Hi from Seattle!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EmmyM

Babyface
Hello everyone! I'm Emmy, I live in the Seattle area, and I'm still riding the giddy high from the April 24th show, so I figured it was time to join the forum to share the love.

I've been a U2 fan since I was 14 (I'll be 36 on May 10...some of the best people have that birthday *g*). I was visiting my grandma in Minnesota, and she had MTV! We didn't have MTV (lived in Alaska at the time; we didn't know there was such a thing back then). I saw the video for New Year's Day, and I was instantly hooked! At the time, none of my other 14 year-old friends had heard of U2, so the music was my little secret! I remember riding the bus as a dorky junior high student down to some super hip indie music store just so I could buy an Under a Blood Red Sky t-shirt.

It still shocks me sometimes how HUGE U2 has become since, in a weird way, I still relate to them as "my band". When Bono was on Oprah, I had this knee-jerk thought of "How does Oprah know who Bono is?" LOL Sometimes our inner 14 year-old never grows up!

I've only seen them twice in concert. Once during Zoo TV and then last Sunday. One of my biggest teenage disappointments was in 1987 when a group of my friends from high school went to see them (I lived in New York at the time), and I didn't know they were going til the next morning when they showed up at school wearing their concert shirts. They weren't my closest friends since they never would have gone without me, but they were good friends and kept claiming "we didn't know you liked them!" to which I responded, "WHO DOESN'T LIKE THEM??" I would have given both arms to attend The Joshua Tree tour! I didn't speak to them for a week. LOL

Anyway, glad to be here!

Welcome Emmy! :wave: I'm in the Seattle area as well, and was at the 4/25 show! That was my first U2 show after being a fan for 20 years, and what a blast that was! I'm a newbie around here too...:rockon:

And I thought I was the only one!

Likewise!

Seattle 1 was my first concert after 14 years of fandom. I liked it so much (and my pictures were so bad) that I went to Vancouver 2! (And my pictures turned out MUCH better!)

Living in Bellingham definitely has its advantages. :)

I'm officially hooked! I just bought tickets to the Portland show in December.

To top it off, I'm new here. :wave: Hi everyone!

Back
Top Bottom