Hello from Sweden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MalinF

Babyface
Hi everyone,

I'm so happy I found this forum, and I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself!

U2 used to be one of the two bands in the world I really couldn't stand (the other one being Red Hot Chili Peppers). Seeing "Sunday Bloody Sunday" on MTV changed that, and I basically became a U2 fan overnight in the spring of 1993, at the age of 16. U2 were my everything for the three years that followed.

Despite moving on to other artists at the end of the 90's, I remained a U2 fan, although not as obsessed as I used to be. Very recently, I've rediscovered some "old favorites", U2 included. I think it's really fantastic the way in which it's possible to find your way back to music that you have so many wonderful memories to, discovering the newer albums (mainly How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb in the U2 case) while you're at it. :) I'd say I'm a complete nutcase when it comes to U2 right now. I feel like I'm 16 again, lol...

Music is my main interest in life. Some of my other favorites throughout the years include Bruce Springsteen, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Sting, Sakis Rouvas, Mike & The Mechanics, Shania Twain, Midnight Oil, Daniel Lanois, Nils Lofgren, Manic Street Preechers, Oasis, Gavin DeGraw, Toto, and Amanda Marshall. Check out my last.fm profile if you want to check out your musical compatibility with me. ;)

Right now I'm looking forward to the new album (like everyone else here, I suppose), and praying I'll be able to catch U2 on tour soon.

See you around!

All the best, Malin

Hello Malin, welcome to Interference! :wave:
It's always nice to see more Swedes on international U2 message boards.
Seems like you chose a good moment to join here, things will get crazy in the next few months years. :D

I assume you have also found your way to U2.se already?
If not, you can read the latest U2 related news in Swedish there as well as find like-minded Swedish people to talk to - just to mention a few things we offer.
Hope to see more of you both here and on our boards over at u2.se.
:applaud:

//Edge89 (Simon)

Hi and welcome! :happy:

A lot of people here have lots of musical interests that go beyond U2. If you haven't done so already, you may want to check out Just The Bang & The Clatter, a subforum of The Lemonade Stand that is used for talking about all non-U2 music. :)

Thank you all for welcoming me! I'm going away for Christmas, so I've been busy packing and wrapping them X-mas gifts. But I hope to be able to both read and contribute here pretty soon. I'm looking forward to it!

And as a reply to Edge89, I do know about U2.se, but I haven't been there for a very long time (we're talking years). I'll definitely check it out again now that I'm "back on track"!

Back
Top Bottom