Hola!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmmm...bio with BONO....:drool: I'd study his biology anytime! (does that make any sense???:huh:)

It's really quieted down here! What has everyone been doing lately aside from studies???? Have all of us actually been able to pry ourselves away from the crack???

You know what really sucks?? I normally come on at around 8:00 at night but by then it's already like midnight where you gals are:(

Oh by the way GOOD LUCK ON YOU BIO MIDTERM BRIGHTEST!!!! :hug: :up:

Brightest - I'm sure you'll find some ingenious way to convice your parents to get you the tix! Besides it's your b-day, best time to suck your parents into getting something you've been wanting for months!(for me anyway :wink:)

Well hope to catch you gals later! :wave:

Hey, Mucca!I'm hanging around for a little while longer&did you spot that we have an 'intruder' in the house??? :lol: Teehee!

Yep, Good luck Brightest! It's nerve-wracking stuff, eh?
I should be a good girl myself all this week, but golly this place is like a magnet, innit?

There's been some good pics on PLEBA in the last few days!
Some stills i like in particular are from the DVD of the singles! You might have seen it, it's behind the scenes footage of the One vid, where they all dress as women! Larry walks in with all hs make-up on& Bono goes: "here come the babes....WOO!" :drool:

The way he does that is so sexy, i'm telling you! You must try to see that if you haven't already. It's one of my fav parts of that DVD! Can you tell??!! :wink:

LOL Susan you don't sound very welcoming at all! :)

Yeah I've been looking at those One stills...they're absolutely hilarious! I must say, they make quite some lovely looking women! LOL :laugh:

My friend recorded the OC for me and while I was watching I saw the commercial for the Vertigo tour! Wish I could find way to tape that onto another tape so I can keep it but I only have one VCR....:( Ahhhh getting obsessive! LOL

Well I'm off for some night bowling! I'm horrible at bowling....I constantly roll the ball into the gutter, it's impossible for me to aim straight LOL I'd be lucky if I even get 60 for my score!

See you all later!:D

Hello Hello!
HOLA!
I'm at a place called Vertigo!!! :rockon:

I'm in *such* a good mood! :hyper:
My midterm went well, clearly it was the luck you guys were sending my way! :hug:
(Possibly a bit of the luck'o'de'Irish Mullen4Prez?)

Anyhoo, I still have a bunch or work...*but*..It's the weekend! HUZZAH!

There are *always* lovely pics on PLEBA :heart:

Ha ha Mucca...Bowling is so fun..I haven't gone in awhile..I should :yes:

Oh, Susan, my bday isn't til August! lol ...I'm just planning *well* ahead of time :wink:

TTFN! :wave:

Brightest - hey, that's some amount of planning your b/day!

Mine is March 20. when i shall be the grand old age of 37!!! :wink:

I wasn't quite sure, was it a Biology exam you did? i was quite good with that at college, myself!

Mucca - I've never been bowling, but it really does sound like lots of fun!! :wink:

Well, there's been a ton of stuff on PLEBA to catch up on, it's crazy! I'm loving all this t-shirt slogan stuff but that site for Esquire mag was a load of shite, to be frank about it!! I thought that whole thing was weird!

I AM becoming V excited about The Grammys, though! Maybe there won't be any risque stunts by his hotness though, since they are doing SYCMIOYO! Not quite sexy enough for all that high jinks, eh?!

It's a bit of a bummer that they were too late to get the nominations in on time for the album, though! :( ........

There is NEXT YEAR!!!

Hope to hear from you both on here sometime soon........ :wink:

*sigh*
I've spent more time on here today then I should have..ah well....I'll stay up a lil later studyin

Ya, it was a biology midterm! I have a claculus midterm on monday..bleh!

Lol..how hilarious was that vertigo thing I posted on PLEBA?

Grammy's! :hyper:

Hey...if the albulm gets nominated next yr..well...that means they'll be there! YES! :dance:
lol

TTFN

Teehee - Yep, Brightest, that was funny about Vertigo right enough!! I did see that!

AHA, Lemonade stand - I do know about it, but i had been lurking for a while! In a way, i suppose i don't quite feel clever enough to be posting on that! I had been reading that thread&then couldn't think of anything good to write, but a lightbulb in my head......when i saw Ewens' comment about you thinking about Bono!!......Well, i thought there's an answer to that!

You see that.....it's not just us crazies who think you have done far too many posts on here!!! :lol: :coocoo: :crazy:

I meant to do some work on my music course today, but have been a lazy so&so, but i intend to do heaps tom.&catch up, so i might not be on for a few days (sigh, what i'll be missing incl, Grammy goss!) I have actually been getting the feeling that i will hopefully do quite well. That's unless it becomes a lot harder, but so far i have been following it pretty much which i'm well chuffed about!

