Hey, what's up everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SiW87

Acrobat
Wide Awake in the City Of Blinding Lights
Hey guys!

First of all I want to say that is one hell of an impressive forum. I’ve been reading all throughout it for some time now and see that this is definitely a great place. I never really got around to registering until now. But wow, cool place.

Anyways, let me tell you a little about myself:

First time I ever heard U2, or heard of them, was when I was about 6 years old, and it was when my dad played I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For in my house. I still remember that moment pretty clear, and remember thinking that it was one of the coolest songs – or sounds for that matter, which I ever heard. I’m glad that I can actually pinpoint an exact moment the first time I was introduced to the boys.

But anyways, afterwards I heard a lot of their popular songs in the late 90s, but for some odd reason I really didn’t get into them immediately. Then I watched the Superbowl halftime show and knew for a -fact- that these guys weren’t just a fluke band. It was the greatest and most moving performance I have ever seen, even to this day, and it separated them from the ordinary to the absolutely astonishing rock and roll bands of our time.

So I decided to check them out. Years later, after I bought all their albums, I’m still shocked about how phenomenal these guys are. I know it seems a bit late compared to everyone else in the forum but hey, you gotta start somewhere right?

Anyways, years later I’m a pretty huge fan. I’m going to see them this fall in Houston, both Miami shows, and St. Petersburg.

I can hardly wait!

Glad to meet all of you, and I’ll see you around!
-Peter

Hey there. Since I'm a new guy around here, too, I thought I would say hello. Also, we're both Texans. :) I live in California now, but will always love my home state. Thanks for sharing your story and take care!

BTW, I'm jealous that you are seeing them so many times. Wish I could. :sigh:

MCF74 said:
Hey there. Since I'm a new guy around here, too, I thought I would say hello. Also, we're both Texans. :) I live in California now, but will always love my home state. Thanks for sharing your story and take care!

BTW, I'm jealous that you are seeing them so many times. Wish I could. :sigh:

I know how ya feel bud, I'm in Florida right now... soon to be going to school, and I miss Houston. But wherever I end up, Texas will always be my home as well. :up:

Back
Top Bottom