Hi Everyone...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sylvia127

The Fly
I'm new to this board, but very long time fan of the Great Band. I'm Sylvia, living in Florida, and missing Upstate New York (especially with hurricane season waiting in the wings down here)

Still getting used to navigating and trying to put a smile. Right.........here ;)

Hello Sylvia! I live in the South too (don't say the "H" word!!) :wave:

Hi Everyone-Thanks for the welcome. To answer a few-I was born in Hempstead, Queens, but lived there only 9 months or so as my Dad was in the Air Force. So I can't claim to be a big city girl. I was raised in Upstate New York-in the Oneida County region-Barneveld/Holland Patent area. Has anyone heard of it? Utica usually gets a blank look-so I usually say, greater Syracuse area, and people say-Oh-Yeah! Carek-1230-what part of Upstate for you?

Syracuse U. is my alma mater, and grad school marked the migration south (University of So.Carolina) Imitating Scarlett O'Hara, I declared I'd NEVER live through another Upstate NY winter again.
Somehow, all these years later, I long for a (Sort of) Homecoming. I won't mention the southern taboo "word...." but let's just say: Snow falls-you plow it-it stays put-until it melts, in early May. Something to be said for that. Cheers all.

Sylvia127 said:
Hi Everyone-Thanks for the welcome. To answer a few-I was born in Hempstead, Queens, but lived there only 9 months or so as my Dad was in the Air Force. So I can't claim to be a big city girl. I was raised in Upstate New York-in the Oneida County region-Barneveld/Holland Patent area. Has anyone heard of it? Utica usually gets a blank look-so I usually say, greater Syracuse area, and people say-Oh-Yeah! Carek-1230-what part of Upstate for you?

Syracuse U. is my alma mater, and grad school marked the migration south (University of So.Carolina) Imitating Scarlett O'Hara, I declared I'd NEVER live through another Upstate NY winter again.
Somehow, all these years later, I long for a (Sort of) Homecoming. I won't mention the southern taboo "word...." but let's just say: Snow falls-you plow it-it stays put-until it melts, in early May. Something to be said for that. Cheers all.

I have friends from Utica so I know a little about that area. I'm from Niagara Falls, I guess it's about 4 hours away.

katiebu21 said:

I have friends from Utica so I know a little about that area. I'm from Niagara Falls, I guess it's about 4 hours away.

:yes: It is about four hours away, I live near Utica :D and I grew up right near NF and I saw U2 in Buffalo in Dec., and my dad and I had to drive through all the snow for four hours :angry: :heart:

Of course, it was worth it :combust:

Back
Top Bottom