Hi from the land of oz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reptile

Acrobat
Firstly i must express my jealousy of U2 fans living in Europe and the USA who actually get the oportunity to see the boys once in a while. Last time they came to my home town was for Zoo tv in 92 or 93 ( cant remember, so long ago!)
Which leads me to my next point; has anybody heard any more of the rumours regarding Vertigo coming down under?

feeling welcome

Thanks for all the Hi's hello's and welcomes.
Do any of you guysngals have tickets for shows in your areas or indeed have you been to any Vertigo shows already?

Hiya Reptile, from another fan in Oz. Just saw your post in the Church thread, nice to see more Aussies here. Not from Adelaide are you? (I ask since U2 was here last in 93 :wink: ) Welcome!

Hey blueeyed girl

blueeyedgirl said:
Hiya Reptile, from another fan in Oz. Just saw your post in the Church thread, nice to see more Aussies here. Not from Adelaide are you? (I ask since U2 was here last in 93 :wink: ) Welcome!
Thought i might find some Australians via The Church thread.
Am i from Adelaide? Now that would be telling....lets just say i was at the Lizard Lounge last night (where else would you find a reptile?!)
Do you have any news regarding a u2 tour down under?:shrug:

Your time zone on the half hour gives your location away. lol.

There is no official word on a tour of Australia yet. The gossip has been anywhere from January to May 2006. Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane.

Perth and Adelaide have not been mentioned in the goss. :woe:

Hey dont tell everybody!
Never was very good at math myself.....
Hey didnt you guys get the popmart tour? I had to go to Melbourne for that one.
I figured they would probably only do melb and syd, better start saving!

Perth got Popmart, yes. I personally didn't have the opportunity to attend. :woe:

Ernie Shavers, another poster on here who is often accurate with his gossip, reckons the Australian tour will be announced at the end of August and tickets on sale early September.

melbourne in march?

Just read in a melbourne paper that a u2 concert in march may conflict with the commonwealth games!:ohmy:

welcome! I think I read they were supposed to announce something about the shows in your country in these days.

I hope this for you!!

Re: Hey blueeyed girl

reptile said:

Thought i might find some Australians via The Church thread.
Am i from Adelaide? Now that would be telling....lets just say i was at the Lizard Lounge last night (where else would you find a reptile?!)
Do you have any news regarding a u2 tour down under?:shrug:

Ha! Not much gets past folk here! :wink:

As for U2, goss is definitely not on Adelaide and Perth (and for the sad folk in Tassie.....:( ) Tho' there's been some mindboggingly freaking goss they might go to Wellington :no:

:lol:

i feel welcome pt2

Thanks for the new welcomes 'n' howdys:)

Regarding the NZ tour rumours; They do generally get the same tours as oz. Probably to do with the Greg Carrol connection (one tree hill) Poor old Tassie though, must be just that little bit too far away!

Hello!:wave:

Hope U2 decide to tour Australia soon!

Back
Top Bottom