Hello from Minnesota

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

longingforBono

War Child
Yes I live in that place that fascinates Bono- the Midwest. Don't ask me what fascinates him about it- I spend most days bored as he//.

Anyway I am 33, married to a guy from Ireland- born in Dublin, raised in Sligo, living in Co. Dublin when I met him. I have 3 kids- 8, almost 5 and 3- all boys. I was born and raised here in MN- again, fascinating. I did live in Ireland for a while and have great pics of places- like Bono's house- to share when I learn how to do such a thing!

I have been a U2 fan since 1983. I was 11 and I bought Under a Blood Red Sky on VINYL. Still have it btw.

I love all the guys in the band as I think they are incredible musicians, but Bono is the one who has made me weak in the knees for the last 22+ years. As long as I meet him before I die I will be a happy girl. He's the closest thing to an angel on Earth.
I guess I've felt even more 'connected' to him in the last few years. Right before his dad died, my father was diagnosed with cancer also. Everyday on the way to the hospital to visit him I listened to "If God Will Send His Angels" and did a lot of praying. I lost my dad after a 2+ year battle in February of 2004. "Walk On" and "Sometimes" are very hard for me to listen to because "Walk On" is what I hear my dad telling me in my head- to keep going when you are sad, etc. "Sometimes" is tougher because- like Bono and Bob- my dad and I didn't always have a very good relationship. Things were better by the end but a lot of years were wasted. I would love to thank Bono someday for writing some things that really helped me through the worst point in my life so far. I always knew "my boys" would come thru for me someday!

Well enough of that. I have a great sense of humor and I love to visit and joke with people so I hope I will find some really fun people to talk to on here.

And with that, I am off to PLEBA to have a drool before bedtime.

P.S. This is about the coolest site I have ever seen!:applaud:

Welcome to the forum. Hope that you are going to like it here. I also lost both of my parents. My dad six years ago, and my mom 2 years ago. I know abou the song Walk On, because too it's what both of my parents would want me to do.

Hi there&welcome! :wink: Sorry to hear about your dad :hug:

Bono makes me weak in the knees too&that's being polite! Sounds as though you'll absolutely :heart: Pleba! See you around there maybe! :)

P.s - Have you ever seen them in concert? :wink:

^^^
Thank you very much!
Yeah I was being polite as well. Don't wanna go too overboard on my first few weeks! I can be rather bold.:drool:

I have seen them 3 times: Joshua Tree, Pop and ATYCLB. I had tickets for Zoo Tour but couldn't go at the last minute- that still makes me wanna cry to this day!

:scream: What a bummer to miss Zoo TV! I saw the indoor&outdoor shows&Bono was smokin' hot in '92&'93!!!! :combust: :combust: :combust:

Just wait 'til you read some of the dirty stuff said at Pleba!!!! It would make you blush, some of it! :eek: :giggle:

I know he was smokin' hot then. My all time fave look of his is from the One video in NY, when he's drinking whiskey and Heineken! That's why I used that for my avatar!
That look and of course, right now. He just gets better with age.

OMFG!!! That one bar vid has been at the centre of MANY a naughty discussion, let me tell you! :drool: He drives me wild in that vid!!!! :combust: :combust: :combust:

Yep, that part towards the end when he looks into the camera with that look on his face like "I just don't know what to say anymore"- like he's resigned to the fact that it's over- whatever it was. DAMN DAMN DAMN he looks SOOOOOOO perfect. Makes me wanna crawl into the tv and lick his face! (Well I probably wouldn't stop there, but you know what I mean.)
Then when he goes outside and puts the shades on, oh mama.:combust: :combust: is right!!!!!!

This is so fun, btw!

I meant to ask yesterday, Susanp6:
You aren't my cousin Susan in Colorado are you? I think she has a thing for Bono too.
Either way, from here on I am pretending we are cousins ok?!:love:

Ahh! :wink: That's a very nice idea! Nope, not poss i could be your cuz from Colorado, as i'm in Scotland but here we are cousins then! And as far as Bono goes, i'm VERY bad!!!! :evil: :censored: :macdevil: !!!!

Yay!!!! :applaud: :hug:

I'll say nite to a new friend then as i'm V tired from sitting up&reading about the concert lastnite! Had little sleep! :yawn: :yawn:

:wave:

Wow! You are going to see them then! Have you got GA? What a view that is!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

I was opposite Bono at the target when he was banging away at that drum!!!! JESUS!!!! :combust: :combust: :combust:

That was the sexiest thing i EVER saw!!! And singing SYCMIOYO&some of Zoo station - i thought i was going to experience the big O there&then!!!! :ohmy:

No I don't have GA. I don't even know where my seats are- I just know the guy who got them for us works for a radio station and he said they are awesome so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

I thought he was sexiest on Mysterious Ways on the last tour when he rose from the floor lying on his back, making noises like HE was havin' a big O!

And the nice part is that I have a bootleg of it so I listen to it all the time!:dancing:

Mmmmmmm :drool: Bono moans eh?!?! :combust: :combust: :combust:

Doesn't the sounds he makes just drive ya wild???!!! :ohmy: :sexywink: :evil: :censored: :faint:

Back
Top Bottom