Hi, my name is Tony, and I'm a U2-holic......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, I was waitin for the usual "Hiiiiiiiii, Tony" :wave: I get at my other "self help" group, but I'm tired of waitin. :ohmy:

What this thread is really about is this damn addiction that I can't kick. Yeah perhaps it runs a little low for a period of time (as evidenced by my lacking post total), but then every once in a while, oh say when ever these 4 dudes from Ireland kick out a new batch of sonic art, it just rules my life.

It slowly builds, maybe with a check of interference.com every coupla days to see if there's any latest on the "new album", but eventually turns into this utterly pathetic obsession of trying to find every last bit of new U2 that can be found.

It finally culminates in what always seems to be a satisfying, but ulitmately anticlimatic experience when I go to pick up my copy of the newest disc, only to get the feeling of a drunk on a 3 day whiskey binge. It's like I pop it in the player and instead of denying the temptation and enjoying a good, hard drunken U2 stooper, I find it simply making me 'regular' again. :|

All of this because I'm a U2-holic. A recovering one, but yet one just the same. But seriously, how many of us really "recover"?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to pour myself a double MD on the rocks and get my wits about me yet again. :wink:

Erin Go Bragh!

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:
Well, you've come to the wrong place to bust an addiction; you're doomed.

Welcome anyway!

Well it's another sad excuse for me to ingest even more U2 while trying to mask it as an attempt to "get help".

Kinda like at my other "group" where once a month we hold our meeting at the local hole in the wall. Our concept is "Hey, if you fall off the wagon, you won't have that far to go". Seems to be workin....I think. :huh:

Welcome Tony - and don't look for any help here. We're all raging addicts ourselves!!! :lol:

Glad to have you on board! :up:

It's so great to see so many U2 fans out there in the world. I have been a U2 aholic for nearly 17 years now. Glad to have a place again to talk all about U2.

Back
Top Bottom