Hello! It's my first day here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HowthGirl

The Fly
Hello! I have been reading the forum for a few days now, and today I got started with a membership! :wave:

It's a great website, this!:applaud:

My name is Jenny, and I'm 32 and I live in sunny FL, USA. I was born a Philly Chick, and moved from Pennsylvania to Florida 11 years ago. I'm married, to a darling guy named Kevin. We got married in 1996. He's wonderful AND a fellow U2 fan! We honeymooned in London and Dublin, and he happily accompanied me on all stops of the Dublin U2 Pilgrimage.

I first become a happily devoted U2 fan in early December of 1984. I was 12. the song was "Do They Know It's Christmas" I heard it and saw the video, and promptly fell in love with Bono and with Bob Geldof. :heart:

This news may have crushed my up-til-that-moment-future-husbad, Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) but he took the news bravely. :cute:

Band-Aid, and the acts involved were my intro to music AND to getting involved and trying to make a difference.

Anyhow, I was hooked as a fan. Then came the following summer and Live Aid...and watching Bono, and hearing the band...my little then-13 year old heart was forever smitten.

I grew up with this band, and I love them. They are the best band in the world, with the coolest fans!

I have seen them 12 times live, and despite the current ticket fiasco, I can't wait to see them in the fall when they get to FL.

Over the years I have been lucky enough to share love of U2, and all kinds of wonderful experience with my 3 Best Girlfriends and Fellow U2 Devotees, Tina, Kelly and Phyllis.

Now, Kevin and I get to share it, too.

Kev and I also do animal rescue work. We have 4-legged kids...16 cats who we love and who are our babies.

I am a freelance writer. I love music, and singing, and reading,and letter writing, and writing in general, and working with animals, and taking walks, and being by the ocean, and going to the theatre and concerts and movies when I can.

I have been lucky enough to go to Ireland 4 times. 1990, 1991, 1994 and 1996. My user name is because Howth is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen, and I felt at home there the first time I ever went. I love Ireland, and Dublin especially,and Howth most of all.

Ok, that's enough outta me! Thanks for letting me be a part of the Forum! I'm really glad to be here! :dance:

Peace,

Jenny

:wave:

Hiya, tiny dancer! (Is that as in Elton John's song? Cool!)

Thanks so much for the nice greeting!:)

I hope all is not too cold up there in PA! My Dad and sister are still in Philly - they said the last week has been freezing!

This is such an awesome website - I am very glad to be here and to meet all of you!:D :wave:

Have a lovely evening!

Peace,

Jenny

Hi people, this is my very first time using this type of chat, but being a huge U2 fan I thought that it would be nice to meet up with people that are like minded. I'm in Newcastle on the East Coast of Australia & would like to say a big "hello" to you all spread around in different parts of the world :0)

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention a bit about myself. I work with young people with intellectual disablities as a trainer, which I love. I have 3 sons all grown up now.

I have been to Ireland twice, for six weeks in 2000 & fell in love with the place so much that I had to go back the second time in 2002 & stayed for six months. Looking forward to going back again & again as well. (They will be sick of me!) Have some brilliant friends in Ireland & love the ole irish craic. It get's into your blood!

I'm a frustrated poet & song writer that hasn't yet had the guts to do anything with my stuff. But would love to do something with it before I get too old. I like to sing, but mainly in the shower & oh yeah when I get into the mood I strum my guitar or play a tin whistle or small flute that I bought for $2.95 at a music festival.

My favourite U2 song signifies my life to now I think " I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" I figure if the shoe fits, wear it! Anyway it's some ungodly hour here in Oz, so I better get on to bed. Cheers to you all & mind yourselves. Good night from me! Chez :0)

Back
Top Bottom