Hello from USA! Down South that is.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

USAU2fan1

The Fly
Hello to everyone!

I wanted to introduce myself to everyone here and say hello! My name is Chuck and I live in Arkansas, which is in the Southern USA. Home of President Bill Clinton and all that. haha Remember when the USA had GOOD Presidents?? LOL

I have been a U2 fan since my older sister listened to WAR when I was younger. I am slightly obsessed with Bono, and wish I WAS a member of U2! haha I'm a part time youth minister here in the USA and a college student - married with kids.

I LOVE U2's music and have a hard time picking my "favorite" albums and songs. One week my favorite album will be All That You Can't Leave Behind, and the next week it will be POP, then Actung Baby. haha I can't possibly choose because I love them all.

I have been a bit of a collector of U2 live albums over the years, and don't have much "memorabilia" but have decided that I might start collecting a bit of Bono's stuff. Such as the Sunglasses that Bono wears, the equipment that Bono uses onstage, and maybe the boots he wears and the jackets he has custom made! What U2 fan hasn't always wanted a pair of "Fly" sunglasses and all that?

Well, anyway I wanted to introduce myself to everyone and say hello. Thanks for having me. I hope to get to know you all and learn more great stuff about U2 and other U2 fans all around the world!

Sincerely,

Chuck from the USA!

:dance:

Hello Laura. Thanks for the kind welcome. Hello Tiny Dancer! Great to be here. I have spent a few hours today reading all the older posts that I could. I have SO many questions. haha

Thanks again for the great welcome. I can't wait to get to know everyone.

Thanks Carack, thanks Bonochick! Great to be here. I am learning all kinds of awesome things I didn't know about U2! This board is amazing!

---Thanks again!

--Chuckster

hahaha WHOOO PIG, SOOOOOIEEE! Thats too funny brother, I had NO idea there would be a fellow Arkansasian on here! (I think I just invented a new word!)

Glad that I found this forum man, I can NOT tell you how much fun I've had reading all the posts and seeing everyone's love of U2!!!

Now if I can just get my collection of "U2 Stuff" started with a bang! haha

Right now I am on the hunt for the "deep red" Armani sunglasses Bono wears. They are not easy to find, at least not in Arkansas!

:hyper:

Welcome, I'm from arkansas too! It's good to see another arkie on here.
go hogs!

hahaha WHOOO PIG, SOOOOOIEEE! Thats too funny brother, I had NO idea there would be a fellow Arkansasian on here! (I think I just invented a new word!)
:hyper:
it's "sister" actually, haha. Yeah, for some reason it's hard to find fellow U2 fans in this state. Probably because they've never been here! Have you seen any shows? I went to the dallas vertigo show in 2005.

Alas, I have only actually seen U2 in Memphis on the POP tour. We were so close to Bono on the 2nd stage, that we could see his breath and see the color of his eyes. I am telling you, that man is awesome. I had a blast! LOL

I wanted to see them on all the other tours, but money has been a big thing for a college student and married father.

Now that I am ALMOST done with college, I think we will be seeing them on this tour in either Dallas, Atlanta, or Memphis if they come. We will just have to wait and see where they are going to play. But my wife and I have already decided to go to this tour!

I am so crazy excited about the new album! You don't even know! haha Well, maybe you do!

If there is a concert close, we should all try to get together!!!!!

Hello Mr. Arkansas, home of President Bill Clinton :wave:. I live in Tennessee, home of Vice President Al Gore :up:.

You said you attended a POP concert in Memphis, so that was around......the late 90s? I was living in Memphis during that time and don't remember U2 ever going there. Did they perform at the Liberty Bowl?

I remember when they were in Downtown Memphis during the JT tour (I loved the part when Edge was sliding down the hill near I-55, and theTN/AR bridge was lit up :drool:). For the life of me, I do not remember them being in Memphis in the late 90s :hmm:.

Alas, I have only actually seen U2 in Memphis on the POP tour. We were so close to Bono on the 2nd stage, that we could see his breath and see the color of his eyes. I am telling you, that man is awesome. I had a blast! LOL

I wanted to see them on all the other tours, but money has been a big thing for a college student and married father.

Now that I am ALMOST done with college, I think we will be seeing them on this tour in either Dallas, Atlanta, or Memphis if they come. We will just have to wait and see where they are going to play. But my wife and I have already decided to go to this tour!

I am so crazy excited about the new album! You don't even know! haha Well, maybe you do!

If there is a concert close, we should all try to get together!!!!!
I am using vacation days to see them on tour again. I attended 2 Vertigo shows in Chicago....best concerts ever!:up:

You know, it could have been in Arkansas, but I will have to find my old ticket stub.

Sad that I have been to SO many concerts, that the ONE U2 concert I have seen I can't remember the actual venue.

But I have been to over 75 concerts now, so I get confused. I have seen Van Halen and Sammy Hagar 16 times. I have seen other bands like Dave Matthews Band, ZZ top, and a few others over a dozen times. I LOVE live shows.

After I got married, we had trouble paying for that many concerts so.... hahaha

Ill check my ticket stub. It's here somewhere!

Hello Mr. Arkansas, home of President Bill Clinton :wave:. I live in Tennessee, home of Vice President Al Gore :up:.

You said you attended a POP concert in Memphis, so that was around......the late 90s? I was living in Memphis during that time and don't remember U2 ever going there. Did they perform at the Liberty Bowl?

I remember when they were in Downtown Memphis during the JT tour (I loved the part when Edge was sliding down the hill near I-55, and theTN/AR bridge was lit up :drool:). For the life of me, I do not remember them being in Memphis in the late 90s :hmm:.

You know, it could have been in Arkansas, but I will have to find my old ticket stub.

Sad that I have been to SO many concerts, that the ONE U2 concert I have seen I can't remember the actual venue.

But I have been to over 75 concerts now, so I get confused. I have seen Van Halen and Sammy Hagar 16 times. I have seen other bands like Dave Matthews Band, ZZ top, and a few others over a dozen times. I LOVE live shows.

After I got married, we had trouble paying for that many concerts so.... hahaha

Ill check my ticket stub. It's here somewhere!
You are correct. U2 performed in May of 1997 at the Liberty Bowl in Midtown Memphis, near the Fairgrounds :up:.

Back
Top Bottom