Hi, Scottish newbie here...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smooshcat

Acrobat
Thought i'd better introduce myself. I'm smooshcat and I hope to make this place my new home, it looks pretty cool. OK, I obviously love U2, but Idlewild, R.E.M., Garbage, Ash and Sheryl Crow aren't far behind. I won't list all the music I like, huge lists aren't interesting to anyone!
I'm also a massive Eddie Izzard fan, saw him live before Christmas- anyone else catch his world tour?
Well, by day I'm a freelance artist, and have horses which I hope to compete with this summer, erm, that's pretty much it for now.

hope to have interesting/funny/insane conversations with some of you about anything and everything.

Thank you for your luverly welcomes:wave:
Lol, the smooshcat thing is a pro cat thing. I was talking to my cat in babytalk(like you do) when thinking of a username ages ago. I said something like "hey smooshy smooshcat" and it stuck. But I think it's like the cat is sooooo cute that you just want to :hug: her.

Hi I'm glad you dont like to smoosh cats or I'd be way pissed :lol:

Welcome :wave:

Thank you everybody for making me feel so welcome, ahhhh, this really seems like a nice place.

Bonochick, yay, spreading the Idlewildness! I love these guys so much, they actually wrote their last album(and the one they're recording right now) not very far away from where I live. I saw them live in July, loved it.

And no animals were harmed in the making of my name. :p

:wink:Welcome! Smooshcat! i think it's a cool name-Grabs thee attention, negative or positive! have only heard of garbage, opening for U2*! but I'm Still a hugh fan of Simple Minds-me #2 fave band of all time!! but sadly, they aren't as prolific as U2. and there are a few not around anymore, it seems, i.e; big country, etc.

I love Garbage & Idelwildand I liked Ash until I seen them in the ulster Hall and at Slane...they werent the best :silent:

anyway.........Welcome!!!!! :D :wave:

I went to Scotland once think we got the Seacat over :hmm: that was many moons ago though

Welcome here,...

Always nice to see someone from the homecountry of Big Country :)

The most nothern point i ever went in Scotland was Inverness :up:

Wow, thanks you guys!
forbonou2, thanks for wishing me luck with my horse, we're just doing some showing,working hunter classes, and low level showjumping.
Lara Mullen, I've never seen Ash live(saw Idlewild though-excellent:hyper:) a friend of mine saw them supporting Robbie Williams and thought they were great, but then she's a RW fan:shrug:
souLnation2002, thanks!
Rono, I'm about 120 miles north of Inverness, right at the top of the mainland, but I go to Inverness a lot, to shop mostly.
Basstrap, thanks, but I'm a miss Scottish girl! Freedom to you too :wink:

I'm a MASSIVE Idlewild fan, and like Ash and REM as well. I love Scotland, but I've only been there once (for T in the Park and spent a day and a half in Edinburgh).

Were you at T in the Park last year? That was my first festival(camped in yellow field)I'm definately going back this year - David Bowie, Muse and The Darkness have already confirmed.
Idlewild are my favourite band after U2, I hope they'll be at T again this year, the new album'll be out in bout six months so maybe....:hyper:

smooshcat said:
Were you at T in the Park last year? That was my first festival(camped in yellow field)I'm definately going back this year - David Bowie, Muse and The Darkness have already confirmed.
Idlewild are my favourite band after U2, I hope they'll be at T again this year, the new album'll be out in bout six months so maybe....:hyper:

Yep, it was last summer. :) It was my first festival too....I don't remember which field we were in, but it was the first one as you came in the entrance, to the right. I spent almost all day on Saturday at the mainstage so I could be at the front for Idlewild. A bit mad at some moments (The Proclaimers :crazy: ), but definitely worth it!
I'm definitely going to at least one of the festivals this year, but I think it'll probably be Glastonbury, if I can get tickets!

Lucky you right at the front:drool: We were near the front, but not that close. It *was* mad at the Proclaimers, eh? Some lassie on a guy's shoulders beside us whipped her top and bra off during 500 miles, :ohmy: really didn't need to see that.

I might go to Glastonbury one year, but it is literally at the other end of the country(I'm as north as you can go without leaving the mainland) so T's much easier to get to. ("only" a 8/9 hour train journey).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom