Hi from Pakistan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JeanPierreClaud

Babyface
Hey guys! I'm a die hard U2 fan from Islamabad, Pakistan. :wave: Listening to music and talking to people is always my pleasure. I've been a fan of U2 since I was 11 years old, discovering them through the film Killing Bono, having been a fan of Ben Barnes previously. The first ever song of U2 I heard was Vertigo and the first ever video of them I watched was the official video of Sunday Bloody Sunday, live at Red Rocks. I was instantly charmed by their charismatic personalities especially that of young Bono. So I'm a Bono girl :hyper: They seriously don't make them like that anymore. Oh and his mullet :drool:

Unfortunately, I've never seen them in concert or real life :( my U2 fantasy is to be pulled by Bono on stage, but that can only happen if I go to a U2 concert and be in the front row, by camping out early I suppose :hmm:

By the way, as I recently got an iPad, before this I used to download U2 and Beatles concerts from isohunt through utorrent on my pc, but now utorrent just doesn't install and there's no separate app either. Right now I'm trying to download the Red Rocks concert of U2, and I don't have it on my PC cause the electricity keeps on going over here and something in the CPU blasted. I want to keep concerts and all on my ipad so when the electricity goes, I have Sth to do as its charged as my vacations are here. Anyone who can help me on this? It would be really appreciated. :up:

Nowadays, I'm trying my hand at reading books of politics, especially that of Pakistan. I've spent eight years living in Hong Kong and when I came back my dad put me in boarding school for two years which was quite a learning experience, I was bullied of course but I eventually learnt how to stand up for myself.

I love reading books as well and I've written two novels of my own ( which have to be rewritten to meet publishing standards) I've read the entire Harry Potter series, I love all of Roald Dahl, The Catcher In the Rye was a good book, Charles Dickens and of course Dan Brown, my favourite book by him was Angels and Demons, maybe because I read it first SPOILER ALERT: and he almost always has outrageous plot twists in his books, which become predictable after reading two or three. :D

I really want to own all U2 related books, Bono: In Conversation with Michka Assayas, U2 by U2, I was Bono's Doppelgänger, Until The End Of the world etc. I can only preview them on amazon :sigh: as my dad wouldn't approve of it :/

I discovered this site a year ago actually when I was searching for pictures of young Bono and found so many of them in the magnificent PLEBA forum :hyper: I only figured out how to register now, it seems like a very friendly community over here and I'm determined to make friends as I don't fit in much with my high school mates :/ their music preferences are different of course. Other bands I listen to are The Doors, The Beatles of course, The Script, Duran Duran, Vital Signs (an old Pakistani band)

So I guess I've talked quite a lot. I'm looking forward to knowing you all :applaud: Have a nice day :)

Wow, after 8 years in this place, finally another Pakistani U2 fan! I'm from Lahore!

Welcome! :wave:

I've been a fan of U2 since I was 11 years old, discovering them through the film Killing Bono

You're pretty young! It's always so refreshing to see young U2 fans. :up: You have a wonderful journey ahead of you, discovering the greatest band on the planet. :)

Right now I'm trying to download the Red Rocks concert of U2, and I don't have it on my PC cause the electricity keeps on going over here and something in the CPU blasted. I want to keep concerts and all on my ipad so when the electricity goes, I have Sth to do as its charged as my vacations are here. Anyone who can help me on this?

Right now I'm in the US getting my PhD, but I'm going back to Lahore this weekend for the summer. So I can send you concerts etc. if you want once I'm back.

I only figured out how to register now, it seems like a very friendly community over here

Hahaa.....it can get pretty grim in here when people start going at each other. :lol: But it's a great place. You'll discover so much more about U2 by being part of this community :)

Thank you so much for the warm welcome everyone! I'm actually becoming a bit emotional at all the positive response :)

Welcome. :wave: Interesting to read so much about you! May I ask why you call yourself JeanPierreClaud? Is that your real name? :wink:

Well, actually JeanPierreClaud is not my real name :wink: I once found out, that by googling my name, all the posts on most of the websites I was on appeared, some of my classmates then made fun of me and all... (Interests etc.) :scratch: So I thought that it's always good to maintain anonymity on the Internet in any case.

