Hello from the Chicago area, IL, USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BearsFan34

The Fly
Hi there fellow U2 fans.

I've been browsing these forums off/on for about 5-6 years, and am a member of several U2 Yahoo! Groups, but registered here officially just recently.

I've been a U2 fan since 1986, back in grade school (eesh...I'm getting old).

My first U2 show was ZooTV Outside Broadcast in 1992 at the World Music Theater (opening night in CHI). I saw PoPMart in Chicago in 1997 (opening night in CHI).

When I lived in Florida for 3 years, I saw the opening tour date for Elevation in Miami in March 2001. Saw 'em again in Tampa in December later that year, the 2nd-to-last show of the tour.

And finally, saw Vertigo Chicago 4, possibly the best show of the tour (to this point).

I'm a guy who MUST have an audio copy of each show I attend, and I have one of each of the above shows EXCEPT for the ZooTV show (apparently 9.15.92 wasn't recorded; :( instead, I have a copy of a show in CHI from a few days later). I will probably offer up a few of these shows in the future, returning the favor that another U2 friend of mine did for me several years ago.

Anyway, just wanted to make things official. It was time to stop "lurking." I've read this forum with satisfaction, and have received many tips & help with all things U2 in the past. So, thanks...to everyone that's been insightful & helpful. Actually, this forum helped me find the CHI 4 Vertigo bootleg...so for that me & those in my family who went to that show with me are VERY thankful.

It seems like folks are pretty welcoming 'round these parts...and I'm looking forward to participating in a few conversations here & there in the future.

God Bless,

BearsFan34

Welcome aboard!!!

p.s I will be in Chicago in 2 weeks!! off to a wedding in Madison and having a few days in Chicago before and after

Hello fellow Flatlander :wave: Been a fan since '83 but signed up here in January.

Last edited:
matt76 said:
Welcome aboard!!!

p.s I will be in Chicago in 2 weeks!! off to a wedding in Madison and having a few days in Chicago before and after
Suppose you mean Madison WI? Grew up there - nice city :up:

Back
Top Bottom