See ya later :wave: Time to wonder wher Mucca is? :confused:

ACK!!! I pressed backspace by accident and my message got erased!!!!! :crazy:

Well it's nice to know you two have missed me!! :hug:

I went snowboarding today and I finally learned how to turn/carve....it doesn't sound like much but it is quite an accomplishment for me!LOL :D I fell on my bum pretty hard and got hit in the back twice by a snowboard which wasn't all that fun....but o well....:wink:
When I went for lunch they played Even better than the real thing and I for some oddball reason started smiling like an idiot, my friends all gave me the rolly eyes....:huh:
On the ride home after I was listening to some U2 stuff and then it popped into my head that Edge would look really REALLY good in snowboarding gear, especially since he always wears his tuque everywhere....:drool::drunk:

Bowling was really fun too! I got 2 strikes in the beginning and then it all went down hill from there. But before we started playing we had to wait half an hour for our lanes since it was so busy that night....while we were waiting Vertigo popped on and I started prancing around the bowling alley. My friends found that very amusing, wonder what the rest of the people in the building thought....LOL :shifty:

Seems like I have alot of catching up to do! Guess I'll check out Brightest's Vertigo thing first! :D

Grammy's tomorrow!!!! I'm so excited!!! I'm going to plant myself in front of the TV for like 3 hours! Have to tape them on the red carpet!!! and of course their performance!

Susan - What kind of music stuff are you studying anyway?

TTFN:hug:

Mucca - That was quite a story there!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: at your friends laughing when you sang vertigo!!! I couldn't stop laughing at that!! I laugh easy! :wink:

Sounded painful ,though when you described falling at the snow-boarding, OUCH!! :scream: :no:

My music course is really about reading music&it mainly involves listening to pieces of classical music! I actually have loan of a keyboard to play along with written music, WOWEE!!!! :yes:
It has different settings on it for piano&organ and several other types of instrument.
It will come in handy to start playing some tunes, when i'm not actually doing the work, like being daft playing phantom of the opera&stuff!! Do-a deer from The Sound Of Music also sprung to mind!!

I have just completed the 1st unit&found it quite straight forward, which surprised me so i feel quite encouraged!
It introduces the range of notes, like quavers, crotchets&minims!

I was thinking we could all do what Brightest was suggesting, maybe&start joining in at the chats on the lemonade stand!

There's quite a lot of fun topics over there! :wink:

Yep, Brightest you have been on loads&no there is NOTHING wrong with chatting! It's just when you get nothing done it gets too much, really!

Hey, what am i thinking........U2 are no.1 here in UK!!! It was announced half an hr ago YIPEEEEEE :dance:

Wow I'm sore today....walking is becoming quite a task :huh:
But it's OK because I got my U2 IPOD today!!!! YAY!!!!!!:dancing:

What are quavers, crotchets and minims???? I use to play piano and I had to take music theory and history to complete my gr. 10. I don't think I've ever heard of those terms....

I've popped on to lemonade stand a couple times but I've only actually posted on the "Lost" thread.

Brightest - I'm still waiting for a U2 related dream....still haven't been lucky enough:madspit:
So do you plan on sharing the details??? Does it follow the lines of Drawers??:wink:

Well I doubt I'll be on for the rest of the night with the Grammy's going on! So I'll see you gals tomorrow!!! :D

Have a good night!!!:hug:
*runs off to set up U2 ipod*

Oh hello there! It's been all go here tonight 'cos of The Grammys!

Those are musical notes!! It's a pity i can't type the symbols in for you to see!!

OOOO WOWEEE U2 I-pod!!! Yipee! You must be dancing right enough! :dance: :dance: I'd be so excited to have that thing in front of me!!

I've been chatting with Brightest at the Octagon Bar&going on about the upcoming Grammys!! Exciting!! Go Bono!!

Oh&the other cool news is that U2 are at No.1 here with SYCMIOYO!!! Whoo-hoo! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

>Hey, wish i could have a good Bono dream!! Actually i DID have a dream a few year ago with him, but it wasn't THAT sort of dream unfortunately!! :( Boo-Hoo!

Good luck on your calculus midterm. Brightest! :up:

Speak to ya later about grammys!:wink:

Good luck on your calculus Brightest!!
Oh and Happy Valentines Day!! You girls have any plans tonight?

The grammy's were pretty good. Although I didn't get to see the red carpet stuff...I don't think they even aired it...hmmm....did you guys see it?

Well the straw hat made it's appearance...and the local newspaper made fun of it:madspit:

You know for some reason the SYCMIOYO performance didn't seem to have as much emotion as it has at other performances....what do you gals think? Maybe it's just me?!?!:huh: But I have to say though, their performance was one of the best that night. The J.Lo performance was pretty blah.....And I missed John Mayer's performance:(

It was so sweet that Edge dedicated the award to Sian and Larry apologized to the fans again! :hug:

Well talk to you crazies later! :D

Mucca - hey there - I'm afraid you caught me just as i'm going to go off the COMP soon :(

As we are always saying, it's crap about the time difference, eh?
The only time we're on for very long at the same time is the weekend, i think! Darn!!

