Hello from Toronto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anici_To

Babyface
Hello everybody,

I'm new to the forum but not a new U2 fan... I cannot believe that it's been 13 years on April 1st (and no, that's not a joke) when I "decided" I'm a U2 fan. I liked their music before... well the few songs that actually got through the "new democracy confusion" back home. I searched and skipped classes just to make it to the one music store that had just received some U2 tapes ... oh, the treasures, the delight, the mind blowing sounds, that amazing voice, those mesmerizing blue eyes!!... and THEN, on 1st of April, 1995 a national tv channel actually played the ZooTV Live in Sidney... OMG! I had to see it, without the comments of anybody of my family (I love them but they couldn't understand the fascination.... it has changed since then hehe :wink: :applaud:) so I sent everybody to bed (and I must have said it in a tone that even my dad listened??!!!??) not to sleep but just to be away cos I had the music all cranked up ... and I fell in love with the music, the boys, with The Fly, with the concert, with all those words flashing in front of me .... and the love is still as strong as before!

Now i live in Canada... and looking for people (not just in Toronto) that share my fascination for U2. I can't wait for the new album, the new tour, the fans I meet at 4am in front of the stadium or arena like at the other concerts I've been too... I have goosebumps already!

Well, I just wanted to say hello... so ... "Hello! Hello!":wave:

Ani

Hello everybody,

I'm new to the forum but not a new U2 fan... I cannot believe that it's been 13 years on April 1st (and no, that's not a joke) when I "decided" I'm a U2 fan.

Hello, soulmate...I also celebrated my 13 years of U2 fandom on April 1st. :ohmy: On that day in 1995, I got a copy of The Joshua Tree and fell in love. :D

Hello, soulmate...I also celebrated my 13 years of U2 fandom on April 1st. :ohmy: On that day in 1995, I got a copy of The Joshua Tree and fell in love. :D

Oh my, that IS interesting! I'm loving it! Who gave you the album? Have you thanked him/her yet? :cute:

Where abouts are you?

Ani

I live about five to six hours away from you :shifty:

Welcome!! :D

Ah, it feels so good to reconnect with fellow U2 fans! I've missed talking to people who actually want to talk about U2 (all of my friends, colleagues here are pretty much into Britney and Lindsay etc etc ).

Are you in Canada or the US?

Oh my, that IS interesting! I'm loving it! Who gave you the album? Have you thanked him/her yet? :cute:

Where abouts are you?

Ani

It was from my parents. They belonged to a CD club and let me pick one of their free selections they had coming. I didn't know what to pick and saw The Joshua Tree, remembering that I'd seen that vinyl in their collection. I asked them if it was any good, and they said yes. I figured if I didn't like it, they could have it. That wasn't an issue though...and I stole their vinyl. :wink:

I'm in Michigan. :)

Hahahah... loved the "stole the vinyl" part.... whatever it takes to have anything to do with U2, right?!

Ah, it feels so good to reconnect with fellow U2 fans! I've missed talking to people who actually want to talk about U2 (all of my friends, colleagues here are pretty much into Britney and Lindsay etc etc ).

Are you in Canada or the US?

I know! That's why I'm on here! My friends don't like U2 so I have no one to talk too!

I'm right beside Ottawa, on the Québec side! :)

Thanks for all the welcome! I do wonder: do people say anything more then just hi over here?:wink::wave:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom