Hello Hello I'm at a place called Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Hi everyone! I spose you've heard all this before, but yes I am new! :D Feel free to call me Daniel, as COBT may become annoying! :D:p

I have been a U2 fan for a while, but only got really into them this year. I brought How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb at Christmas and All That You Can't Leave Behind earlier this year.

Yesterday I brought the 80-90 best of, and it is really good!

Fav song is City Of Blinding Lights, who here agrees?:)

Cya next post, ;)

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I'm pretty new here too! You'll find the people here are very
friendly.
City of Blinding Lights is a great U2 song.
I have a hard time picking a favorite song because, I love so many of them.
Hope to see you around!:wave:

Hiya Daniel! :wave:

"City Of Blinding Lights" is probably my favorite song off the new album. :D That and :Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own."

Eh, I'm not picky! I love ALL their songs! :lol:

You'll have a great time here. Welcome aboard! :)

Greetings Mr COBL_04,

Welcome to the interference family. We are a pretty understanding and accepting bunch here. So don't expect any excessive heckling regarding you're nations convict past, tendancies towards sheep or lack of U2 concerts. If this occours, please, take it in you're stride.

Now, if I may, please allow me to introduce you to a few of the colourful members around here at interference:

:drool: - Stevie Saliva - Or colloquially known as the "Drooling Smiley". This is probably the most overused smiley here at interference. It's most common use is "ACROBAT LIvE!!@#!!11 OMFG:drool: :drool: :drool: ". Sure Acrobat would be bliss live, but there is no need to salivate on the keyboard... it's a health hazard.

:huh: - Henri Whaddafukayasayen? - This smiley is drastically underrated. It is generally used to express confusion or disbelief in a post somone has made. Very few people know how to use this effectively, so allow me to give you an example of propper use "What do you mean The Unforgettable Fire is better than Achtung Baby, are you on crack Axver? :huh: "

:bow: - The Worshiper - Lastly The Worshiper was designed purely for any references The Edge :bow:, should be immediatly be followed with The Worshiper. Failure to do so will result in immediate dismissal.

Thanks again, and I hope you have a great time here at interference.

timothius

P.S... PLEBA - you might want to steer clear of there, just a heads up on that one. It's for you're own sanity, trust me.

:lmao:

Is this a correct way of using :bow:? - to timothius' great reply - :bow:

:D Say all you want about our convict past, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the Europeans! (I respect all Aboriginals)

Notice how sheep shearers all have a sort of really deep dopey voice like, "wha...huh...yeah...oh i'm just shearin' me sheep mate" New Zealanders hate the sheep thing more anyway :lol: but I'm not going to tease anyone because I don't like to stir up conflict and CERTAINLY don't want people to take things the wrong way.

Lack of U2 concerts I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with. The Veritgo Tour is rumoured to be in Jan 2006, that's if they even come. Not like any Aussies are going to know who they are, such is the lack of promotion here.

I've been a member for less than a week and I can already see that the drool smilie is over used. For example, the Hottest Chick Around thread. There was a distinct lack of everything there, except for :drool:'s and pictures of scantily clad women (but I'm not complaining about that!:D)

:huh: I've heard reports of the PLEBA forum, but whats wrong with it? Isn't it just for talking about members of the band?

:) Thanks everyone! :)

COBL_04 said:
:lmao:

:D Say all you want about our convict past, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the Europeans! (I respect all Aboriginals)

Notice how sheep shearers all have a sort of really deep dopey voice like, "wha...huh...yeah...oh i'm just shearin' me sheep mate" New Zealanders hate the sheep thing more anyway :lol: but I'm not going to tease anyone because I don't like to stir up conflict and CERTAINLY don't want people to take things the wrong way.

Lack of U2 concerts I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with. The Veritgo Tour is rumoured to be in Jan 2006, that's if they even come. Not like any Aussies are going to know who they are, such is the lack of promotion here.

I've been a member for less than a week and I can already see that the drool smilie is over used. For example, the Hottest Chick Around thread. There was a distinct lack of everything there, except for :drool:'s and pictures of scantily clad women (but I'm not complaining about that!:D)

:huh: I've heard reports of the PLEBA forum, but whats wrong with it? Isn't it just for talking about members of the band?

:) Thanks everyone! :)

I should come clean... I'm a Kiwi living in Australia. Thus being a Kiwi, I like to joke around, be sarcastic and have a dominating Rugby Union team.

The Hottest Chick Thread... thats the thing about this place... you come for the U2, but I think most stay for the sideshows. The company here is great, The Lemonaide Stand has some of the best threads ever. Attractive women arent only confined to that thread there are quite a few georgous ladies that post here as well apparently.

Vertigo should land early 2006 I would suspect. Should be a good time for all involved, it's a pity a few things didnt fall together as I would've liked or I wouldve been hitting Europe around now... but thats neither here nor there.

Harae Rae Bro... catch you in the forums.

P.S... PLEBA - I'm glad you heeded my warning and have not entered. The rumours you here are true... no man who enters ever comes out the same again. The description is harmless enough... post photos of you're favourite band. Huzzah. But it's just a trap to get you into there convoluted web of lust, erotica & fantasy. And as you have already found... the best place for this is the hottest chick thread.:wink:

COBL_04 said:

I think the only aussies that would be at the shows, if they didnt promote when the tour was announced would be us Interfence members and people who check out other u2 fan sites....

Hey, it would be easy to meet up that way :)

Heya Daniel, :wave: welcome to another Aussie! (I'm in Adelaide) With any luck we'll sign up so many we'll outnumber all other nationalities (already beaten the Kiwis, like that was going to be hard! :lol: ) Have fun!

bono_man2002 said:

I think the only aussies that would be at the shows, if they didnt promote when the tour was announced would be us Interfence members and people who check out other u2 fan sites....

Hey, it would be easy to meet up that way :)

Very true, a good point! I can see it now - Bono yells out off stage - "is there anyone out there today?"

Then about 10 or so people just yell.

#1bonofan said:

How is everything down under?

Things down here are pretty good actually, although the weather isn't great. I've just finished a two week period of work experience at a primary school and will surely give the sterotypical answer to teachers when they ask how was work expreience - "I think its made me a better person and gave me an insight of what work is like"

You guys will find out soon I am very sarcastic and not very funny at all. :D

We have just had two boxers lose within a span of a week - what does that tell you?

Hello Hello:wave:

Another in Perth. Yes it would be nice if U2 did come to Aus. And, it would be feckin better if they came to this side of the island.

COBL_04 said:
:

My friend lives in NZ and is a big U2 fan. He didn't even know there was a new album until I told him on the phone about 2 months ago!

Back
Top Bottom