hellooo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lizzy_d

Babyface
Ah, took me a while to think up a subject there... normally I'd have dropped a 'hello, hello' but clicked that'd probably been done...!

Hello, anyhows! My name's Liz, Elizabeth, any variation on above. I'm 19, live in Oxford, UK. I'm just finishing my Gap year (between finishing high school and going to university), and I'm off to Cambridge University at the end of September (worry worry) to study Theology.

I'm a baby U2 Fan, having only properly started listening last year, when HTDAAB was released (despite having had mini-crushes on every song of theirs that hit the radio since I can remember... duh!)

Had a very strange turnaround; I'd got, 'Stuck in a Moment' in my head - for no reason, I wasn't really into the band, one evening before I went out. Had a pretty nasty experience with someone spiking my drink with one of the date-rape drugs, and post all the paramedics etc. I had a few days where I really struggled to get over the panic and the total memory loss of the hours after it'd happened. One memory I could still grab from the evening was, 'Stuck in a Moment', so I went out and bought the album to try and trigger anything else. As a wonderful side effect the music really picked me up, helped me get my confidence back without too much crisis.

Quickly realised they were something special and, armed with a few months paycheques, went out and bit by bit bought all the albums, and listened to one a week until I'd caught up! Was so lucky, got to see them in London in June, def. the best live band I've ever seen.

Post-uni I hope to get into Aid work abroad, so the charidee and spirituality was something that really got me into the band... I was listening to their music at a rocky spiritual point, when I was coming up to being received into the Catholic church, and was totally full of questions. Bono's down to earth, no nonsense attitude to God and religion really helped me out.

*Takes a breath*

That's about it! I'm off for a browse. This is a wonderful forum, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Back
Top Bottom