About The Grammys, i loved J-Lo actually! I'm not that keen on her usually, but i thought she looked STUNNING and it was a better show BY FAR than our Brits, i thought!....BUT! The crap thing was that i only saw 1 of U2s' awards on our shit tv coverage - BAH!! :mad: :madspit:

I don't really know some of the people mentioned on that show, incl. the guy you mentioned, Mucca! There's always a lot of groups&artists that are big in America who we lot in Britain never really know about!

Valentines' Day? Hmmm......PASS!! No lurve for moi, i'm afraid!
How i wish i had someone to spend the day with, but alas.....nae luck, as we would say in Glasgow! :(

Yes, to have a boyfriend, eh? I can only dream of being Mrs Hewson.......SIGH........if only it were me........More Sighs!!!! :sigh:

Yep, imagine the great Valentines' day Bono&Ali will be having in L.A right now!! Ah well, guess i shouldn't think about that?!

I've had a minor prob with music course! My book tells me to go through some tests which are meant to be on there but they don't appear to be! :scratch: So i will see my tutor for the first time tom. night&will be finding out what i need to do but i don't think i'll really end up that much behind, really!

Hey, i thought Bono looked totally HEEELLLOOOO!!!! at The Grammys!! Sexyyy as hell as usual! Yummy!!!! I really love the hat&don't get these people who don't like! There's one pic i love - his hair is like falling into his eyes - rowr! GORGEOUS babe he is - HOT STUFF!!!

Well, i'm off to bed soon as it is 2.25 AM here so hope you are on maybe a wee bit earlier tom. night, but take care both of you anyway Nite!! :wave: :yawn:

Susan - I'm always the last one to go to sleep with this whole time difference thing....my "prime" time is your bed time....:madspit:

I only saw one of the U2 awards too!!!! I didn't find out they won 2 until I popped on PLEBA today! I've never been a fan of J.Lo nor her husband....

I suppose if I watched the Brits I'd probably be in the same shoes....by the way have you heard of Jamie Cullum? He's a jazz pianist, pretty new to the scene.

Well I spent my Valentines day with a bunch of my single girl friends....who needs zitty self-absorbed highschool boys!:wink:

Oooh Ali is so lucky! Sigh.....she must be getting so pampered right now....wonder how she bagged Bono....:hmm: Should learn a few tricks from her and then maybe we can end up with a sexy hairy beast! LOL....

Well it would be helpful if your book actually had what it said it should have in it now wouldn't it?

About the hat thing, I totally agree!! I think it looks great on him!! It's like his symbol aside from his sunglasses! I just saved a bunch of grammy pics! I really need to start organizing them....Oh, I really liked that picture where all four of them stood in a line with their back really straight as if they were at boot camp or something :D It's such a cute picture!

Ok well I'll do my best to come on earlier! :D
Have a good night!:hug:

*sigh*
I've been such a slacker here recently, but gah, with all the stuff going on I usually only have time to read, not reply. Where's the fun in that?
I taped the grammy's :hyper:
As for their performance, I don't think it was their strongest, I'll admit that. They still did really, well, B was focused and his voice was :drool:. It did seem to lack some of the emotion, but I think overtime he's managing to hide his feelings a bit more...I think the song started great, lacked a bit, and then finished well (emotion wise). The end was a little odd, I think he's playin around with it...
Anyhoo...B looked hot..even if he was wearing a silly hat (which he's adorable in - I say he's adorable a lot..but you *know* I mean adorable in the hot way lol).
Loved the acceptance speech for *so* many reasons...Edge whispering to larry (prob encouraguing him)..Bono being surprised and circling around in an adorable fashion..*sigh*
:heart:
Anyhoo, Susan, did ur tutor strighten that stuff out for you?
Anyhoo,
Talk to you crazies later!
TTFN
:hug:

Last edited:
Hello Hello! I'm on early just for you Susan!

You know after joining "blue crack" my collection of U2 pics has really grown and i think i should seriously start separating them into folders....although it's a little hard for me since I've only gotten into for a couple months! I guess I should start doing some research so I can recognize the face of bono during the zoo age or something....:huh:

Did I tell you guys about my sad injury during the grammy's??
Well I didn't know what U2 was getting nominated for so it caught me off guard when they announced U2 won best rock group or something ....so in a mad dive to get my tape into the VCR to record their speech i slipped and my leg bent funny so i ended up twisting my knee, which wasn't very fun at all, but the pain was worth it!!!:wink: :up:

LOL I just proof read what I wrote above and I had so many weird mistakes. I had "sleep" instead of "slipped".....mind you I'm not deprived of sleep or anything...kind of weird how it ended up that way isn't it?

Well I'll catch you crazies later!
:hug:

Brightest!!! Glad to see the chatty you back!! :D

Bono's voice was great!!! I was so worried that he might not be able to hit those high notes but he did and I'm so proud!!!! :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom