Hola!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slapshot

The Fly
LONG time fan, just new to Interference. Been a U2 fan since "War". First got to see them live on the Zoo TV Outdoor Broadcast tour, then went to PopMart five times, and Elevation four times. Basically, about every four years, I spend my vacations going to U2 shows... just like the rest of you. :) I live near Memphis, where the band seems to love to record, film, and accept awards... but not play live. They've done one show here in the last seventeen years. I mean, I'd roadtrip anyways, but it'd be nice to see them "at home", y'know?

Other interests include pretty much any music -- techno, rock, country, blues, opera, even some rap, just no gangsta. I read everything I can get my hands on -- Stephen King, JK Rowling, Clive Barker, Christopher Rice, Tom Clancy... really, everything. Last book read: U2 Show, of course! My current project is loading the hard drive of my new computer with all the U2 stuff I own. Apple lists "The Complete U2" as being 400 tracks; I've managed to collect over 300 of those thru the years. My Windows Media Player is getting STUFFED!

My name is Chris. My username, "slapshot", refers to a sport that apparently is no longer played in North America...

L8R, y'all.

Hey there, I was at the Notre Dame show too! Wasn't it incredible!?! Amazing to get to experience such an intimate venue for a band 20+ years into their career!!

Yeah, Lauren, the ND show was just... words fail me. Were you in the heart? I was right up front, center stage, which I still cannot believe happened. After my two flights that day (Jackson, TN to St. Louis, St. Louis to South Bend), I got to the hotel, checked in, and caught a cab to the campus. The line for the floor was just nuts, and I was right at the end of it. Got inside, figured there was no hurry as the heart had to have filled up long ago, loitered around the merch table, talked to a few people... and then overheard an arena security person tell someone that there was still room for a few "in there". I fairly well FLEW over the floor of the Joyce Center, got my other wristband, and squirmed my way up front. I REALLY hope they do something like that again for Vertigo 2005 or whatever they end up calling it.

C.

Wow, lucky you! I drove in a massive 15 passenger van from Ohio and it was slow going so we got there almost right before it started and I didn't have GA tickets, so I was a few rows back a little to the side....but hey, it was so small that there was no bad seat; I was probably only 30 feet from the heart but I wish I could've been where you were!!!

Back
Top Bottom