupidest" person in a class, but trust me..it's never true! When I came to university, that was some of the advice givin to me. Honestly, it can seem so overwhelming, and so much like everyone's on top of it - and maybe a couple of them are, but trust me, you're hardly alone. And tutorials can sometimes suck so much..I hate alot of my tutorials, they can be very unhelpful and the leader often ignores the people there. :tsk:
And anyway, I can tell you're smart, and I know you'll eventually figure it all out. So chin up! :hug:
And you can rant here anytime, we're here for eachother! :)

Sweep, that's an adorable name. I'm sure she'll be fine. A lil respiratory thing will be no big deal. But, I know how easy it is to fret over pets, I've got two pups of my own (also known as my babies), they're like family. I'm sure everything will be good, but I'm sendin well wishes your way just the same!

Bono's voice is so sexy. And ya, he should stop smoking and stuff because it's going to kill his voice someday, and I think he got a wake up call a few years ago. But mmmmmm...how I could just listen to him talk all day..about stocks..anything :drool:

LOL...I did go running across the house too..I think my rents thought I was :coocoo: ....luckily they didn't see my reaction to him winning and going on stage! LOL ..let's just say I was ecstatic....
I always get excited at any possibility of getting a vision of Bono :sexywink:
I'm so happy they got 3 for 3! And I still loved their speech..poor edge :hug:

Hmmm..now on to my favourite part yet (how have I been named the dirty and creative one of the group...*pauses and considers*..oh...lol)
How to punish Bono :mac:
hmmm...
1. Send him to bed.
2. Send him to my room.
3. Have him publicaly (or not so publicaly..if you get my drift) admit he's been a "bad bad boy" and should be punished...
4. We may just have to help him quit..and if that involves holding him down..well...I'll make that sarcrafice...

hmm...I think I will need to consider this further..much further...yes..this is something of great importance....:wink:
Sorry if my list disappoints, it's hard to be creative while doing a mini essay...
Anyhoo..this message is *way* too long.
I'll be chattin with you ladies later! (maybe the octagon?)
TTFN

Last edited:
Awww, Brightest! Thanks so much for those kind words!
That really has cheered me up! :hug: :hug:

I know what you mean about tutors ignoring students, as i have came across a few&doesn't it suck BIG TIME?! :mad:

I went AAAWWW when i read about your puppies!! I just love both them and kittens!! :cute: :cute: :cute: Adorable!
have you seen the pets thread on PLEBA? Lovely!

It's terrible! I ought to be in bed, but here i am at 4 in the morning, still on here! YES i am an official blue crack addict! I have confessed at Lemonade stand!!

I'm sure you will come up with a great punishment list for Bono!!

Nite all, i hope for my sanitys' sake!! :huh:

~MUCCA~
I've got a message for you. :)
*ahem*
*opens scroll*

trevster2k:
Hey Brightest Star, you talk to Mucca all the time. Find out if she got a better ticket for Van 2, cause I got one if she needs one for face value of course. She said this is her first show and she is in the balcony behind stage. Anyway, she can pm me if she wishes.

I hope I am the bringer of good news!

(...How does he/she know I talk to you all the time? lol)

Last edited:
double post
(but not to waste space...)
miss becky said:
withbeyonce.jpg

LOL .. I don't know why..but I found this amusing...

Last edited:
My turn to be waaaaay behind!!! It's only 9:00pm here and you two already have to go to bed....:(

There were so many shots of Edge at the grammy's but Ellen's head was in the way everytime....bahh....as much as I love that woman, she should really learn to get out of the way!

Brightest I don't think you alone can hold him down...you'll probably need help and I'm willing to sacrifice my time:wink: I'll hold down his torso and you can take his limbs! :wink:

Both of you have such adorable pets!!! All I have is one goldfish left....I think it's name was Gunther or something...well anyway it's not very cute....it is constantly getting bloated so we have to feed it peas to help it's gassiness....I doubt the peas are doing anything but o well :shrug:

Well Good night you two!
Sweet dreams!
Brightest - perhaps you'll dream of Bono talking about stocks :laugh:

~BrightestStar~ said:
~MUCCA~
I've got a message for you. :)
*ahem*
*opens scroll*

I hope I am the bringer of good news!

