Hi guys, from Melbourne Oz! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Introduce Yourself in the Babyface Cafe
Click Here to Login

Old 01-11-2009, 05:17 AM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 01:08 AM
Hi Mikie and everyone else

Along with my mate stratocaster (jon), I've been a long time follower of this forum, especially during the tour in 2005/2006 and again with the build-up to No Line on the Horizon.

Reading through posts and listening to stories I think there would be quite of few people from these forums we would have at least seen or come across at various U2 events.

Thanks Mikie for the links to that website, unfortunately could not find any pics of ourselves. Was a great day though!

Ian

Old 01-11-2009, 07:05 AM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 12:08 AM
Thanks for checking Ian. Mikie You'll still have to let us know which ones ur in. Catch up for the next Melb shows!

Old 01-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #18
The Fly

That`s ok guys!

The pic of me and Bono is pretty close up and was taken by a girl named Kylie. Her name should be under the pic somewhere. Bono is on your right facing your left and signing my ticket, i`m on your left with short black hair and the olive green Vertigo Tour t-shirt on, looking down at him signing and smiling...he he! His minder (the guy in the yellow polo), is sort of in the middle of the pic in the background.

Nice getting to know you guys anyway!

Bring on March 2nd!!!!

The first single shouldn`t be far away either!
Old 01-12-2009, 03:41 AM   #19
The Fly

Jan 19th hopefully....

I uploaded some photos on the yahoo group in the 3d album and the day we all got our stuff signed. I thought id embarass my poor friend ian by posting a pick of him looking super excited with bono's ear in the background. Haha, i cant really speak, as I hardly took any photos that werent shaky.
By the way mikie, in the 3d album thats me on the left in the pic with the aussie u2 show band and ian is the bloke with the rasta beanie.... dont ask ha
Old 01-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #20
The Fly

Ok cool!

I`ll go check it out!

Mikie.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #21
The Fly

I just saw the pics....cool!

U2 3D shouldn`t be far off a dvd release either. Don`t know if it will come with 3D glasses or just be a normal picture.
The OZ U2 Show are great aren`t they! I`ve seen them quite a few times over the years and they always impress me! I told my fiance i want them for the band at our wedding...he he! I wonder if they do private functions?
I might e-mail them and find out if they do, and if so how much they charge! The guests might not appreciate an all U2 wedding though, unless they`re willing to play a bit of other stuff too. Worth finding out anyway!

Regards, Mikie.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #22
The Fly

Hey guys!

Sorry, forgot to mention this in the last post.

I want some advice...! I`ve got some U2 number plates at home and want to know which ones to put on my car!
They are,

U2FAN
U2BONO
U2EDGE

I had U2FAN on my old car and when i traded it in i took them off and haven`t yet put them on my new car. I was spewing, because i wanted them on "a" car at the time of the Vertigo Tour in 2006, but i was in between cars!
I thought now that the new album is about to hit and U2 will be surfacing again it`s a good time to put one of them on!

let me know what you guys think!

Regards, Mikie.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:49 AM   #23
The Fly

Hey Mikie,

You kno something bout the DVD release of 3D or just hoping its soon? My friend and I were thinking that it would be great if they released a special edition with some funky fly-like glasses or bono-esque styl,e instead of a piece of cardboard with blue and red cellophane.

That would be great if you got Aussie U2 show at ur wedding. If your fiance loves it too then I think guests would respect and enjoy it anyway. They seem like really nice blokes, so if you email them and let em kno that you've seen them a few times they might be happy to do it!

On ur last msg..... A couple months ago i was driving to uni (Melbourne to Geelong) and I saw an older 90s blue Ford Fairlane or Falcon, with the plates U2FAN. I got pretty excited so i tried to keep up to honk the car as I had "streets" live belting in my car. Problem was the driver was flying through traffic and I couldnt weave my way through. tried to take a photo on my phone of the plates while driving, but didnt work... Though I thought it was a woman driving.....

In answering ur question, i guess it depends on the car... but I do like U2EDGE and U2BONO as they look more complete. U2EDGE i would personally put on, specially with NLOTH being said to be a very 'guitar' album. You cant really go wrong tho mikie. Ill be keeping a lookout on the Melb streets for ya! Ha

Jon
Old 01-13-2009, 03:58 AM   #24
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
^ Mysterious Jen has a blue car with u2 plates, it could have been her!!

I vote for U2FAN.

If you decide on one of the others you can send them to me. Thanks pal
Old 01-13-2009, 05:41 PM   #25
The Fly

Local Time: 01:08 AM
Gotta love the Oz U2 show, great bunch of guys!
Mikie, I'd say go with U2FAN unless you have a particular bias towards either Bono or Edge for whatever reason.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:22 PM   #26
The Fly

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I`ll put U2FAN back on!

That blue Ford wasn`t me....he he! I don`t know how they could have the same plates, unless they were interstate plates?? I`m gonna ring vic roads now and make sure there hasn`t been some mix up and they`ve given someone those plates when they are already taken....you never know!
No, i don`t know the release date for U23D, just assuming it might be soon.

Take care guys,
Mikie.