hi there everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluegoose

Babyface
my name is dave and i live in east of england. i hope i am not transgressing protocol by the nature of my post.. i have been sorting out my stuff recently in my house and i found a collection of u2 magazines that i bought a few years ago. it was a sentimental purchase for me because my sister who was a couple of years older than me was a massive u2 fan right from the beginning. they were a bit rocky for me at that stage but i got into them later. i have never seen them live and that is one of my regrets. anyway i am having a clearout and want to sell the magazines. they are a full set of the original u2 magazine fanzines , 16 copies, from nov 81 to autumn 85. they are in very very good condition, i would say almost mint. they come in a period binder which has a couple of u2 stickers on the front dating from the same time ( 'a celebration' and 'october' ). i am thinking of putting them on eby with a 99p start and no reserve, just to see what happens! i checked today and saw that some individual issues had sold recently on ebay.com for more than fifty bucks apiece. but i dont want to split the set up as i think it would be a shame. i would like to keep it together even if it means selling for less. ive been offered 75 quid from ringing up a memorabilia dealer in the uk ( eil.com ) for the whole set but i think they are worth more and i would much rather see them go direct to a fan. can anyone tell me what they think this set is worth? before listing on eby i thought i would join and mention it in here first just to give people a heads up and ask if anyone has an idea of their value and also to see if there is any interest in them. i am a longstanding member of a couple of other forums where we frown on newbies just joining up to sell stuff , so apologies for this post if it is inappropriate in here. but i think this is a really nice set and want it to go to a good home. if you want i can take some photos and post them if people are interested in seeing them. thanks dave.

Back
Top Bottom