With regards to the story writing aspect I wrote about myself, I'd like to add that I believe that everyone has some talent which they are born with. It might not even be a talent, but just an interest, but it's always up to the person himself to exploit that interest or talent in order to move his life forward. I seriously wish to be a professional author, and with each story that I write, I will improve and discover various aspects of my capability. When I started out, I was horrible, of course that's what you'd expect from an 11 year old. I wrote a 200 page book in 4 months, sitting at the keyboard each day with a persistent desire to do what I was doing, And eventually I did it. When I started out my writing style was rather amateur but eventually through the book, it becomes apparent that it has started to develop. Everyone used to make fun of me, initially it put me down, but then it only spurred me to work on harder. If I had given up, I would not have had a proper direction. The purpose of mentioning all this isn't to boast; I might never even become an author for all anyone cares, I might end up somewhere else, but reality is that giving up on anything is never an option. I'm an idealist, I'm rarely pragmatic, and it does get me somewhere.

Another inspiring point: Bono had spent about 12 months writing the lyrics for the album of October until the briefcase they were in was stolen by fans at Portland, Oregon. He had very less time and eventually they did reconstruct again. In fact he wrote most of the lyrics at the mike. But if they had given up and broken up, and later had a look at all that had been awaiting them (the success of War, Red Rocks, Live Aid, The Joshua Tree which catapulted them to international fame and so on) how would they have felt?

We make our own destiny, we need to help ourselves. No one can complain that they don't have the materials or resources to do so. e.g u2's first song was written only on a few chords. No one even knew how to play initially. People said they were crap. Audiences threw cigarette ashes on their stage. But they worked hard to achieve the success they so well deservedly have.

I've lost quite a lot of stories of mine cause of the PC breakdown that I had, and my backup files were corrupted too. But I know that I can't give up (even though the desire to do so may be strong) Rewriting even a five page story you wrote with such perfection and passion or a whole novel can be heartbreaking believe it or not. In fact, I feel that I'm lost. But I really can't give up, inspired by how U2 never did :)

Wow, after 8 years in this place, finally another Pakistani U2 fan! I'm from Lahore!

Welcome! :wave:

Wow, it must be really cool to find another Pakistani fan. That too after 8 years in the place! How did you find this site, if I may ask? I've never been to Lahore, what sort of a place is it? I've heard loads about the cuisine over there.

You're pretty young! It's always so refreshing to see young U2 fans

Yeah :applaud: I'm 14 now. It's refreshing cause it's a sign that they're smart and good decision makers ;)

Right now I'm in the US getting my PhD, but I'm going back to Lahore this weekend for the summer. So I can send you concerts etc. if you want once I'm back.

Really? If you can do that, it would really turn my life around :hyper: Seriously. If so, how would you send them? Feel free to ask for my email address or anything else on private message.

I wish you all the best with your PHD :up: When did you leave Pakistan? 'Cause most students leave for undergraduate courses after applying for scholarships, and usually the rich ones don't have a problem, so if you don't mind me asking how are you managing your living expenses, maybe you have a job or sth?

Thanks for everything everyone :)

How did you find this site, if I may ask? I've never been to Lahore, what sort of a place is it? I've heard loads about the cuisine over there.

Honestly, I don't even remember how I came to know of Interference, it was so long ago. But it's a pretty popular fan forum (even The Edge knows of it! ;)).

Yea Lahore's the food capital of Pakistan. It's a great place. Very vibrant city. :)

Yeah :applaud: I'm 14 now. It's refreshing cause it's a sign that they're smart and good decision makers ;)

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom