Hey people! I need some help.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oneflick

The Fly
Hello fellow U2 lovers, good to see there are so many (like i didnt know anyway...der!)
I live in Adelaide, South Australia and Im in a bit of a panic because I have heard nothing of any tour news for the Southern Hemisphoid...... Does anyone know if the lads are planning a trip to Oz or if they were going to and cancelled or anything, ANYTHING!!!!! Please! I missed out on the last tour due to lack of funds... I DO NOT want to miss this one! :huh:

Any info would be much appreciated, thankyou

Cheers

If u like U2, you might like.......

superluxtheband

Ok, i get the feeling I have launched into HELP! mode too soon and should introduce myself better.

Im from little old Adelaide in SA and U2 have been my musical inspiration since 1987 when I was 11 and Joshua Tree came out. Bono's passionately expressive voice has guided me through some difficult times and I know I could probably never thank him enough for it.
I lived in Dublin for 4 months during 2001/02 and paid a visit to his house in Killiney in the rare hope I may be asked in for a cup of tea! Wishful thinking I know! It was a pleasure just to read the inscriptions on his giant bronzed gates!
In 1997, I was the lead singer for a U2 cover band called Zoo2. After playing to 2000 people for a St Patricks Day street party, I left the band because I found I wasnt listening to my U2 CDs anymore and that just would not do!

I am now the lead singer of a band called Superlux here in Adelaide and we have just released a 6 song EP (some would say slightly influenced by U2! - samples at superluxtheband.com - shameless plug alert!)

So thats me and I hope to read a whole heap about other U2 fans and engage in some healthy banter on all things "greatest band ever" with fellow forum members! thanks for reading.....

Oneflick

Hey SoBe! thanks for replying.... I was starting to wonder if I had broken protocol or something by launching into my help question - its just that i SO want to see them tour this album (Missed out on Elevation and Popmart) and cant find any news anywhere!

Hope you like the tunes on the site - thanks for noticing.....
What are your U2 experiences? Concerts?

Sadly, I've never been to see the guys in concert. :( I've been a fan since I was 15 years old (1986).

I'm hoping and praying I can see them in St. Louis this December. *fingers crossed*

Thats a shame - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Hey, I "lived" in St Louis for 9 days with my fiance's uncle back in '02!

Whats yer fave Album & Song (can u have just 1?)

Wow guys! I feel VERY welcome! :hug:
Thankyou very much for your compliments on the Superlux tunes - Im very appreciative of anyone who takes a moment to have a listen.....

SoBe, I love AB as well - i have probbly listened to that album more than nearly any album in my life but I would have to say that my sentimental fave would be Joshua Tree..... I am loving the new album too, gives me goosebumps to know they are still so bloody good!

If anyone is interested in buying a Superlux EP, PM me your details and I will work out the exchange rate (AUS$12.50) and send one to wherever you are.

Thanks heaps for the welcome - I look forward to spending a lot of "work" time on the forums!

Cheers :rockon:

Apology: OK, i just happened upon some forum rules and realised that my shameless self-promotion of Superlux is probably against the rules - sorry, wont happen again. When i finally get around to becoming a Premium member I'll just put the link in my sig.

Last edited:
Thanks Beli - i hope its true.... :hmm:
This time Im goin to Sydney!

Hope you can make it from Perth......

Hey welcome, fellow Adelaidian!

I thought your band name sounded familiar, and when I saw your site I knew I'd seen you on Ch 31! Looks like I missed your last gig but I'll keep an eye out for future dates.

See you around! (on here and in town maybe?)

Hey BlueEyedGirl! :wave:

Nice to meet you - good to hear someone actually watches CH 31 too! We are having a couple of months break from gigging at the moment (which sucks quite badly!) cos a couple of us are going away..... We'll be back at it late June and recording again too....

Did u see U2 when they were here in 93?

:rockon:

Taking a break? Bummer, looking forward to seeing your band, but good news about recording! :)

As for U2, I'm proud to have seen them every time they've been in Australia, going back to '84 (yes, I'm THAT old! :wink: ) I saw them at the shit hole that is Football Park and I was quite disappointed with the gig - I thought the band were not really firing that night, and the crowd, well, where I was anyway, had just been dug up from the nearest cemetery they were so dead. I went to see them in Sydney the next week, THAT was brilliant.

Also saw Popmart in Sydney - what a great week that was, U2, Oasis and Mardi Gras! :rockon:

If you go to Band Sightings and Meetings, you'll find my longwinded account of my meeting with Bono!!!! :lol:

:shocked:
I am SO bloody jealous!!!
I was only 8 in '84 and hadnt yet caught the U2 bug but was bitterly disappointed about missing the Love Town show - I had only just discovered the band and being only 12 or 13, I hadnt started going to concerts yet :sad:

I have much better memories of 93 by the sounds of it - but Im sure time has glorified some of them - I was one of the 1st 10 people who camped out all night with about 50 other people, playing U2 songs on the guitar, drinking, smoking blah blah - by the time I got home from the concert 38 hours later I was so weak! :drunk:

Where were u in the crowd? I was in the front corner to the left of stage where it met the catwalk......

I will now go and read yer thread on meeting Bono and have a good cry about the fact he was not home (or ignoring me) when I rang the intercom at his house in Killiney...... :sigh:

Hey Blueeyedgirl, I cant seem to find it - I have to stop reading other people's too!
What is the thread called?

Ringing the intercom!!! Be thankful he didn't set the dogs on you :wink: :wink:

Nah, I was up the back for Zoo (well, waiting outside for soundcheck means you can't line up!) I did the whole camp out thing for Lovetown, and when you've had the automatic sprinklers come on at 1.00 am outside Memorial Drive, the whole thing tends to lose its gloss.....:crack:

I don't think getting U2 tickets will ever be like it was in '84 - go to Myer at 8.30 am, line up at the BASS outlet with 15 or so people and get SECOND ROW CENTRE TICKETS!!!! :combust: :combust: Not to blow my own horn or anything.......

:wink:

I camped at West Lakes Mall with 2 other lads i didnt know! I just had a jacket and newspapers for warmth....

FUN!!!
:huh:

oneflick said:
I camped at West Lakes Mall with 2 other lads i didnt know! I just had a jacket and newspapers for warmth....

FUN!!!
:huh:

You sir, are a fool and I applaud you :applaud:

(you coulda taken a sleeping bag at least!)
:wink:

You know, now that you say that, I may have had a really crappy one.... I cant remember!

I remember spending most of the night taking turns on one of the dude's bikes and blitzing around the mall to keep warm!

.... and yes, I am a fool :yes: :rockon:

*Vision of a bloke on a bike hooning round DJ's, KMart and McDonalds at 3.00 am....*

oneflick said:
I remember spending most of the night taking turns on one of the dude's bikes and blitzing around the mall to keep warm!

.... and yes, I am a fool :yes: :rockon:

Yep, you got that right!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

It was all worth it!
One of the best nights of my life by far...... the concert that is :rockon: - not the Freezing-weird-icicle-toes-cycle-blitzing-burning-bin campout! :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom