Hiiiii I'm officially delurking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neutral

genius of compression, Forum Moderator
forty miles from atlanta, this is nowhere
Oh man I am so glad I found this site.

Ok, um let's see, I'm a longtime U2 fan who just recently rediscovered U2.
I started listening to U2 in high school when a friend made me a tape of Joshua Tree. U2 has been special to me since that day because that was the first music that I ever really cared about. Before that I listened to top 40 radio and it was just background crap. I got to go to a Joshua Tree show in Atlanta, kept sneaking into the theatre to watch Rattle and Hum over and over, and blew all my money on these double LP bootlegs that a local shop sold. :| I was a fan through college until Zooropa and Pop kind of pushed me away for awhile. I got the Boston Elevation DVD for Christmas and WOW. How/why did I miss this tour?! :mad: So now I'm back to the point of near obsession.

I think I found this site searching for wallpapers and I wandered into the forum. This is the best I've found so I joined, here I am, yadda yadda.

My favorite sets right now are the Slane Castle show and the Christmas/Point Depot/Dublin bootleg. That version of Streets....wow. And umm...Edge, red #7 shirt. :drool:

Whee.

Warm welcome Neutral :) This sounds like my current relationship with U2 exactly lol. I can't begin to recall the number of trips I made to Record Runner and Hideout Records in Manhattan for those bootlegs lol. They were always in the summer, always on a nice day, and always memorable.

I can see by reading the posts that I have A LOT to catch up on :) This is going to be fun. I could kick myself now for even drifting away like I did!! Anyways, welcome again and enjoy your rediscovery!

Andrea :)

I could kick myself now for even drifting away like I did!! Anyways, welcome again and enjoy your rediscovery!

Andrea :)

Yup me too, still kicking myself. :huh: Glad to know I'm not the only one who was buying those bootlegs. Now I keep reading things about how U2 really doesn't like them being sold too. oh well.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. :)

Back
Top Bottom