hello from scotland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cscrim

Babyface
Hi i am a u2mad scotsman.

i think i have just put my wife and kids through hell waiting for my collectors edition of htdaab and it has been worth every minute.

it seems like only yesterday i bought my first u2 album(war) which i played till the vinyl just about disappeared. now many albums and gigs later, the excitement has never changed. And now this, a great place to discuss my first love.

Hello fellow Scot! :happy: Looking forward to catching u2 in Scotland next year. Hope they don't forget about us !!

u2lassie - there have been a couple of rumours that they are playing Hampden, either on 10th/11th or 21st/22nd so there you go, just thought i'd let you know! :up: from another fellow scot in Glasgow!

Thanks for that news, Susan! I'd heard Celtic Park or Loch Lomond. Anywhere's fine actually but I guess there's no chance of The Barrowlands! How long have yoy been a fan for?:)

That was funny there putting down yoy! I've gone and done that a few times myself and gone DOH! Anyway i've been a fan of U2 pretty much fom the start as i've been saying a few times on PLEBA and Everything you know is wrong. I was struck immediately by their sound and i kept loving them more and more!
My brother bought all the singles, ep's, everything and i got hooked on it, god it's beginning to feel like i'm hijacking someone's introduction! Anyway it's good that there's a girl on here living not too far away! Speak to you soon on the boards eh!

u2lassie - I was a bit :scratch: about the way you put that! I was worrying there for a while about how to write this down so remember there's no offence taken as you don't know me! You wouldn't even be able to meet my brother as he died 11 years ago :sad: Don't worry though, i wouldn't want to get off on the wrong footing with a newbie on this special place but we could just think of it as 'clearing the air' online eh! I was going to just leave the discussion at my last comment but that just had me wondering! Sorry if this sounds weird but did you just mean that you can agree with me about everything apart from that 1 point? Hope i'm not starting to sound dopey here! :der: :sigh:

So sorry....what was meant as a flippant comment has become a sad one. I only meant to echo the sentimets in your letter ,apart from when you said you'd listened to your brother's U2 records. Hope it didn't cause upset .:( or offence. Certainly didn't mean anything and I had no idea you'd lost your brother...sorry...

Thanks for that, i see perfectly well what you mean. Like i said no offence caused. It really is cool now and you sound a nice and decent sort so let's go back to using some :) and doing what Interference is meant for! It was a while ago now and i'm dealing with a lot better these days so hey don't worry i'm happy that it's cleared up. :wink:

Cscrim said:

i think i have just put my wife and kids through hell waiting for my collectors edition of htdaab and it has been worth every minute.

it seems like only yesterday i bought my first u2 album(war) which i played till the vinyl just about disappeared. now many albums and gigs later, the excitement has never changed. And now this, a great place to discuss my first love.

hello from a Glaswegian living in Southern California.

Cscrim said:

Hi Cscrim,do you think U2 will play in scotland on their 2005 tour?Id be gutted if i couldn't see them.

do you think U2 will play in scotland on their 2005 tour?Id be gutted if i couldn't see them
It's Looking ever more likely that there's going to be a Hampden Park, Glasgow show and possibly in June but....it's all just speculation until the official announcement. The Daily Record started off a Balloch Park show rumour but they also said that for the Elevation tour. We've just got to hold on and take whatever anyone says in these forums, even if they reckon they're 100% right, with a pinch of salt until the official announcement.

Thank you.I hope they play Hampden Park.The last time they played at the SECC i couldnt get tickets.I haven't seen them live since the pop mart tour in murrayfield.I really don't want to miss out this time.

have you subscribed to u2.com for priority ticket buying?

Back
Top Bottom