(...How does he/she know I talk to you all the time? lol)

Hey thanks!!! Awww that's so sweet of him!! Although I have no clue how he knows you talk to me all the time....kind of creepy....:huh:

I'm not in bed quite yet..(am I ever *sigh* lol)
Glad that I brought you some good news.
I too am kinda creeped out by the fact that he knows I talk to you all the time (honestly..how?) :huh:
Hmmmm...you want the torso eh? I dunno...maybe you can have the left side and me the right? :wink: and susan can help out all around)
Oh..I hope to dream of more than him talking stocks! :sexywink: LOL
(but I'll accept it if it's all I can get)
TTFN

Deal! Susan might just end up taking his head! I suppose she can keep his mouth busy with something else....but she can't have all the fun now can she! :wink: We can rotate!

Well I'm off to make lovely notes of psychology
Guess I'll talk to you tomorrow....or later tonight if I can't stop myself!

Nite!!! :hug:

ok so I couldn't keep myself off....:rolleyes:

Why can't there be a new Drawers out!!!! I need to read something!!! Ahhh!!!! Jeez I wish Trevster would reply me soon!! I really wanna know what tickets he has!!!!! :hyper:

Oh La La, Mucca! - You have been getting fruity in your suggestions, haven't you!! Keep Bonos' mouth busy? Hey, i'm sure i can think of a way to do that if given the chance no probs!!!!! (damn smilies won't work! ARG :mad: ) Well only a few!
Wonder what that could possibly be, eh????!!!!

That would be great if you could get some better tickets off this guy, eh??
Fingies crossed and all that!!!

I was at tha pub today&had a couple of Stella Artois, yes indeed! Lastnight was when i really needed one, though! Felt like walking into the nearest bar so i did, but you know what it's like for a woman alone, eh? Ok for men to go there alone! Not so for a woman though! :madspit: All you'd get is some creep attempting to come on to you&you'd be like BLEH!! I said to my friend lastnight, now if it happened to be some sexy, scrummy Bono-alike....well, that'd be different! Then it would be HEEELLLOOOO!!
Let's go&have some fun!!! No such luck for me more than likely!!

Boo-hoo!! Me wants a Bono clone!! Hmmm, how great that would be, eh gals!! :wink: I won't be on later as better get down to some music work, i suppose! I've been putting it off since my setback lastnight, so pray i can get back on track!!

See you both tom. hopefully! :wink:

Susan - I really let my imagination go last night didn't I! LOL

Oooooh I should check my email to see if that guy messaged me about those tickets! I was so surprised that someone actually went through the trouble to find me just to tell me they had tickets to sell, for face value too!

I hear you! It's impossible for women to sit alone in peace at a bar....mind you I don't go to bars since I'm still under-aged, but the TV shows it enough for anyone to know.:wink:

Wouldn't we all like a Bono clone....:drool:

Well good luck with your music work!!! I'm sure you'll be all caught up in no time!:D

M4P - Pretty good! Just found out last night that I might be able to get better tickets for the concert!! Have my fingers crossed!!!

All 3 of us are so busy all the time now!! Sigh...I miss those days when we'd respond to each other within minutes...:( Maybe it's just this month!! I've been hella busy with projects and tests! Seems like that for you too Brightest. You seemed to have essay after midterm after midterm....:huh:

Why did they blow up the old octagon bar and start a new one?

Well trevor emailed me about tickets and now I just have to tell my friend abuot it...although I might not be able to get seats that are together but we'll see! :D

Good luck with your test Brightest!
Guess i'll catch you crazies later and maybe even M4P:wink:

I see you couldn't stop yourself from popping back on either!LOL :wink:

3 more weeks and I get 2 weeks of spring break holidays!!! It's so far away....:(

Just finished watching Lost....I'm losing my interest now...they keep retelling stories of characters they've already done....:madspit:

TTFN

*pop*
I wish I got two weeks off. *sigh* But beggars can't be choosers.....

Sadly I didn't see lost tonight...come to think of it, I haven't seen it in awhile..*mutters about schoolwork*

Anyhoo, I've got one or two more definitions to memorize than it's time for bed (and Bono :wink: ) for me!
Think of me at around 11:00 my time tommorrow..it's my last midterm! :dance: (then all I have is a wee assignment and I'm free! FREE! I tell you mwah ha ha)
(can you tell I'm excited? :lol: )

PS. Darren - I'll be gettin home earlier tommorrow (I guess I should technically say today...), so Ikeep an eye out for me :wink:

PPS. Susan, I hope your catchin up on your work ok and that things are workin out, and that your kitty is ok :hug:

TTFN!
Send some luck my way!

Don't worry your not really missing out with Lost. I've been popping on to the Lost thread lately and everyone is not liking it very much at the moment....

LOL I can see you're totally set for your week off! I'm sure i'll be seeing plenty of you around here next week!

Well GOOD LUCK!!!! Bono sends you his best wishes too!! He says he'll be waiting for you in your room when your done the exam!

Well nite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom