Hello from NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grindstone

The Fly
Hey, I've actually been a member of this forum for a couple of years.. but rarely post anything (Usually just read)

but now with the new album on the horizon, I'm started to come here more for news, etc.. and post too.. so I figured I should do things the proper way and drop a note here.

U2 has been my favorite band since I first saw the Gloria video on the new TV channel called MTV, back in 1982. Seen them live about 15 times in total.. was in the heart at the following Elevation Tour shows: Atlanta (twice), Charlotte, Baltimore, Wash DC (2nd night), Lexington and in the reserved section in Albany. So, chances are I've met some of you along the way.. as I was a regular at many of the shows.. in the lines.. and trading the shows.

U2 has been the main inspiration to molding me into the person I am today in regards to my views on life and morals personally, spiritually, politically and professionally.. as I have had a very successful career in the music business for 12 years now and U2's music is what made me realized such a thing existed, that it was a natural fit for me (promoting their music at a young age was my first taste in doing this!) and also gave me the belief that I could be successful and make a difference no matter what hurdles came along the way.

My job is the Director of A&R, which means I sign the bands to our label.. (yes, it's great) it's what I have dreamed of since I was 7 years old.. and actually, I recently signed a band very closely tied with U2.. but I'm not going to use this forum as a place of promotion b/c I know that's inappropriate but I am sure it will come up only b/c I think people here would be interested.. but I will only discuss it with those who are.. not force anything on the forum out of respect.

just wanted to say "whazzup" and let you know I'll be around more on this forum as the U2 machine gears back up for another run!

peace
Grindstone

Hello from another fan in NC (Wilmington)...looking forward to the unique perspective you'll bring to the Forum! :up:

Welcome! :)

:wink: Hey Hi Grindstone! Welcome:wave: I, too fell for the band when I saw the Gloria video on MTV-every 30 minutes!! And, I have lived in NC-lil' o' Asheboro & High Point! Now, in FL! Glad to hear U2 inspired you to get into music! Cool!! Enjoy n' many happy postings!!;)

Back
Top Bottom