hello, helloo!-caution, during this thread you might be exposed to POP controversy !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

all_i_want

Refugee
Hey everyone!

Im pretty new here, so before I start rambling about myself I thought id let you know of my allegiances to several of the albums.. i can see some people go :eyebrow:

I am one of those fans U2 picked up with ATYCLB. I know what a lot of people think of ATYCLB around here, but let me state that I love that album not only on its own merits but cause of the fact that it was the first U2 album ive bought.

I am more of a 90s kid (yeah... nirvana, converse shoes and MTV) so i dont really have most of the 80s catalog, with the exceptions of JT and Rattle & Hum. So the next couple of sentences would come off as no surprise.

I love the 90s. I love POP. I admire its ambition. I am proud of U2 for having that album in their catalog.

Anyway, with that out of the way, I can move on to things that'll create less controversy here. I am a college student (a junior now) from Turkey, Im studying business (Peeling off.. is amazing an amazing place btw!) and I also work as a DJ in a local radio station here. I present the rock show, so I can sort of dictate the policy on rock programming :wink: Vertigo topped our alternative chart for 3 weeks now and has been lingering around top 5 for nearly 2 months now.

Thats it for now. Glad to be here. This is the most amazing fan community Ive ever seen, even better than my show's :p

Love this place.

Cheers!

You'll love this place. This place is awesome.

BTW, I am still listening to ATYCLB in my car. I can't get tired of that album. Simply brilliant, heartfelt, soulful, rocking. It runs the gamut of emotions for me.

Welcome. I'm with you on the POP album - although not my favorite album by any means I'm sick and tired of all these so called "fans" always shitting on it. Three of my Top 20 U2 songs are part of POP..."Please" Gone" and "Wake Up Dead Man". Hope they include a couple of POP songs on this upcoming tour.

Back
Top Bottom