Hello hello from Germany

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loftarasa

The Fly
I'm actually a newbie to U2 as it just made "click" with me in April last year.

I don't know why but I am totally obsessed with U2 since I found some live bootlegs back then and decided to give them a listen - I was totally amazed by the live energy and all that, and then I spent some time devoted to watching some live videos on youtube and read about songs and their meanings, so yeah, I don't really know why but suddenly I was like "Wow, THIS is it! That's the kind of music and band that appeals to me the most in this time of my life!".
Before it was Alanis Morissette and Sigur Rós, but hence you haven't heard anything new by Alanis for the last 2-3 years, and as Sigur will be in my heart forever anyways, U2 was a fresh discovery I didn't expect to experience and take in in such a deep way, so yay for that!

Before April I of course knew the popular songs but was rather a 'moderate' fan/listener/appreciator of their music - well, the songs that I knew, the 80s-greatest hits basically and then the 2000+ stuff - I can't believe I never got into "Achuntg Baby" before although I had it for years. Same with their latest album "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb"...Knowing only "Vertigo" I thought they just were a cool rock group with a kind of niveau left from the 80s (lyrics wise - I didn't know songs like "Crumbs From Your Table", "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own", or "Fast Cars"). I was so wrong and am about to make up for everything I missed the last couple of years. Places like u2start.com and u2torrents.com are pure heaven if you know what I mean. And now I'm looking forward to maybe finding my 3rd most favourite place to visit u2-wise right here ;)...

Oh, maybe some info yet:
My name is Katja, I'm a 24 years old and am about to start the second part of my teacher-trainee this month.

My fave U2 song is BAD, top 3 albums by U2 are AB, ATYCLB, TJT. Sadly I never attended a concert so far.

Hey Katja! could you might be the same Loftarasa as from lastfm? because if you are, then I've spoken to you over there! I could be wrong though, but anyway it's nice to see you around!
I'm Ida, who also likes Sigur Rós :)

Idun said:
Hey Katja! could you might be the same Loftarasa as from lastfm? because if you are, then I've spoken to you over there! I could be wrong though, but anyway it's nice to see you around!
I'm Ida, who also likes Sigur Rós :)

hehe nice, yeah i am! so you're zooidun over there, right ?
cheers!

:wink: Guten Tag Katja! i too, am taking training to be a teacher! Although I have been a fan for alot longer....since 1981!! At least you DID discover them and now you can love even more of their music! Enjoy yourself here!:yes: :up:

Back
Top Bottom